shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Diamond Earrings

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
I'm 55 years old and I had never been to a Tiffany store - until yesterday. I had seen some earrings on the Tiffany website that I thought were pretty, and I wanted to see them in person. Almost all of my jewelry is vintage/antique and purchased from Ebay (yes, I will admit that).
I tried on several pair of earrings - the "vine" diamond earring and a hoop diamond earring. I thought I would really love the "vine", but I have so much hair that the earring wasn't easily visible.
I have never worn hoops before, and was surprised that I liked them so much. The price tag though was shocking. It would be a guilty pleasure though, to own a piece of jewelry from Tiffany"s.
With such a high price, they would become an almost everyday pair.

I would consider a used pair of Tiffany earrings, but I would need to know they are authentic.

I have seen some gorgeous photos of Tiffany and VCA earrings here on Pricescope.- I know that the name brand means paying a much highter price.

I was wondering what people's thoughts were who purchased a "brand" name piece - Is it all that I think it will be? Did your regret it?

Thanks for your thoughts

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Great question! I own *one* Tiffany&Co piece. It is a 18k yellow gold rolling ring. I love being able to say I have one name brand piece. But honestly.... the price is so not worth having anything other than one statement piece to wear everyday. The prices are so inflated.... it’s nice having one expensive piece to show off... but other than that, so many vendors can make even more beautiful pieces at a fraction of the cost!

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
I have a few pieces of jewelry from Tiffany. I love them and don’t regret getting them. Tiffany makes beautiful, classic jewelry and there’s nothing wrong with wanting a Tiffany piece if that’s what you’re after.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No regrets.

Sometimes a design that I just have to have comes from a shop with a well-known name and brand. Sometimes it doesn't. Either way - if I have to have it - then I never regret buying it!!

I think having a design that one loves replicated on the cheap by another vendor is almost always a quick path to regret, though. There's never anything quite like the original - in terms of both practical aesthetic and mind-clean emotional investment.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
If you fell in love with these earrings, and can afford them, I say go for it. I think this makes sense especially if these are going to be part of your daily wardrobe.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the price compared to Whiteflash for the same thing?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a few Tiffany pieces I bought on ebay and a few that I have bought from a Tiffany store. The pieces I bought on ebay were pieces that were discontinued. I have two zig zag bracelets in silver and a zig zag ring in silver and one in yellow gold. I love those pieces and wear them often. The pieces I bought at the store were all silver from their bow collections. Although they were not couture pieces, there are some of the higher end bands I would buy there. I don't regret anything I own. I love all of them.
If you love the hoop earrings, buy them. It sounds like you love them. Any earrings you would look at would be compared to those. Some pieces that Tiffany does are done so very well. I don't think you can go wrong. Tiffany's pieces do retain a little more value because of the name. So if you ever tired of them, there are dealers that love to buy Tiffany. I keep all my jewelry. It just waits in my box until I love it again.

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for your thoughtful responses.

I did reach out to Whiteflash and I am waiting to hear from them.
I do like the idea of "mind clean". I have always tried to get a bargain on my jewelry( hence my Ebay purchases). While I have some nice pieces, I have had to make compromises on many items.

After all these years it just feels like the right time to purchase my first Tiffany piece- The earrings just seemed so perfect, and my husband loved them also.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most of my jewelry is from Tiffany, and I don't regret buying from them. These are my earrings from there. Good luck! IMG_4841D.JPG

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a few Tiffany pieces also, and I don't regret any of them & love them all. The two platinum bracelets in my avatar are from Tiffany - I think they make the BEST bezels.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a few Tiffany pieces also, and I don't regret any of them & love them all. The two platinum bracelets in my avatar are from Tiffany - I think they make the BEST bezels.

I agree - Tiffany makes the best mass-produced bezels! And I think they make the best mass-produced bands too :bigsmile:

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
@Paisley2628 Do you have photos of the earrings you tried on and are interested in? I’m the same age as you and I went into Tiffany’s for my first time about 10 years ago. My second time was about 4 years to try on the j-hoop earrings. The price tag was out of my budget, a little larger than I wanted and I did not care for the twist design. Hoping to get something similar made as shown on the other thread.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have three diamond pieces and quite a few silver pieces that my children purchased for me. My .72 diamond pendant is my absolute favorite...It’s a tiny sparkle bomb! The next favorite is my channel set baguette band. I also love my embrace band. My first and third my husband purchased for me. I bought my channel set band. They were definitely worth it to me. :kiss2:

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
@Paisley2628 Do you have photos of the earrings you tried on and are interested in? I’m the same age as you and I went into Tiffany’s for my first time about 10 years ago. My second time was about 4 years to try on the j-hoop earrings. The price tag was out of my budget, a little larger than I wanted and I did not care for the twist design. Hoping to get something similar made as shown on the other thread.

This is the earring I tried on at the Tiffany store - The earring comes in two sizes, this is the smaller one. It is a lot of money- much more than I normally would spend. I have contacted Whiteflash for an estimate of a similar size diamond hoop.

IMG_8084.PNG

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have some pieces I enjoy:
The Etoile, Legacy and Embrace and 2 tone plain (forget official name) bands
Schlumberger 16 stone ring
Metro bangle.
Wear them all a lot. But, I get why it’s not worth it to everyone to pay the price bump.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe the Swing collection? I think they merged the two collections at one point.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reactions: nkc

Sachsensox

Rough_Rock
Such a good question. I own many of the olive leaf silver pieces. I have tiny diamond studs and a few of the big heart silver pieces. In general, my rule is to only buy things there where the design can’t be easily replicated. I have a pair of signature diamond as pedal drop earrings. I fell in love with them when and Instagram friend on the other side of the world posted them. I also buy vintage and love second hand. I looked for those damn earrings for 18 months to no avail.

Said Instagram friend then became an ethical vegan and sold her pearls. I bought them. She gave me a great deal and i adore them!

Someday I’d like a schlumberger 16 stone and i will also sometime get the bezet scatter band. I wouldn’t buy a simple band from them and wouldn’t buy a large diamond unless it’s a lucida since that’s their own cut. Lucida has my heart. Here are the earrings. 551BC160-F9FD-41BB-9492-34D658F46090.png

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
Such a good question. I own many of the olive leaf silver pieces. I have tiny diamond studs and a few of the big heart silver pieces. In general, my rule is to only buy things there where the design can’t be easily replicated. I have a pair of signature diamond as pedal drop earrings. I fell in love with them when and Instagram friend on the other side of the world posted them. I also buy vintage and love second hand. I looked for those damn earrings for 18 months to no avail.

Said Instagram friend then became an ethical vegan and sold her pearls. I bought them. She gave me a great deal and i adore them!

Someday I’d like a schlumberger 16 stone and i will also sometime get the bezet scatter band. I wouldn’t buy a simple band from them and wouldn’t buy a large diamond unless it’s a lucida since that’s their own cut. Lucida has my heart. Here are the earrings. 551BC160-F9FD-41BB-9492-34D658F46090.png

Those are beautiful earrings! I agree with you that it is a good rule to only buy if the design can't or shouldn't be duplicated. That is why I was having second thoughts about the diamond hoop earrings. There was nothing unique about them- nothing that is a "Tiffany" piece.

I've contacted Whiteflash and they are working on a quote for a diamond hoop. I actually ordered a VCA piece yesterday which will be delivered today. I won't be opening it until Thursday, which is my 32nd wedding anniversary!

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
This is the earring I tried on at the Tiffany store - The earring comes in two sizes, this is the smaller one. It is a lot of money- much more than I normally would spend. I have contacted Whiteflash for an estimate of a similar size diamond hoop.

IMG_8084.PNG

@Paisley2628 I’m confident that Whiteflash can make something similar with better quality diamonds at a better price. I look forward to seeing them.

Sachsensox

Rough_Rock
Those are beautiful earrings! I agree with you that it is a good rule to only buy if the design can't or shouldn't be duplicated. That is why I was having second thoughts about the diamond hoop earrings. There was nothing unique about them- nothing that is a "Tiffany" piece.

I've contacted Whiteflash and they are working on a quote for a diamond hoop. I actually ordered a VCA piece yesterday which will be delivered today. I won't be opening it until Thursday, which is my 32nd wedding anniversary!

Congrats on the anniversary and the VCA! We’d love to see it. I’m totally with you on the earrings. I lived in LA and you can find the same on every corner of the jewelry district. Tiffany uses good stones, no doubt, but they’re just not that special. With my pear earrings i couldn’t find another pair with the same proportions, movement, and simplicity. And the pearls are good quality. So I’m all for Tiffany when that’s the case. :)

sprinklesparkles

Shiny_Rock
I have a pretty little pearl bracelet from Tiffany, but generally their markup for brand name isn't worth it to me.

That being said, there are other brands where it IS worth the markup, so it's really variable and all in they eye of the beholder, you know?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results