shape
carat
color
clarity

Three stone OEC ring, victorian replica OWD/DK

Discussion in 'Show Me the Bling! (Rings,Earrings,Jewelry)' started by Rfisher, Apr 10, 2019.

1. D&T
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by D&T » Apr 10, 2019
    Same boat!

I love everything about your new ring and so glad everything worked out well aside from the rough prongs, and the proportion of your diamonds is wonderful. It looks fantastic on you! I especially like your transparent reviews of your dealings thank you!

2. crystalinmke
    Shiny_Rock

by crystalinmke » Apr 11, 2019
    ahhh its STUNNING! i absolutely love this ring! wear it in good health and definitely post more pictures when you get it back (:

3. foxinsox
    Ideal_Rock

by foxinsox » Apr 11, 2019
    Oof this last picture is insane:eek2: what a fantastic ring

4. lissyflo
    Brilliant_Rock

by lissyflo » Apr 11, 2019
    Your ring has turned out beautifully! It definitely pays to have courage in your convictions and insist on what you want and are paying for, even it if doesn’t always make for the smoothest route. Thank you for the detailed and informative review of your experience.

5. Alex T
    Ideal_Rock

by Alex T » Apr 11, 2019
    Ooooh yesssss.....
    Delicious & just so well put together :love:

6. elle_71125
    Ideal_Rock

by elle_71125 » Apr 11, 2019
    Well hello gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:
    I love your new three stone. The profile view is perfection and it’s got finger coverage galore!

7. kipari
    Brilliant_Rock

by kipari » Apr 11, 2019
    So lovely, perfect proportions! Enjoy your ring and wear it in good health

8. Austina
    Ideal_Rock

by Austina » Apr 11, 2019
    Beautiful :love:

9. Rfisher
    Brilliant_Rock

by Rfisher » Apr 11, 2019
    Thank you!
    The proportions I'm really enjoying as well - but it was totally luck on my part - no skill!

10. Rfisher
    Brilliant_Rock

Thank you!
    I'm finding each custom project to become more enjoyable as I go. True on the faint of heart comment - but having perspective really helps moderate the ups and downs!

apacherose likes this.
  11. Rfisher
    Brilliant_Rock

Thank you!
    The profile was really important to me, even tho in real life I'm probably going to be the only one to ever notice!
    And yes - DK is great to work with. Not always perfect of course, they are humans too, but it just always seems easy to get it fixed and move on.

12. Rfisher
    Brilliant_Rock

Thank you!
    Pictures are a bear - I'm insanely jealous of the ones on here who really have a knack for it.

13. missy
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by missy » Apr 11, 2019
    Your photos are beautiful. :love:

I’m with you re profile. I love a yummy chunkalicious profile. :kiss2:

goldenfire and staci76 like this.
  14. Rfisher
    Brilliant_Rock

Thank you!
    All these lovely comments the past two days have really meant a ton to me. They really do.

SandyinAnaheim and elle_71125 like this.
  15. Rfisher
    Brilliant_Rock

And really - for those who mentioned me taking the time and posting my thoughts about the transactions of the various vendors- thank you. It took no time at all. I apologize for my rambling type. I wish I could be more clear and concise.
    But it's truly important to me it include it here.
    Others on this site have really helped me out by posting these little bits of info on various vendors over the past, just like this. Lord knows some of my experiences would have had totally different outcomes if it was the case more, for me personally.
    Yes- everyone's experiences will vary. But
    Those little nuggets really help keep everything in perspective, and it truly helps in being able to "roll with it" or knowing your hard boundaries of which you know you can't cross.

goldenfire, foxinsox and alene like this.
  16. Rfisher
    Brilliant_Rock

17. dreamer_dachsie
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by dreamer_dachsie » Apr 11, 2019
    Really lovely photos Rfisher! The patterning on the whole suite is lovely, especially your center stone, which is bright and colorful.

And your setting came out just right! Your persistence paid off. I also echo the others who appreciate your vendor reviews.

I do want to say: Don't be so hard on the quality of your diamonds! My own large diamond is tinted and included (K/L SI2 is a guess, not sure the grades but will send to GIA shortly) and I am going to spring for a fancy mount lol :geek: I would actually love to know more about the grade-making inclusions in your main stone. I love this kind of thing, inclusions make a stone unique. Its also really interesting to think about how the master diamond cutters of old often took care to "hide" inclusions within the faceting. My diamond has two large inclusions: a black carbon mark near the girdle that is hidden by a prong, and a large internal feather that is placed right on a facet meet so its hidden, which is really amazing to me.

Anyway, I'd love to know more about your diamonds!

18. violet3
    Ideal_Rock

by violet3 » Apr 11, 2019
    That is beautiful!

19. ac117
    Ideal_Rock

by ac117 » Apr 11, 2019
    It's gorgeous!!! :love: Love the tiny prongs! Hope they resolve the issue for you quickly so you could get this beauty back on your finger in no time!

20. Rfisher
    Brilliant_Rock

Thank you for the kind words!
    I agree about inclusions making the stone unique. And we are all unique in what we can handle as being 'mind clean' and that's ok. Maybe I've overstepped in saying so much here about it. And placed too much weight on my own choices compared to some others having much less tolerance for them.
    Well- you asked and here you go:
    IMG_4503.jpeg
    Enlarge it and dive right in! There's no hiding these babies in the facets or prongs! I like to call this Adams 'department store dressing room whilst in a string bikini' shot.

And can't wait for your next installment on your thread!

21. dreamer_dachsie
    Super_Ideal_Rock

I like those inclusions. I find I am not bothered by inclusions on the periphery like that, its only when their in the middle that they bother me personally. But mostly, I just see a really well cut diamond! You are lucky to have found it! These old guys are rare and precious. Is the girdle bruted?

And I don't see any "overstepping" in your posts, you were totally clear and fair and stated your own preferences! I was mostly teasing about my own diamonds. I totally get your choice to go the route you did! And I certainly know the trials and tribulations of "mind clean" issues. I have been plagued by it greatly in the past. Now-a-days, I like a dirty mind :evil2:

I will have some updates soon! Things are moving slowly but surely and I should be shipping my diamonds off next week!

22. leukolenos
    Brilliant_Rock

by leukolenos » Apr 11, 2019
    Really lovely @Rfisher ! I adore the setting and hope they can adjust the prongs for you quickly to have this beauty back on your finger ASAP! I just love the antique flair, I wish my own OEC three stone had a more true-to-period setting. Congrats and enjoy! It’s beautiful!

23. Rfisher
    Brilliant_Rock

Thank you both! Yes should be back to me in no time at all.

ac117 likes this.
  24. Rfisher
    Brilliant_Rock

Thank you!
    Your avitar is beautiful - and I went and creepy stalked your setting. It's stunning especially with the band it's paired with!

leukolenos likes this.
  25. Rfisher
    Brilliant_Rock

Exciting!

Mine is bruted, but it looks like someone along the line polished it in places - most likely 'cleaning it up' or attempting to. That's one thing I didn't ask about with Adam.

We won't discuss the huge feather going across the crown and table on mine anymore. Hahahahahahaha!

26. diamondseeker2006
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by diamondseeker2006 » Apr 11, 2019
    Your new ring is beautiful! :love: I love the proportions! I think that is the perfect size, too. That center stone is a lovely cut!

27. sarahb
    Brilliant_Rock

by sarahb » Apr 11, 2019
    Love your profile too, the setting is perfect, the diamonds are beautiful, well done!!!!:appl:

28. hmr_mama
    Shiny_Rock

by hmr_mama » Apr 11, 2019
    Your ring is SO pretty! And I have to say, I really enjoyed reading your review.

29. dreamer_dachsie
    Super_Ideal_Rock

I require creepy stalking tips bc I couldn’t find pictures?? :saint:

Rfisher, foxinsox and leukolenos like this.
  30. dreamer_dachsie
    Super_Ideal_Rock

OMG I didn’t even notice it! Lol... see? Well hidden.