shape
carat
color
clarity

Threading....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
I have annoying hair on my upper lip that is blonde at the tips and dark at the roots. I bought this product called Tweezee (http://www.buytweeze.com).

It pulls the hair from the root...yes, it is painful, but very quick! Now that I have used it once a week for about 7 months, it doesn''t hurt as bad! I used to have a reaction to waxing, but this doesn''t make my lip red at all. They don''t recommend it for use on eyebrows, but I sometimes use it for my (ahem) unibrow area. Just wanted to throw the idea out there!
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
they make these little groomer thingies that remove hair, pretty painlessly. they run on a AA battery. You can google personal groomer and see what comes up. I have tiny blonde baby hairs near my hairline that bug me and I use it on that. It works well and is not irritating to the skin at all. You can take it traveling too as it is small.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah. I''ve already got one of those automatic pluckers. Works very well as long as I''m careful not to take off too much skin (have given myself bad burns with mine), but I have to use it in full daylight with a magnifying mirror. And it doesn''t work on anything other than upper lip and chin for me. Diminishing returns, I break out like crazy. I used to try to de-uni brow with it, but my eyebrows were getting too far apart, so stopped. I''m actually growing my eyebrows in a bit. They''ve gotten too thin so I asked the threading lady to leave the underbrow alone a bit (just clean not shape too much). I have to grow in the tips and the tail and let them get a little (just one line of hair) thicker.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Upclose and personal.
My brows so you can see what I mean. The underside isn't perfectly done... on purpose so I can grown them in. The need to fill in on both ends too. They are very short right now. You can see some of the scabs and bumps from the threading.

Gypsy eyebrows.jpg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I used to be VERY scared of threading. My aunts used to do it, and honestly, the SUCK at it. If you go to someone who knows what they''re doing it hurts a LOT less. I never got my whole face threaded, but maybe I''ll try it for e-pics (when I finally convince FI that we should get them).

BTW, your eyebrows look awesome.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2008 1:57:18 AM
Author: Gypsy
Upclose and personal.
My brows so you can see what I mean. The underside isn''t perfectly done... on purpose so I can grown them in. The need to fill in on both ends too. They are very short right now. You can see some of the scabs and bumps from the threading.
Wow! This is the most I''ve ever seen of Gypsy, and your eyebrows are lovely!! Do you want your right brow to have the straight hairs at the widest part of the brow? Don''t hit me
38.gif
If you''re trying for symmetry, maybe both brows should be the same???
35.gif

Oh, I forgot, I did see Gypsy''s finger from the photoshoot at Joe Escobar where she and Mara were trying on super eye-candy. I remember Gypsy modelling "the Contender". Just looking at that baby on your finger, I had to have it. Fake stone and all!!
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2008 11:27:17 AM
Author: isaku5

Date: 4/28/2008 1:57:18 AM
Author: Gypsy
Upclose and personal.
My brows so you can see what I mean. The underside isn't perfectly done... on purpose so I can grown them in. The need to fill in on both ends too. They are very short right now. You can see some of the scabs and bumps from the threading.
Wow! This is the most I've ever seen of Gypsy, and your eyebrows are lovely!! Do you want your right brow to have the straight hairs at the widest part of the brow? Don't hit me
38.gif
If you're trying for symmetry, maybe both brows should be the same???
35.gif

Oh, I forgot, I did see Gypsy's finger from the photoshoot at Joe Escobar where she and Mara were trying on super eye-candy. I remember Gypsy modelling 'the Contender'. Just looking at that baby on your finger, I had to have it. Fake stone and all!!
9.gif
I don't want them too. But they are hard to train. Stubborn hairs. I do use a brow gel which gets them better matched in terms of the hairs lying the same way when I go out Out. My eyebrows aren't very matched though-- one matches my mom's, one my dad (I kid you not!). This is the closest they get usually. I'll work on it some more.

And yes, it is the most... although I did post pics of me in dresses. So... in terms of MASS those are the most revealing. LOL.

I won't hit you silly. I appreciate the feedback.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Layla in wedding dresses? How could I have missed seeing those pictures? Linky, please.
35.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I missed that thread entirely. OMG, what a gorgeous curvalicious figure you have!!!
36.gif

You are blessed with "girls" that actually stay in place without a bra!
36.gif

Hally looks as if she approves too. The dress, necklace and shoes worked together beautifully.

I hope you and John had a blast at the wedding.
35.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL. Girls that stay in place without a bra is a lovely thought. But the dress had sewn in support to help out-- and it really deserves the credit.

Thank you for the compliments.*blushing* I''ve got more curves than I know what to do with right now. That dress was a very flattering one. I only hope my wedding gown (which is a completely different style) is as flattering when it gets here. I am glad I''m not going strapless though my underarm bulges (and my arms) bother me a lot. I actually wore different jewelry to the wedding. I thought I liked the jewelry more, but looking back at the pics, the original necklace was nicer, though I like the earrings I did wear better. Still the set I bought was significantly less, and allowed me to save more money for the wedding. And at this point, financially, its ALL about the wedding.

John and I made a schedule for savings for the next few months so that we could make sure we would have all the cash we will need. And I was relieved to find that we will make it. Looks the wedding really is a Go. About time. lol

How are you Isabel?

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi Gypsy!

As a fellow Persian gal, I totally understand all your hair removal nightmares! I grew up with my aunt threading my eyebrows and my mom threading my upper lip. My mom has tried to teach me several times how to thread myself (she ties the thread to the faucet and can do it to herself, although lucky for her, she has like no hair. Thanks for those genes dad!). Anyways, I just couldnt get the hang of it.

In terms of any hair removal - it usually just takes some getting used to although obviously some people are more or less sensitive to it (like your dad''s side of fam). I have my eyebrows ,upper lip, and arms waxed now and have been for years and I still get SUPER red and get these gnarly histamine wheals that last a while. I have never heard all of that about waxing being bad for your skin but i will look into it. (Im actually starting my derm residency in July so I should probably know all these things!)

My advice: do NOT Nair. It is basically exactly the same as shaving so if you are worried about the shaving myth then it will be the same. Plus the hair will grow back all stubbly right away because you are essentially cutting it, not pulling it out from the root like waxing, tweexing, or threading.

I also have some annoying facial hair and have been wondering what to do about it before wedding...I might get some laser treatments before the wedding. Lasering is absolutely the best option of everything. If you can find a good deal and save up a little dough, I think it would be the best thing for the face. As long as the hairs are dark obviously. Your skin is a tad more olive-y than mine (gorgeous eyebrows by the way!) but the new lasers are okay for darker skin now. Plus, they will start with lower settings when you have darker skin. I get my chin, underarms, and bikini area lasers and it is the best thing in the universe. Can''t wait to do my legs, arms etc! (But I am too poor now!)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2008 8:10:18 PM
Author: sunnygirl
Hi Gypsy!

As a fellow Persian gal, I totally understand all your hair removal nightmares! I grew up with my aunt threading my eyebrows and my mom threading my upper lip. My mom has tried to teach me several times how to thread myself (she ties the thread to the faucet and can do it to herself, although lucky for her, she has like no hair. Thanks for those genes dad!). Anyways, I just couldnt get the hang of it.

In terms of any hair removal - it usually just takes some getting used to although obviously some people are more or less sensitive to it (like your dad''s side of fam). I have my eyebrows ,upper lip, and arms waxed now and have been for years and I still get SUPER red and get these gnarly histamine wheals that last a while. I have never heard all of that about waxing being bad for your skin but i will look into it. (Im actually starting my derm residency in July so I should probably know all these things!)

My advice: do NOT Nair. It is basically exactly the same as shaving so if you are worried about the shaving myth then it will be the same. Plus the hair will grow back all stubbly right away because you are essentially cutting it, not pulling it out from the root like waxing, tweexing, or threading.

I also have some annoying facial hair and have been wondering what to do about it before wedding...I might get some laser treatments before the wedding. Lasering is absolutely the best option of everything. If you can find a good deal and save up a little dough, I think it would be the best thing for the face. As long as the hairs are dark obviously. Your skin is a tad more olive-y than mine (gorgeous eyebrows by the way!) but the new lasers are okay for darker skin now. Plus, they will start with lower settings when you have darker skin. I get my chin, underarms, and bikini area lasers and it is the best thing in the universe. Can''t wait to do my legs, arms etc! (But I am too poor now!)

Hmm. Okay no Nair. Laser is on my list for after the wedding. Thank you for the really infomrmative post Sunny!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results