shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany & Co. 16 stone Jean Schlumberger ring

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you in the USA where if you wanted to return the ring it would not be a big deal?
The seller has a 30 day return policy.
Another PSer had a bad experience with a fake Schlumberger ring and had to pay the duty for it when it came into the country even though she returned it.
If you are not in the USA then I would not buy it from the Ebay seller who is from New York.
I would wait a little for other PSers to chime in on the hallmarks.
They look good to me but as I said there are a few variations.
If you do decide to buy it I would offer 5,000 and see what they come back with.
Also.. I only saw you posted one link to an Ebay ring. Was there another one?

DrewLKO

Rough_Rock
Yeah I'm in the USA. That's a good plan. I'll have to make sure I can get it to a Tiffany store for verification once I get it too. Nearest one is 4 hours away unfortunately :/ These are the two ebay ones
I realize now I sent links for the same one twice

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tiffany-Co...443169?hash=item5b71edf161:g:~nMAAOSwf71dEldF

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello again!
They both look OK to me.. but I would wait until others on the forum chime in.
The second one you sent is a "later model" as the hallmarks are laser inscribed rather than stamped.
This seller however doesn't take returns.
The first one you posted seems to have the original the receipt which is nice to have.
It's a good idea to bring to a Tiffany store after you receive it but they won't give you any type of verification. The best you can do is ask them to clean it. It's just another set of eyes on it.
Most rings I have bought require sizing which is a little bit more verification than cleaning.
They won't work on any merchandise that isn't their own and you might catch a fake that way.
Let's wait for others to give their authenticity opinions..

DrewLKO

Rough_Rock
The second one I think looks better and I think if everyone chimes in with approval I'll shoot over a $5k offer and see what happens!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! Look at your other thread too.. Pinot Noir commented some helpful things.
Also.. there is another one on Ebay from an established seller. You can compare the hallmark there too.

DrewLKO

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your input. I'll check it out

spjin

Rough_Rock
Hoping I could bother you for your expertise? I'm looking at purchasing one seconhand for my wife as I cant quite meet the 10k price tag. I've found several on ebay and I'm not sure they are authentic at all.

The first one, the placement of the "Tiffany & Co" on the inside of the ring covers 1.5 stones, the placement doesnt seem consistent with what ive seen described as authentic. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tiffany-Co...443169?hash=item5b71edf161:g:~nMAAOSwf71dEldF

The second one I cant get a good look at that placement but the banner that the "Tiffany & Co" is lasered on seems too wide? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tiffany-Co...443169?hash=item5b71edf161:g:~nMAAOSwf71dEldF

This one seems closer but the pics are bad :/
Shop designer jewelry with me on Truefacet.
Shop and sell top designer brands up to 70% off. Use this link to get $70 off on your first order of $200+
www.truefacet.com
www.truefacet.com

And this website Bonanza is selling a ton of them, decent quality but based on the emblem PT950 not covering two stones they seem fake as well!

www.bonanza.com

Tiffany & Co Platinum Jean Schlumberger 16 Stone Diamond X Ring Size 6.5 1.14CT
Offered for sale is the elegant Tiffany Co Platinum Jean Schlumberger 16 Stone Diamond Ring. Excellent condition! The ring is made from Solid Platinum 950 and holds 16 Natural Round Brilliant Diamonds that add to 1.14Ct F Color VVS-VS Clarity D...
www.bonanza.com

I'd really love and would truly appreciate your input if you have the time! If not, I understand!

I know this is an old post but I wanted to add a bit of information based on my experience shopping for these beautiful rings. I have tried it on at our local Tiffany and bought one second-hand with the original receipt a year ago. I had to return it because the size 7 was very tight. I have just purchased a 7.5 off of eBay and I hope it's what I'm expecting in authenticity and size.

There has been a lot of discussion about the marked band on the inside and I was confused about the comments about the PT950 needing to cover 2 stones. All I had ever heard was that the marked band needed to cover 6 stones. Anyway, I looked for reputable resellers to see what their marks looked like and found these from Christie's and 1st Dibs. This shows the PT950 part covering 1.5 stones. I understand that there can be a little variation on the look of the band depending on the era the ring was made, but my thought is that Christie's especially would be a source worth trusting as a reference for buying second hand.

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 10.40.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 11.25.42 AM.png

@Drew LKO, I don't recall if you finally purchased a ring but this is regarding the seller you linked to above, the one with the picture of the ring on the blue box. This seller is on at least 4 selling platforms and has loads of these rings for sale. She uses the same photo for every 16-stone ring she sells (the ring has the same scratch in every picture, no matter the size or listing), never shows pictures of the actual ring. I messaged her two or three times over a couple months asking for actual pictures and she never replied. So for future buyers, just take that into consideration. I think her rings look real based on the two I've tried on, but that a seller would expect someone to pay almost $7000 for a ring sight unseen and not respond to customer inquiries raises concern.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results