Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Atlas or Cartier Trinity for everyday necklace

Tiffany Atlas or Cartier Trinity for everyday necklace?

• Tiffany Atlas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cartier Trinity

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
they are both very nice.

i do favor the cartier trinity alot more

i have always loved the cartier trinity. so much so, that mr. big fat facets and i chose them as our wedding rings. i am biased towards the trinity

i understand the origin of the 3 interlocking ring is russian. also known as a russian wedding ring. But cartier, being cartier, made them known the world over.

im sure they will both look lovely on you

does the symbolism of either appeal to you more than the other??

mommylawyer

Shiny_Rock
they are both very nice.

i have always loved the cartier trinity. so much so, that mr. big fat facets and i chose them as our wedding rings. i am biased towards the trinity

i understand the origin of the 3 interlocking ring is russian. also known as a russian wedding ring. But cartier, being cartier, made them known the world over.

Good question. I prefer the symbolism of the trinity necklace. My husband and I have been together over twenty years (married 18 years) and I like the idea of celebrating our longevity with the trinity necklace.

I like the symbolism of strength and endurance with the Atlas pendant, but I think the Trinity wins on symbolism. Thanks!

mommylawyer

Shiny_Rock
they are both very nice.

Did you notice if the trinity ring runs smaller than your normal size? I tried on the small trinity ring at the Chicago store and I was a size 48 (or 4 1/2) but I always wear a size 5 in every other ring.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
I don't believe they run smaller, per se ... but they are not "fit" like the conventional single band rings. Cartier official website has a page all about it:

they recommend to go down, 2 sizes, in one's usual size.

i also want to point out that when mr. big fat facets and i outgrew our rings as we married at ages 20 and 21. we brought out rings into cartier and they were very reluctant to the point of refusal, to resize for us. the hallmark & european size are stamped into the inner surface of the pink gold ring. that's the, unfortunate, down side of the rings.

i suppose i could have, and still could get a non cartier bench to resize. but i havent chosen to go that way

mommylawyer

Shiny_Rock
I don't believe they run smaller, per se ... but they are not "fit" like the conventional single band rings. Cartier official website has a page all about it:

they recommend to go down, 2 sizes, in one's usual size.

i also want to point out that when mr. big fat facets and i outgrew our rings as we married at ages 20 and 21. we brought out rings into cartier and they were very reluctant to the point of refusal, to resize for us. the hallmark & european size are stamped into the inner surface of the pink gold ring. that's the, unfortunate, down side of the rings.

i suppose i could have, and still could get a non cartier bench to resize. but i havent chosen to go that way
This is very helpful. Thanks so much!

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
I like both but the Trinity would be so flexible for matching other colours of gold together and it’s so classic.

mommylawyer

Shiny_Rock
I like both but the Trinity would be so flexible for matching other colours of gold together and it’s so classic.
Thanks, I'm definitely leaning toward(s) the Trinity. Now I'm wondering if I should get the matching bracelet or ring while I'm at it. How much is too much? :D

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, I'm definitely leaning toward(s) the Trinity. Now I'm wondering if I should get the matching bracelet or ring while I'm at it. How much is too much? :D
When you get to Mr T level you might stop. @astaeria posted her and her new husband’s Trinity rings and I love how they work with different styles of other jewelry too. Can’t go wrong with a matching piece.

mommylawyer

Shiny_Rock
When you get to Mr T level you might stop. @astaeria posted her and her new husband’s Trinity rings and I love how they work with different styles of other jewelry too. Can’t go wrong with a matching piece.
Thanks, this is so helpful. I like how she pairs it with her engagement ring. I think I also saw a Trinity ring in the RING FAMILY ON ONE HAND thread. I will have to go back and look.

P.S. Mr T level ... love it :lol-2::lol-2:

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
i didn't specify in my earlier posts. but we got the classic size. i understand that the "special" cartier sizing concern is only reserved for the classic and the thick trinity rings.

i believe they also have trinity earrings, too. in addition to rings, bracelets and pendants

have fun shopping!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Reset Heirloom Engagement Ring
    Reset Heirloom Engagement Ring
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    What is PriceScope?
    What is PriceScope?

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.