shape
carat
color
clarity

Three stone OEC ring, victorian replica OWD/DK

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
You're not alone! This happens to me frequently with PS vendors...including those with whom I've worked before. It happens regardless of whether I'm planning to spend a lot or a little. Maybe they just get super-busy? It reminds me of when I try to hire contractors to work on home projects -- it's crickets a lot of the time!

Crazy! I mean, I guess each vendor perhaps has many requests, most (some) of which result in nothing. But hey! That’s part of running a business!

Your comparison to contractors is spot on. I guess I didn’t know since my diamond infatuation is fairly new and I haven’t purchased many yet. Now, I know better than to expect a reply lol.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is STUNNING!!!
Thank you!
Beautiful ring!!! Well done!!!
Thanks! it was a journey, but well worth it.

@Rfisher, your ring IS stunning!! Simply stunning :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: !!

Three stone rings are really killing it this year!!! Thanks for sharing her with us but I'd really like to see more videos:D.
You sure got that right! there’s been quite the killer three stones put out on PS over the past months - thank you for the kind words- and here’s a gif i took just today
091CA163-BCE9-4757-A584-455AB5B47368.gif

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing your new beauty and the journey you took to bring her home! She is positively stunning.

I have to say, that I am surprised and how often a PS vendor doesn’t get back to me. Like ever, at all. I contacted OWD via IG and via email and never heard back. There were a few others like that too. I’m usually asking about inventory or if they have a particular stone; I’m not asking for anything crazy and I’m always polite. I wonder what’s up with that?

Anyways, wear her in good health!
You are welcome and thank you!
I feel you on waiting on vendors to get back with you, feeling a tad bit left behind? The hardest part is deciding on when to ring them up to prod them into action or just slink away and may be forgotten? I’m dealing with this right now too.:blackeye:
You're not alone! This happens to me frequently with PS vendors...including those with whom I've worked before. It happens regardless of whether I'm planning to spend a lot or a little. Maybe they just get super-busy? It reminds me of when I try to hire contractors to work on home projects -- it's crickets a lot of the time!
Weird! I swear I just posted a response to this thread to @Rfisher but it disappeared! Guess I'm not very good at using the upgraded site?

Anyway, the gist of it was that I LOVE THIS RING! The faceting, the pastel flashes, the perfect proportions!! :kiss2: And you know I love a good Victorian setting!! How did the prong tweaks work out for you? (sorry if I missed that update somewhere)

Aw- thank you! You know I believe supreme perfection is your three stone!
Maybe it IS a crunch busy time for jewelers this time of year?
Never did mention specifically, but think the prongs were fixed to the best ability they can be. They aren’t silky smooth and snag proof, but I don’t think that’s a possibility for them. But got the prongs I asked for from the inspiration pic spot on. It’d be nice to compare next to some of DKs rings posted here that look in the pictures to have phenomenal prongs. Still on a learning curve!
Would also love to have the IRL opportunity to compare the ‘feel’ of these prongs to a Crown8 or a Maria, to see what that different price point results in. Someday!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@Rfisher

I'm not sure if its been said in this thread or not but what is the diameter of the diamond and what is your ring size?

It's truly a stunning ring and I doubt CVB or followers of her would have a scoffed at it whatsoever.

A beautiful ring is a beautiful ring is a beautiful ring.

(:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rfisher

I'm not sure if its been said in this thread or not but what is the diameter of the diamond and what is your ring size?

It's truly a stunning ring and I doubt CVB or followers of her would have a scoffed at it whatsoever.

A beautiful ring is a beautiful ring is a beautiful ring.

(:

Thank you! It’s a 6.25.
- however I do have to say that my comments you reference were a direct result of my own insecurities and on the stones. I can nitpick the trio all day long in pale comparison to the stones celebrated on this board and Instagram. The one brown vs two yellow. The MPD girdle. The feathers. Leakage. facets too much in unison. Ad nauseum.
My price point reflects that - and remind myself it was a conscious choice.
386B2191-2586-48F4-9893-5C281196812B.jpeg 12B49BF1-42AF-48EF-9FED-851832A80E11.jpeg

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
1572310225408.png

I mean, really...who would scoff at that?!?! Anyone who would is either blind or jealous;-)
Looking at her makes me smile, @Rfisher...she's got a lot of character. Congrats again on this beauty!!

ETA:Thanks for the gif- LOVE :love: :love:

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I see nothing but blinding beauty and sparkle. Wear her in good health and to hell with your inner critics.

As a newer member I greatly appreciate the candor and experiences shared about vendors. I have no idea when or where I will find some stone or setting IHaveToHave but it is good to have an idea of styles and personal style. I'm way too much of a pleaser too, I get so anxious stating what i think and yet it is my money.

jjdear

Rough_Rock
Thank you! It’s a 6.25.
- however I do have to say that my comments you reference were a direct result of my own insecurities and on the stones. I can nitpick the trio all day long in pale comparison to the stones celebrated on this board and Instagram. The one brown vs two yellow. The MPD girdle. The feathers. Leakage. facets too much in unison. Ad nauseum.
386B2191-2586-48F4-9893-5C281196812B.jpeg 12B49BF1-42AF-48EF-9FED-851832A80E11.jpeg

I absolutely love your ring and this is basically my dream ring, but I 100% understand where you are coming from. I love my own ring but can nitpick at it all day long, even knowing it was a huge luxury for us and everyone around me says they love the ring...

I could happily stare at your ring all day long. It's absolutely beautiful! :)

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Are those the famous petals I keep reading about? Holy cow I can't stop watching this. They are amazing! I get it, I really get it, that is just incredible.

I don't know if there is reflection or that is the warmth, but as a fellow low color club gal, I am drooling over the way the color is picked up.

This is sort of unrelated,, but one of my favorite authors is Anne Perry. She writes Victorian period mysteries. A few of her characters are titled and therefore have loads of jewels. The description of the jewelry and clothing always has me dashing off to reference old paintings and imagining what they look like in my head. I feel like I have pictured this ring in my mind's eye, more than once from her descriptions.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad this was bumped up. Beautiful ring and lovely proportions! I love the setting.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @elizat !

@CSpan - thank you! My stones definitely are warm but my walls are various shades of baby poo brown. :lol: Need to fix that.......
In looking up Anne Perry ( what an interesting life she’s led), she’s very prolific in writing. Care to point me towards one series over another?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a gorgeous three stone. Congratulations!!! It’s stunning.

IDtoTX

Rough_Rock
I think you did a wonderful job with choosing this setting. It's so elegant. Love the crowns and the prongs!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @elizat !

@CSpan - thank you! My stones definitely are warm but my walls are various shades of baby poo brown. :lol: Need to fix that.......
In looking up Anne Perry ( what an interesting life she’s led), she’s very prolific in writing. Care to point me towards one series over another?

Thomas and Charlotte Pitt for sure. But read them in order, I think the first one is Calendar Square.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm so late to the party but just had to say This is GORGEOUS!! The center and the sides, the yellow gold setting, the center:side stone ratio, on your hand! Breathtaking!!! Beautiful piece @Rfisher :kiss2::appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Love everything about it!

Vanilla Bling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful I love it !!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! It’s a 6.25.

Totally off topic Rfisher but what are the specks on YOUR ring! I love it!

Thank you!
Here’s the specs- you’ll probably need to click on the pics to get them clear to be readable

(What’s up with that anyways?!?!? Why are some pictures posted kept clear, but others need to be clicked on to be clear, anyone know?)

kellie gosselin

Rough_Rock
Thank you!
Here’s the specs- you’ll probably need to click on the pics to get them clear to be readable

(What’s up with that anyways?!?!? Why are some pictures posted kept clear, but others need to be clicked on to be clear, anyone know?)

Your ring OMG. I am dying.. NOBODY sees what you see "wrong" with it. It's just perfect and now I know I want a J color like yours, but I love even lower colors too. thanks!

kt-k8

Rough_Rock
@Rfisher I absolutely love your ring. I have been lurking around pricescope for a while, looking for ideas a ring for my 20th anniversary. I would love to reach out to dk for a setting like yours, probably in platinum, maybe with slightly larger prongs (given my lifestyle.) I felt like I should ask first, since you went though all the work designing it. Also, I am wondering, having had the ring a while, what you like most about it and if there is anything about the ring you would change? I really appreciate your opinion - your ring is fabulous.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rfisher I absolutely love your ring. I have been lurking around pricescope for a while, looking for ideas a ring for my 20th anniversary. I would love to reach out to dk for a setting like yours, probably in platinum, maybe with slightly larger prongs (given my lifestyle.) I felt like I should ask first, since you went though all the work designing it. Also, I am wondering, having had the ring a while, what you like most about it and if there is anything about the ring you would change? I really appreciate your opinion - your ring is fabulous.

Oh gosh - thank you for the kind words!

No need to ask permission at all - the design is nothing unique - it is indeed itself a replica.

You hit the nail on the head - healthier prongs! I asked for similar look to the original. I think they possibly managed to be even smaller, and there’s just not much left for eventual wear down over the years.
My favorite aspect is the 6-8-6 prongs, and the carved out cupping look of the gallery.

Happy upcoming 20th anniversary, and hope you share the ring results, if not the whole journey!

kt-k8

Rough_Rock
@Rfisher , thank you for the swift reply. I plan on getting the ball rolling for the ring this week, perhaps with a 1.8 carat center and proportionate sides (not sure if that will be too large), but I got married on the 18th and the 3 stones are for my 3 kids. Thanks again - All the best.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still love this, @Rfisher. Do you still have it? I've always thought it was SO lovely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results