color
clarity

Tie it up in an amethyst bow tie ring!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What was wrong with the description?
Inquiring minds want to know

It was described as fancy cut amethyst ring instead of bow tie ring or amethyst bow ring, something with "bow" in the title. I'm not complaining because it did work in my favor but if it was described as a "vintage amethyst bow ring" she would have gotten more hits.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was described as fancy cut amethyst ring instead of bow tie ring or amethyst bow ring, something with "bow" in the title. I'm not complaining because it did work in my favor but if it was described as a "vintage amethyst bow ring" she would have gotten more hits.
Yeah, I once bought a gorgeous ruby ring on Ebay mislabeled as garnet. These two are frequently mixed up in ebay listings.
I've seen chrysoprase confused with jade, sapphire confused with blue topaz, etc, etc.
I have several rings that were listed as gold plated, when the 14k mark was clearly seen in the vendor photos.
You just have to type in what you think uninformed people might call the item you are hunting down.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
and misspell words! So many times I have found titles spelled wrong.
Thank goodness for sellers who don’t suffer from OCD...

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's how you lucked out with a star sapphire right @stracci2000? It turned out to be actual gold with diamonds when it was super cheap if I remember right. They had it labeled as plated I think.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's how you lucked out with a star sapphire right @stracci2000? It turned out to be actual gold with diamonds when it was super cheap if I remember right. They had it labeled as plated I think.
Yes! That was a lucky find for me. 29.99.
Persistence pays off, because I was hunting stars on Ebay for weeks before I found that one.
IMG_20180707_142317291.jpg IMG_20180707_145840.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sweet!! :kiss2: Very pretty on you. Congratulations!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results