shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany ering + Lucida 2mm band pics?

50shadesofblack

Shiny_Rock
I tried to find this combo, but I haven't seen this yet. Anywhere. :twirl:
I looked through the eye candy folder (the whole thing), I searched the forum and I googled it up and nada. :(

Sooo, I am calling out to PSers and I am hoping that someone might have this combo.

If you have it, could you please post a pic for me please? I was a little bit stupid because when I decided I did not like how 3mm Lucida looked with my ering, I didn't ask to try on 2mm! ;( And I am two countries away from the closest Tiffany store at the moment. :mrgreen:

Here is what I decided was a bad match, in case anyone is interested:

Thanks a lot in advance for any help you might offer!

Lucida.jpg

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
2mm rings are really thin, but I think it could look good! It's not going to sit flush with your setting though, so if that's something that you want you may need to get a curved band made. My wedding band is a 2mm and it sits with my 2.5mm channel set e-ring setting. The photo is in my avatar. It's not with a tiffany though... but it may help you get an idea of size.

50shadesofblack

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your reply, mrswahs!

I have actually seen and admired your rings already :)

I agree that 2mm is very thin, but my knife edge looks so thin I hope that 2mm will look ok. =)

TiffanyLady

Rough_Rock
Ivana|1323644783|3079422 said:
I tried to find this combo, but I haven't seen this yet. Anywhere. :twirl:
I looked through the eye candy folder (the whole thing), I searched the forum and I googled it up and nada. :(

Sooo, I am calling out to PSers and I am hoping that someone might have this combo.

If you have it, could you please post a pic for me please? I was a little bit stupid because when I decided I did not like how 3mm Lucida looked with my ering, I didn't ask to try on 2mm! ;( And I am two countries away from the closest Tiffany store at the moment. :mrgreen:

Here is what I decided was a bad match, in case anyone is interested:

Thanks a lot in advance for any help you might offer!

Ivana, I went through a similar thought process as you when I was looking for my wedding band. I also have the Tiffany setting and I knew I wanted a plain band. I visited the store about 7 times before I finally made up my mind! I actually never found any pictures of the 2mm Lucida/Tiffany setting combo either, and unfortunately, I also never purchased it so I don't have pictures to show you. When I tried it on, I found it to be too thin and too low, in comparison to my engagement ring. It almost seemed too flimsy compared to the engagment ring.

Have you tried on the 3mm knife edge? I actually originally purchased the 3mm knife edge, because I liked it better by itself than the 2mm knife edge (which I orginally was dead set against getting.) I wasn't crazy about the 3mm, but I liked that it was a bit thinner than the 3mm Lucida and, as I said, it looked better alone. Long story short, after about a week of having it, I found it too be too thick when paired with my ering. As a side note, I had determined that I wouldn't be wearing the wedding band alone very often and it was best to get something that I liked paried with the ering. (I also decided that I would simply get a new band in the future to wear alone, if there came a time when I really felt the need to have one!) So, I ended up returning the 3mm in exchange for the 2mm knife edge and I absolutely love my rings now!

I have attached some photos so that you can see the difference between the 2mm and 3mm Knife Edge. They were taken with my cell phone camera, so they are not great. I hope this helps at least a little as you continue to decide!

3mm Knife Edge.jpg

3mm Knife Edge2.jpg

2mm Knife Edge.jpg

50shadesofblack

Shiny_Rock
Hi Bellabee!

Thanks a lot for your pictures! I have tried the 2mm knife edge and I posted a picture of it here. I love the way the look together, but alone it.... sucks. :sick:

My diamond is much smaller than yours and that makes my ring thinner. Do you think a 2mm higher dome band would fit better than Lucida? I was looking at this one.

TiffanyLady

Rough_Rock
No problem. My diamond is only .95 ct, so I didn't think it would be too much thicker. The 3mm knife edge definitely may seem too thick if your ring is thinner. I think the domed ring you posted might work. Maybe you could purchase it to try it out for a week or so, and return it if you're not satisfied?

50shadesofblack

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, that's the plan. I'll get the 2mm version (for me) and 4mm version (for him), take it to Tiffany's and try on every combination I can think of. :mrgreen:

All that will have to wait until mid February though because I won't be in the US till then. :(sad That sucks, because this is the only part of the whole wedding planning I actually enjoy. :mrgreen:

TiffanyLady

Rough_Rock
Can't wait to hear how it goes and see pictures! Rings were probably my favorite part of planning, too. :)

50shadesofblack

Shiny_Rock
I am bumping this in case someone in the future will be interested to see this mix... here it is:

The second (lower) picture is to show how low that 2mm Lucida actually is. I did not like that it lacked height, it was a little, tiny, thin band with a price tag of nearly 1k dollars. :o

Lucida 2mm.JPG

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ivana|1329150474|3125336 said:
I am bumping this in case someone in the future will be interested to see this mix... here it is:

The second (lower) picture is to show how low that 2mm Lucida actually is. I did not like that it lacked height, it was a little, tiny, thin band with a price tag of nearly 1k dollars. :o

did you purchased the band?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results