shape
carat
color
clarity

Three New Goodies - I think I have OCD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I admit that I have gone out of control and bought WAY to many gem stones that I am allowed under the current financial situation. I blamed my addiction totally to PS, and YOU all.

That's it. Here we go.

First, 2.69ct Mali garnet from Gene. Sorry I just can't picture it right, you know how moody Malis are! And I honestly don't know where it picks up the green/blue flashes, there is nothing around in those color.

Loose Gem Seller Pictures5.jpg

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
The moody Mali decided to sublet Malaya''s new home...

Loose Gem Home Pictures24.jpg

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Last one for the Mali. I like the flashes in this color.

Garnet_Mali-13.JPG

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
That is beautiful! Now, what about #2 and #3 . . . ?
31.gif

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I got distracted. Here is #2 - remember this pink-red tourmaline from Barry's (ACS) March drop?

Loose Gem Seller Pictures6.jpg

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
My little girl eagerly offered to model. Note this was an overcast day with no flashlights.

Tourmaline_Pink Red-2.JPG

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
With flash. Again, it is another proof of how accurate Barry's picture/description is.

Tourmaline_Pink Red-3.JPG

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Lastly, a 8mm Siberian Amethyst from Barry. No vendor picture since it was never listed - I just took Barry's words for it. My camera always add more blue hue so this amethyst actually has more purple/pink and less blue than the picture is showing.

WARNING - I have another recent purchase but that baby deserves its own topic. So that's all for now.

Loose Gem Home Pictures25.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yingh,
You need to do another group photo!!
31.gif

Is the Mali green or yellow IRL? It's very pretty. Love your new Barry tourmaline as well. Did you get your minty tourmaline from Gary yet, or is that the one that deserves it's own topic?

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
I love them all!!! Great stones . . . you are going to have so much fun playing with setting ideas for these beauties!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
I have been thinking about the groups shot. Wait until the weather gets better and all purchases arrive
9.gif
I love the outdoor/flower pictures you guys take. But taking a group shot outdoor?! - you don''t want to read another story of lost and find, do you??? Anyway, some day I will get to the group shots, by type then by color. Oh that will be fun!

Thanks for your remarks on the Mali - it is a golden yellow color with strong green hue. I already have a setting picked (waiting for budget) now all I need is money.

You have such good memory! Yes I have the green tourm from Gary and that will be the special topic.
21.gif

Date: 3/13/2009 11:26:38 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Yingh,

You need to do another group photo!!
31.gif

Is the Mali green or yellow IRL? It''s very pretty. Love your new Barry tourmaline as well. Did you get your minty tourmaline from Gary yet, or is that the one that deserves it''s own topic?

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 11:29:53 PM
Author: babysteps
I love them all!!! Great stones . . . you are going to have so much fun playing with setting ideas for these beauties!
The setting for the pink tourm will be the lotus ring and will go in production soon. Someone help me to find a bench man please.
31.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2009 11:32:45 PM
Author: yingh

You have such good memory! Yes I have the green tourm from Gary and that will be the special topic.
21.gif
Get started on those camera shots!!! I can''t wait!!
36.gif
9.gif
3.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I love all the new additions!! And I want to see a goup shot also!!
36.gif
36.gif

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
That baby is stunning! However, the color is different that what I have expected. So I need to think it through. Before I decide whether to keep it or not, I don''t think it will be fair for Gary if I post pictures? What do you think?

Date: 3/13/2009 11:35:47 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Date: 3/13/2009 11:32:45 PM

21.gif

Get started on those camera shots!!! I can''t wait!!
36.gif
9.gif
3.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2009 11:53:42 PM
That baby is stunning! However, the color is different that what I have expected. So I need to think it through. Before I decide whether to keep it or not, I don't think it will be fair for Gary if I post pictures? What do you think?
You should post pictures because even if the color is not what you expected, even if you decide to return it, it might help Gary get it sold. Someone else might want that color. Don't worry, it's not me since I'm saving for a mint garnet. I have to stop shopping so much as well.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, if you say so. Hang there tight - I am working on the pictures right now.
4.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yay!!
36.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous! I love the tourmaline!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
They''re all lovely!!!
Love the Mali!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!! I''m so jealous of all of your new finds...Do you have a picture of all of your gems together?

(And I''ll model too!!!)

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Yingh what setting is this if you don''t mind?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Glad you''re the one doing all the buying instead of me
31.gif
I love them all too much! Beautiful yingh.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The mali looks darker in your picture. Is it really like that?
Barry''s stones look true to representation.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Lovely stones! Your kiddo makes a great hand model--love that scale!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love them all. The mali is gorgeous.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
babysteps, TL, mochi, BEG, princessplease, FrekeChild, icekid, Chrono, coati, Linda, thank you all for your kind words!

katebar, this is a LOGR ring. here is the link, I bought it for a Mali garnet here is my related thread

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
The Mali is a light yellow in person, on the contrary. I really love it, and the most amazing thing about it is that the green hue gave it lots of green dispersion in some lighting. Gene cut it with a high crown, make it very unique.

Date: 3/14/2009 12:03:13 PM
Author: Chrono
The mali looks darker in your picture. Is it really like that?

Barry''s stones look true to representation.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t correct the title of this topic, but it should have said - Four new goodies. Here is a pair of Mali garnet from Barry. They are more golden than the Mali from Gene, but very very dispersive!

UnEdited9.jpg

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Wrong attachment! Here we go.

UnEdited11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results