carat
color
clarity

Three stone OEC ring, victorian replica OWD/DK

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you!
Your avitar is beautiful - and I went and creepy stalked your setting. It's stunning especially with the band it's paired with!
Thank you so much! The band has a new home now. Now I need to upgrade my setting to something fabulous like yours!

I require creepy stalking tips bc I couldn’t find pictures?? :saint:
It’s not an exciting or revolutionary setting, I promise @dreamer_dachsie ! It’s a nice but basic three stone.
At the risk of a threadjack....
3E5A9E7F-2EA5-4C12-AE6E-BCC6C0A07211.jpeg
Please ignore dirty diamonds, random thread stuck on and the fact that it’s squeezed on my hand (third trimester has not been kind to my jewelry wearing habits!). =)2

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous congrats!!!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is such a gorgeous ring!!! I love the 3 stone look that you put together and the yellow gold. I am always waffling back and forth about one day turning my rhr (my avatar) into a 3 stone ring...this ring of yours is just gorgeous! Congrats

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And really - for those who mentioned me taking the time and posting my thoughts about the transactions of the various vendors- thank you. It took no time at all. I apologize for my rambling type. I wish I could be more clear and concise.
But it's truly important to me it include it here.
Others on this site have really helped me out by posting these little bits of info on various vendors over the past, just like this. Lord knows some of my experiences would have had totally different outcomes if it was the case more, for me personally.
Yes- everyone's experiences will vary. But
Those little nuggets really help keep everything in perspective, and it truly helps in being able to "roll with it" or knowing your hard boundaries of which you know you can't cross.
This was very helpful, thank you for posting about the vendor and your experience :)

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Center 1.60 J SI2
.44 J VS2 /. .43 K VS1
All EGL so we know what that means.
All lower (except weight) than what I set out for initially, but got over it quickly.

The stones are really gorgeous!!!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous congrats!!!

This is such a gorgeous ring!!! I love the 3 stone look that you put together and the yellow gold. I am always waffling back and forth about one day turning my rhr (my avatar) into a 3 stone ring...this ring of yours is just gorgeous! Congrats

Thank you both!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_1136.jpg IMG_1137.jpg
I was able to get head on shots of the sides before I shopped it back off to DK yesterday.
He indicated that the final polisher may have been to aggressive and that's what lifted some of the prongs. I also asked him to really look at the seats. Some look like they weren't deburred up after cutting and some look like they are deep and left with precariously little metal left. I guess that's the downside to tiny prongs tho? But I'm not the expert- we'll see what he says!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! :love: That center stone is just perfect too!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful. Absolutely and utterly beautiful.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Those new pis are AMAZING!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_1136.jpg IMG_1137.jpg
I was able to get head on shots of the sides before I shopped it back off to DK yesterday.
He indicated that the final polisher may have been to aggressive and that's what lifted some of the prongs. I also asked him to really look at the seats. Some look like they weren't deburred up after cutting and some look like they are deep and left with precariously little metal left. I guess that's the downside to tiny prongs tho? But I'm not the expert- we'll see what he says!

Chunkalicious delight.:kiss2:

dreamygif.gif

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! :love: That center stone is just perfect too!

Thank you! I questioned it and questioned it quite a bit. Put it away and when took it back out later, my returned attraction overruled all doubt. Your CVB OEC cluster that you sold will always be the one that got away, for me.

Beautiful. Absolutely and utterly beautiful.

Thank you! You know I'm in awe of all your jewels and how you put them together. Saw you post something earlier and hope you are feeling well.

Those new pis are AMAZING!!
Thank you - many deleted ones, but these are good representations to boot!
You mentioned earlier about mulling over a three stone - do it! Your soli is beautiful! Don't think I've seen a three stone incorporate the prongs/basket of yours somehow, but it could be done fantastically I think!

CheeSauce

Shiny_Rock
@Rfisher I was about to post these photos in my thread about looking for an OEC in my response about what sort of three stone ring I was looking for! Did not realize that the ring I was drooling over was yours all along!! Good thing I did not reply to your comment with a link to your own ring or I would have looked coo coo! Wear this beautiful ring in good health :)

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
Perfect proportions! So beautiful on your hand:appl:

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
An absolutely gorgeous ring. I love the proportions of the three stones. And the profile view, wow :lickout:
Thank you for your review of your experiences @Rfisher It was most helpful.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful!!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rfisher I was about to post these photos in my thread about looking for an OEC in my response about what sort of three stone ring I was looking for! Did not realize that the ring I was drooling over was yours all along!! Good thing I did not reply to your comment with a link to your own ring or I would have looked coo coo! Wear this beautiful ring in good health :)

Aww- thank you!
It’s ok to be coo coo sometimes. We all need a little bit of silly sometimes.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
This is STUNNING!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rfisher -

If I've asked you this before, I apologize - but can you pls tell me your finger size? This ring is one of my all time PS favorites.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your ring!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!!! Well done!!!

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I got liucky with the proportions, to be real.
Yep. The original inspiration ring I shared with Adam was what I really wanted, but we decided to riff off of his crown design all in 18k. Initially Adam said they would tweak it to my liking - but it very soon became evident they were unwilling to at all. Unwilling to tuck the sidestones in any was the deal breaker for me.
But really I'm a pushover. I wouldn't have said anything. I was being told it would look just like my inspiration pic. That the CADs weren't exact, just representative. Then I would be told it'd look just like the cad, that it would be set only one way. I was willing to just trust Adam. I approved.
Then I asked to confirm the previously agreed upon thickness of the shank and the cost of the ring. Well- the $1500-1800 range price I was given, was raised to $1700-2000. And the shank measurement had decreased.
I figured at the best of it, this was a huge communication issue. At the worst of it I was a PITA and I was going to pay the PITA tax!
I wasn't completely comfortable with the range of price for the quote in order to proceed in the beginning of all this, but rolled with it. With now the possibility of it being $2k I felt that I may as well get the exact ring I wanted initially - and heck - that was within a very small amount to the range of a CVB's Maria cost, that's essentially a repro of the same ring as my inspo.
Which leads me to - mine is a lower end quality center. They aren't perfectly matched in color, nor crown/table. I didn't feel comfortable spending that on them. I don't see these type included stones being set by her. And to be frank - I figured id be mocked. Unfounded? Maybe. Maybe not.
If I spent on a truly glorious high report stone trio - I would have done it with her.
For sure.
DK quote came in at half of that.
And yes - will be a easy quick fix!

Thanks for sharing your new beauty and the journey you took to bring her home! She is positively stunning.

I have to say, that I am surprised and how often a PS vendor doesn’t get back to me. Like ever, at all. I contacted OWD via IG and via email and never heard back. There were a few others like that too. I’m usually asking about inventory or if they have a particular stone; I’m not asking for anything crazy and I’m always polite. I wonder what’s up with that?

Anyways, wear her in good health!

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
@Rfisher, your ring IS stunning!! Simply stunning :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: !!

Three stone rings are really killing it this year!!! Thanks for sharing her with us but I'd really like to see more videos:D.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing your new beauty and the journey you took to bring her home! She is positively stunning.

I have to say, that I am surprised and how often a PS vendor doesn’t get back to me. Like ever, at all. I contacted OWD via IG and via email and never heard back. There were a few others like that too. I’m usually asking about inventory or if they have a particular stone; I’m not asking for anything crazy and I’m always polite. I wonder what’s up with that?

Anyways, wear her in good health!

You're not alone! This happens to me frequently with PS vendors...including those with whom I've worked before. It happens regardless of whether I'm planning to spend a lot or a little. Maybe they just get super-busy? It reminds me of when I try to hire contractors to work on home projects -- it's crickets a lot of the time!

Last edited:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Weird! I swear I just posted a response to this thread to @Rfisher but it disappeared! Guess I'm not very good at using the upgraded site?

Anyway, the gist of it was that I LOVE THIS RING! The faceting, the pastel flashes, the perfect proportions!! :kiss2: And you know I love a good Victorian setting!! How did the prong tweaks work out for you? (sorry if I missed that update somewhere)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results