shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Atlas or Cartier Trinity for everyday necklace

Tiffany Atlas or Cartier Trinity for everyday necklace?

• Tiffany Atlas

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Cartier Trinity

Votes: 14 87.5%

• Total voters

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
they are both very nice.

i do favor the cartier trinity alot more

i have always loved the cartier trinity. so much so, that mr. big fat facets and i chose them as our wedding rings. i am biased towards the trinity

i understand the origin of the 3 interlocking ring is russian. also known as a russian wedding ring. But cartier, being cartier, made them known the world over.

im sure they will both look lovely on you

does the symbolism of either appeal to you more than the other??

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
they are both very nice.

i have always loved the cartier trinity. so much so, that mr. big fat facets and i chose them as our wedding rings. i am biased towards the trinity

i understand the origin of the 3 interlocking ring is russian. also known as a russian wedding ring. But cartier, being cartier, made them known the world over.

Good question. I prefer the symbolism of the trinity necklace. My husband and I have been together over twenty years (married 18 years) and I like the idea of celebrating our longevity with the trinity necklace.

I like the symbolism of strength and endurance with the Atlas pendant, but I think the Trinity wins on symbolism. Thanks!

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
they are both very nice.

Did you notice if the trinity ring runs smaller than your normal size? I tried on the small trinity ring at the Chicago store and I was a size 48 (or 4 1/2) but I always wear a size 5 in every other ring.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
I don't believe they run smaller, per se ... but they are not "fit" like the conventional single band rings. Cartier official website has a page all about it:

they recommend to go down, 2 sizes, in one's usual size.

i also want to point out that when mr. big fat facets and i outgrew our rings as we married at ages 20 and 21. we brought out rings into cartier and they were very reluctant to the point of refusal, to resize for us. the hallmark & european size are stamped into the inner surface of the pink gold ring. that's the, unfortunate, down side of the rings.

i suppose i could have, and still could get a non cartier bench to resize. but i havent chosen to go that way

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
I don't believe they run smaller, per se ... but they are not "fit" like the conventional single band rings. Cartier official website has a page all about it:

they recommend to go down, 2 sizes, in one's usual size.

i also want to point out that when mr. big fat facets and i outgrew our rings as we married at ages 20 and 21. we brought out rings into cartier and they were very reluctant to the point of refusal, to resize for us. the hallmark & european size are stamped into the inner surface of the pink gold ring. that's the, unfortunate, down side of the rings.

i suppose i could have, and still could get a non cartier bench to resize. but i havent chosen to go that way

This is very helpful. Thanks so much!

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
I like both but the Trinity would be so flexible for matching other colours of gold together and it’s so classic.

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
I like both but the Trinity would be so flexible for matching other colours of gold together and it’s so classic.

Thanks, I'm definitely leaning toward(s) the Trinity. Now I'm wondering if I should get the matching bracelet or ring while I'm at it. How much is too much? :D

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, I'm definitely leaning toward(s) the Trinity. Now I'm wondering if I should get the matching bracelet or ring while I'm at it. How much is too much? :D

When you get to Mr T level you might stop. @astaeria posted her and her new husband’s Trinity rings and I love how they work with different styles of other jewelry too. Can’t go wrong with a matching piece.

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
When you get to Mr T level you might stop. @astaeria posted her and her new husband’s Trinity rings and I love how they work with different styles of other jewelry too. Can’t go wrong with a matching piece.

Thanks, this is so helpful. I like how she pairs it with her engagement ring. I think I also saw a Trinity ring in the RING FAMILY ON ONE HAND thread. I will have to go back and look.

P.S. Mr T level ... love it :lol-2::lol-2:

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
i didn't specify in my earlier posts. but we got the classic size. i understand that the "special" cartier sizing concern is only reserved for the classic and the thick trinity rings.

i believe they also have trinity earrings, too. in addition to rings, bracelets and pendants

have fun shopping!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Bumping an old thread, did you ever pick? I liked the trinity a LOT but went with a lower cost necklace from Blue Nile that has interlocking rings in tricolor metal. If you’re still looking! 2591BC27-7EFF-4D45-BE18-7051DC0B62AE.jpeg

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
Bumping an old thread, did you ever pick? I liked the trinity a LOT but went with a lower cost necklace from Blue Nile that has interlocking rings in tricolor metal. If you’re still looking! 2591BC27-7EFF-4D45-BE18-7051DC0B62AE.jpeg

Your post is so timely! I just bought the interlocking necklace from BN in white gold. I got the trinity bracelet from Cartier, and I love it.

Your necklace is beautiful!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Your post is so timely! I just bought the interlocking necklace from BN in white gold. I got the trinity bracelet from Cartier, and I love it.

Your necklace is beautiful!

Thank you! I love the entire Trinity line at Cartier I’m sure it’s gorgeous! I thought of your post today we were looking for similar things last fall!

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I love the entire Trinity line at Cartier I’m sure it’s gorgeous! I thought of your post today we were looking for similar things last fall!

I was just reading your thread about the exquisite ring in your avatar earlier today. Then you commented on my thread. What a lovely coincidence! I'm including a few shots of my BN necklace.

9557c46b-a4a3-49a3-b832-abbf8cdff42a.JPG 9557c46b-a4a3-49a3-b832-abbf8cdff42a.JPG 05ae8178-8b17-4d22-b3e9-065719549b64.JPG ee422032-68a3-4cd3-8e12-400b0b6cb30b.JPG

Forever Blue

Rough_Rock
I say TRINITY too. It's more universal & significant to me & probably most people. The Atlas doesn't mean anything significant to me personally or as significantly.

Tayberry

Shiny_Rock
I think trying them on is the only way to decide, it's so personal

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
I tried on the Atlas and I didn't like how the circle pendant kept flipping on my neck so that it was standing on edge half the time.

My only hesitation with the trinity is that I think the double strands might get twisted and bother me, but I love my trinity bracelet. I will post pictures soon. I think I'm going to take the plunge and order the trinity necklace next month.

Thanks for all the feedback!

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
Sharing a few pictures of my trinity bracelet. I love that it fits my wrist perfectly on the second loop. I usually pair it with my Tiffany heart ring in 18k yellow gold.

IMG_4201.jpg IMG_4201.jpg IMG_4200.jpg IMG_4199.jpg IMG_4198.jpg IMG_4197.jpg IMG_4196.jpg IMG_4195.jpg

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
Matching Trinity necklace. I chose this version instead of the double strand because the motif is larger, and it moves freely on the chain, which I prefer to a fixed pendant. It's a great everyday necklace.

IMG_5780.jpg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Matching Trinity necklace. I chose this version instead of the double strand because the motif is larger, and it moves freely on the chain, which I prefer to a fixed pendant. It's a great everyday necklace.

IMG_5780.jpg

I have been curious about these; is the ring removable? Is it just like a tiny trinity ring on a chain? Bc I saw on ebay a trinity ring that was a really small size; like a 3, and I was thinking - "I wonder if I could put that on a chain and it would be like the necklace". :lol: Bc even preloved necklaces are so pricey. I'm glad you guys posted the BN one too; I had seen that before and thought about it so it's nice to see pics.

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, the ring is removable. It's smaller than a size 3, which is the size I wear on my pinkie. Here are a few pictures.

IMG_5949.jpg IMG_5948.jpg IMG_5947.jpg IMG_5946.jpg

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
I have been curious about these; is the ring removable? Is it just like a tiny trinity ring on a chain? Bc I saw on ebay a trinity ring that was a really small size; like a 3, and I was thinking - "I wonder if I could put that on a chain and it would be like the necklace". :lol: Bc even preloved necklaces are so pricey. I'm glad you guys posted the BN one too; I had seen that before and thought about it so it's nice to see pics.

Forgot to say that I would totally get a trinity ring and wear it on a chain. I'm thinking about getting the classic trinity ring, but rose gold doesn't do well with hand sanitizer, and I'm addicted to the stuff now. If I get the ring for Christmas, I would probably wear it on a chain and layer it with my trinity necklace until I can break my hand-sanitizer addiction.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Forgot to say that I would totally get a trinity ring and wear it on a chain. I'm thinking about getting the classic trinity ring, but rose gold doesn't do well with hand sanitizer, and I'm addicted to the stuff now. If I get the ring for Christmas, I would probably wear it on a chain and layer it with my trinity necklace until I can break my hand-sanitizer addiction.

Well the necklace looks almost like the band width is a Trinity XS. Would you say that’s the case? Or is it thicker bands like the Trinity classic? If I find a small preloved I would totally do that. There are some on eBay but none with papers. When I bought my Trinity pre-loved it had the certificate and even the original receipt. There’s so many fakes out there I would be nervous of spending a lot of money for one that wasn’t legit.

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
The bands on the trinity necklace are closer in size to the XS than the classic. But the shape is more like a shrunken classic.

If I recall correctly, the XS bands are rounded (like a tube in the shape of a circle) and they felt like titanium, an almost plastic feeling. The bands on the trinity necklace are shaped more like a comfit-fit band. That's how I think the classic ring is shaped.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results