shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Three Stone Ruby and Diamond Ring

lil425

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Mar 29, 2007
Messages
257
That is going to be one beauty of a ring when its finished - I can't wait to see it!!!!!
 

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,225
WOW. Talk about a dream ring. It's going to be one knock out ring when it is done. I adore my own SK and I'm loving your pics of the hand made process!
 

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 29, 2008
Messages
10,261
I REALLY can't wait to see this! The ruby is beautiful and the traps are just perfect. It's an incedibly well balanced ring and I've got serious ring envy! The step by step photos are such a unique touch. Does he do this for everyone?
 

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 12, 2008
Messages
10,614
Ohhh I love side traps! Can't wait to see the finished piece!
 

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
1,298
coatimundi|1313178299|2989552 said:
sphenequeen|1313117156|2989043 said:
OMG... This is very exciting! I am a huge fan of your e/c ruby and I love what you decided to do! Can't wait to see the next phase in this project.

Me too! Gah-I love rubies. I cannot wait to see the finished ring! Love the process pics-thanks for sharing!!

I am quite found of rubies myself, there is just something about the way they look, they have an sense of motion to them. :lickout:
I am counting down the days! It ought to be here on Wednesday!
 

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
1,298
lknvrb4|1313235996|2989937 said:
cokitty|1313175607|2989514 said:
Snooper|1313129206|2989154 said:
I love seeing the process of making your ring!
Me too! I did not even ask about these, it was just his way of updating me on the progess!
pregcurious said:
I don't know anything about metal working, so how do you get from the platinum ball to the head? This is fascinating.
I think you would have to ask Steven about that!

Kismet said:
It's going to be lovely! The proportions of the 3 stones looks terrific.
Thank you I am dying waiting to see how it will look! Steven matched the side stones to the center for me! :appl:
lknvrb4 said:
I can't wait to see the finished product. I am tossing around the same idea with a tourmaline so seeing your finished ring will be good.
I think this style would be lovely with a tourmaline, what shape is your stone?
I don't have one yet. I really want an emerald or.cushion cut blue tourmaline but I cannot seem to find the right color and shape.

Oh that is tough! Maybe you could contact your favorite vendor and ask for them to search for you???
 

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
1,298
bean said:
cool pictures- thank you for sharing :) Can't wait to see the finished piece!
Bean, thank you! SK Sent them to me!

lil425 said:
That is going to be one beauty of a ring when its finished - I can't wait to see it!!!!!
Me either lil425....four more days!

Gypsy said:
WOW. Talk about a dream ring. It's going to be one knock out ring when it is done. I adore my own SK and I'm loving your pics of the hand made process!
Thank you Gypsy I like your SK ring too! I have two, and I was so happy with them I decided to go for a third! We really are lucky to have such pretty things aren't we?

LovingDiamonds said:
I REALLY can't wait to see this! The ruby is beautiful and the traps are just perfect. It's an incedibly well balanced ring and I've got serious ring envy! The step by step photos are such a unique touch. Does he do this for everyone?
Loving Diamonds! Four more days and I will down the PS servers with photos! I think the ruby is lovely as well. I had contacted three vendors about wanting an emerald cut ruby...Arnold at AJS Gems came through! Oh I just love it in person. SK took what I wanted and ran with it, perfection! I don't know if he does the step wise photos for each client, but my first guess would be no. I have two other rings from him and he did not do step by step pictures, then again I did not ask. So perhaps he would do this for the clients that ask? He seems very helpful and willing to accommodate his clients.

packrat said:
Ohhh I love side traps! Can't wait to see the finished piece!

Thank you packrat!
 

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 1, 2007
Messages
12,111
Wow, it's going to be gorgeous! I love the work in progress pics, too-thanks for sharing! I can't wait to see the finished product!
 

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
1,298
thing2of2|1313287915|2990358 said:
Wow, it's going to be gorgeous! I love the work in progress pics, too-thanks for sharing! I can't wait to see the finished product!
Thank you! 3 more days until I have it on my hot little hand! In the meantime my Madame Blueberry is keeping my hand warm.
 

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
1,298
SK just sent me these photos of the finished ring! Wow!!!!! :love: I am really pleased! Now I just have to wait for the fed ex man to arrive tomorrow!

rolltiderubyring_08.jpg

rolltiderubyring_09.jpg
 

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
1,298
From the inside!

rolltiderubyring_10.jpg

rolltiderubyring_11.jpg
 

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
10,876
:o :love: :love: :love: :love: OMG! It's amazing!
 

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
1,298
ame|1313611601|2992776 said:
:o :love: :love: :love: :love: OMG! It's amazing!
Thanks Miss Ame! I am awfully excited about it getting here tomorrow!!!
 

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
1,298
8)

rolltiderubyring_12.jpg
 

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
10,876
That really is breathtaking. I cannot wait for handshots of that bad boy. The traps are like the perfect size. PERFECT.
 

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
1,298
ame|1313612084|2992785 said:
That really is breathtaking. I cannot wait for handshots of that bad boy. The traps are like the perfect size. PERFECT.

I think he did a fantastic job. SK has a wonderful eye for proportion. Shall I admit that I was worried that the traps would be too large based on the picture he sent me? I am so glad I took a step back and let him do his thing. Clearly the man knows what he is doing.
 

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
10,876
I'd have to agree. I saw the side by side and thought they might be too large also but in a completed ring it looks perfect.
 

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 29, 2008
Messages
10,261
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Nothing more to say apart from that I'm seriously jealous and want one!!!
 

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
1,298
ame|1313612742|2992792 said:
I'd have to agree. I saw the side by side and thought they might be too large also but in a completed ring it looks perfect.

:appl: :naughty: :appl:
 

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
1,298
LovingDiamonds|1313612812|2992793 said:
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Nothing more to say apart from that I'm seriously jealous and want one!!!

Thank you Loving Diamonds! I am super excited!
I bought the ruby from Arnold at AJS Gems and the setting was made by Steven Kirsch of Timeless Luxury.
Steven was a joy to work with he took my request of what I wanted and ran with it. Yea Steven!
 

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Feb 2, 2011
Messages
3,333
Rubies are the only colored stones I care for, and EC's are my favorite cut. You've got one fabulous combination there IMO. Just lovely...
 

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
1,298
Begonia|1313616308|2992841 said:
Rubies are the only colored stones I care for, and EC's are my favorite cut. You've got one fabulous combination there IMO. Just lovely...
Thank you Begonia, that is very kind!
 

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Joined
May 6, 2005
Messages
2,991
Wow! That's a knockout! Steven did a fabulous job.
 

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 16, 2007
Messages
5,763
Just gorgeous! Ruby perfection! I am so in love with traps as sidestones, enjoy!
 

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
40,225
I adore it. It's just perfect. Can't wait for handshots.
 

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
1,298
Kismet|1313618836|2992877 said:
Wow! That's a knockout! Steven did a fabulous job.
Thank you Kismet! I could not agree more!

Asscherhalo_lover said:
Just gorgeous! Ruby perfection! I am so in love with traps as sidestones, enjoy!
Thank you AHL! I will!

Gypsy said:
I adore it. It's just perfect. Can't wait for handshots.
Aww Gypsy that is very sweet! Handshots will be up as soon as I have the ring!
 

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Aug 31, 2009
Messages
1,199
Wow, perfection. I love your ring! The ruby is a beauty and I love those prongs. It's really something to see that very fluid looking ball of platinum turned into such a piece.
 

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
1,298
Novel|1313620097|2992897 said:
Wow, perfection. I love your ring! The ruby is a beauty and I love those prongs. It's really something to see that very fluid looking ball of platinum turned into such a piece.
Thank you so much Novel! It was very nice of SK to share those additional photos wasn't it?
 

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 14, 2005
Messages
5,532
That ring is so gorgeous, you must be thrilled! I love the delicacy of those claw prongs and the workmanship looks amazing.
 
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results
Top