shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts/Opinion/Advice?

Smayorga

Rough_Rock
Hello! As many here - I've been lurking on this site for quite some time. I'm planning on propping the question very soon. I have a budget around $9k and I'm looking for a 1.5ct< round diamond. Through a lot of research and speaking to consultants and wholesalers - Color H or I and Clarity SI1 or SI2 (must be eye clean). I'm trying to replicate the Tiffany Solitaire.

This is some I found

1.63 ct, I-SI2, $8387 - GIA # 2297651671
1.64 ct I-SI2, $8800 - GIA # 1283829466 (this actually was found by a local diamond consultant based out of San Diego)
1.61 ct H-SI2, $9300 - GIA # 5192321313 (this actually was found by a local diamond consultant based out of San Diego)
1.60 ct I-SI2, $6500 - GIA # 5171089359

Thoughts? I recently found about the HCA and to best tell how a diamond would "perform" and ideally would want a great performing diamond.

I appreciate anyone's input in this stressful decision :)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello! As many here - I've been lurking on this site for quite some time. I'm planning on propping the question very soon. I have a budget around $9k and I'm looking for a 1.5ct< round diamond. Through a lot of research and speaking to consultants and wholesalers - Color H or I and Clarity SI1 or SI2 (must be eye clean). I'm trying to replicate the Tiffany Solitaire.
Rule #1...never buy from a so call "wholesaler" if they claim to be an wholesalers he/she is BSing you. :rolleyes:

IMO, if I were looking for a 1.5ct size stone I would be looking at VS clarity or contact vendors like WF, HPD or BGD and ask them to look for an "eye clean" in-house stone.

Smayorga

Rough_Rock
Specifically I’ve been working with Carl Romaner from Best diamondsearch.com

So ditch his service? Contacting these vendors that you listed - how do I find the diamonds Carl is searching for me? These so called brilliant cut diamonds with a lot of “sparkle” and “fire”

Thank you!!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Specifically I’ve been working with Carl Romaner from Best diamondsearch.com

So ditch his service? Contacting these vendors that you listed - how do I find the diamonds Carl is searching for me? These so called brilliant cut diamonds with a lot of “sparkle” and “fire”

Thank you!!!

I would avoid working with any "wholesaler" as DF said. More than likely these people won't find you the best stones and will end up over charging. We can help you find something excellent within budget. Most of the best deals are found online (or in person at specific retailers depending on where you live).

If you contact the people @Dancing Fire recommended (white flash, brian gavin, high performance diamonds), they can help you find the best of what they have in house for your budget. Alternatively, we can help you find something with ideal angles/stats/etc. You'll save a bit of $$ with the latter (e.g. having us help you find something), but you'll take all the hard work out if you contact the 'premium' vendors DF mentioned. It's a matter of whether you want to work harder and save a bit vs. press the "easy button" as @sledge often says, and pay a bit more.

BTW: I wouldn't buy an SI2 stone of that size without seeing it in person and confirming performance/eye-clean-ness, etc. I wouldn't ever buy an SI2 "blind".

Smayorga

Rough_Rock
Okay I'm definitely going to stay on here and avoid working with him. That way I can put my budget towards getting a larger stone.

OH that's what those abbreviations meant - who specifically can help me track the largest - best cut diamond within my budget?

Thanks bud!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay I'm definitely going to stay on here and avoid working with him. That way I can put my budget towards getting a larger stone.

OH that's what those abbreviations meant - who specifically can help me track the largest - best cut diamond within my budget?

Thanks bud!

Yup, the abbreviations DF was using refer to specific vendors that consumers here trust and work with a lot (whiteflash = WF, high performance diamonds = HPD, and BGD = brian gavin diamonds).

But if you want to save a bit (but spend a bit more time/effort), you can let us--consumers with lots of experience--find you something great.

But it's less user friendly/simple than calling one of the above vendors and just asking for the best eye clean stone (highest performance, etc) in your budget.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is some I found

1.63 ct, I-SI2, $8387 - GIA # 2297651671

This clarity would not work for me. Also, while you are staying within the confines of ideal proportions, I'd like to see a higher pavilion with the low 34 crown. So something like a 34 crown & 40.9 pavilion instead of a 34/40.6 combo.

2297651671.png

1.64 ct I-SI2, $8800 - GIA # 1283829466 (this actually was found by a local diamond consultant based out of San Diego)

You're pushing the upper limits of a steep crown on this @ 35.5. You want to pair this high crown with a lower pavilion of 40.6. Also borderline depth @ 62.4%. It's a no for me.

1283829466.png

1.61 ct H-SI2, $9300 - GIA # 5192321313 (this actually was found by a local diamond consultant based out of San Diego)

This stone is closer to what we call a 60/60 stone meaning the table and depth both equal (or almost) 60%. Here you can see the table is actually 59% and the depth is 60.1%. While the 33 crown and 41 pavilion falls outside the ideal preferences of a traditional cut diamond, this actually produces a stone in ideal territory for a 60/60 stone.

This stone has great proportions actually. However, before you hit the buy button, you need to understand a 60/60 stone will behave differently than a traditional cut stone in that it will throw more white light than rainbow light (fire).

Most here DO NOT buy a 60/60 stone unless they know they specifically like this style and are seeking it.

5192321313.png
Capture.PNG

1.60 ct I-SI2, $6500 - GIA # 5171089359

Thoughts? I recently found about the HCA and to best tell how a diamond would "perform" and ideally would want a great performing diamond.

I appreciate anyone's input in this stressful decision :)

This is a pass for me as well. Don't like the 59 table nor the 35 crown paired with a 40.8 pavilion. You want to pair a 40.6 pavilion with a steeper crown. And the table you want to stay within the 54-57% area (unless targeting a 60/60 stone).

But really the deal breaker here is the clarity. Look at the inclusion table. A very firm no for me personally.

5171089359.png

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is your diamond budget we have to work with?

There is about zero chance in hell I'd buy an SI2 via internet only, unless it was vetted by someone that I trusted. Problem is most the internet retailers (FourMine, Adiamor, etc) are virtual dealers meaning they all shop the same virtual (internet) inventory of diamonds. They don't own the diamonds or have their own people looking at the stones. They are trusting their overseas suppliers to make a determination and many times getting that data isn't possible, or very limited.

Whereas some of the local super ideal vendors like WF, BGD or HPD will have in-stock stones which are fully vetted, ideal proportions, true H&A, etc. Guaranteed performers. The downside is cost. You will pay a little more.

We can find you a GIA XXX with ideal proportions but we need that budget, and also IMO you need to up your clarity to a minimum SI1, maybe VS2 with the stone size.

Just my 2 cents.

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
This is a pass for me as well. Don't like the 59 table nor the 35 crown paired with a 40.8 pavilion. You want to pair a 40.6 pavilion with a steeper crown. And the table you want to stay within the 54-57% area (unless targeting a 60/60 stone).

But really the deal breaker here is the clarity. Look at the inclusion table. A very firm no for me personally.

5171089359.png

@sledge , I think 35/40.8 can actually work beautifully in the right circumstances. I had two ACA earrings with these proportions. I think the concern here could be GIA (where angles are rounded) vs AGS with a sarin report where you know for sure you're in the ideal target range.

ETA: I totally agree with the rest about not buying an SI-2 sight unseen. The one with the twinning wisps looked a little promising until I read the additional comments. If you could at least get images, they would give a better idea if they'd be worthwhile to pursue.

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
1.5 carats at less than $9k is going to be difficult. This is one of those situations where I would give ID Jewelry a call and ask them what is the largest "PriceScope quality" I+ color (or H+ color. I would go see some diamonds in person to determine your color preferences. I colors can look yellow to some people) eye clean stone they can find in your budget. They're an excellent vendor based in NYC that has been able to work miracles in the past with other PS'ers budgets.

https://idjewelry.com/

Here's a few options that may work. But before I go on, one thing about clarity. At 1.5+ carats, I think you're going to have a REALLY hard time finding a COMPLETELY eye-clean SI2. Not that they couldn't be out there, but at that size you're probably going to be able to see inclusions if you look closely at certain angles. A lot of people are OK with that, but if the stone being completely eye-clean is one of your top priorities, you'll probably need to stick to SI1+.

https://www.yadavjewelry.com/diamonds/3609614
https://www.yadavjewelry.com/diamonds/3706081
https://www.fourmine.com/shop/diamond/180624-271

Last edited:

Smayorga

Rough_Rock
What is your diamond budget we have to work with?

There is about zero chance in hell I'd buy an SI2 via internet only, unless it was vetted by someone that I trusted. Problem is most the internet retailers (FourMine, Adiamor, etc) are virtual dealers meaning they all shop the same virtual (internet) inventory of diamonds. They don't own the diamonds or have their own people looking at the stones. They are trusting their overseas suppliers to make a determination and many times getting that data isn't possible, or very limited.

Whereas some of the local super ideal vendors like WF, BGD or HPD will have in-stock stones which are fully vetted, ideal proportions, true H&A, etc. Guaranteed performers. The downside is cost. You will pay a little more.

We can find you a GIA XXX with ideal proportions but we need that budget, and also IMO you need to up your clarity to a minimum SI1, maybe VS2 with the stone size.

Just my 2 cents.

Sledge, I’m still grasping my head over all the previous messages - you have no idea how much I appreciate everyone’s input- you guys are AWESOME!

I agree - these “consultants” urged me to look at I and SI2 to keep within my budget. But I’d like H and SI1 and honestly anything eye clean with ideal/excellent cuts. My budget is up to $9k for the stone...I do want to be within 1.5 - 1.75.

I’m assuming you guys would find just a great value stone that performs great - where should I go for getting a setting? I found this style that I love:

(I finally figured out how to quote lol)

Thank YOU!:twirl:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sledge , I think 35/40.8 can actually work beautifully in the right circumstances. I had two ACA earrings with these proportions. I think the concern here could be GIA (where angles are rounded) vs AGS with a sarin report where you know for sure you're in the ideal target range.

ETA: I totally agree with the rest about not buying an SI-2 sight unseen. The one with the twinning wisps looked a little promising until I read the additional comments. If you could at least get images, they would give a better idea if they'd be worthwhile to pursue.

Yeah, if we were talking super ideal I'd be more comfortable with a 35/40.8 combo. GIA rounding & averaging is goofy at best.

Since he was looking at GIA and doesn't really have a budget to support super ideal I figured it was a waste of breath to be honest.

Smayorga

Rough_Rock
1.5 carats at less than $9k is going to be difficult. This is one of those situations where I would give ID Jewelry a call and ask them what is the largest "PriceScope quality" I+ color (or H+ color. I would go see some diamonds in person to determine your color preferences. I colors can look yellow to some people) eye clean stone they can find in your budget. They're an excellent vendor based in NYC that has been able to work miracles in the past with other PS'ers budgets.

https://idjewelry.com/

Here's a few options that may work. But before I go on, one thing about clarity. At 1.5+ carats, I think you're going to have a REALLY hard time finding a COMPLETELY eye-clean SI2. Not that they couldn't be out there, but at that size you're probably going to be able to see inclusions if you look closely at certain angles. A lot of people are OK with that, but if the stone being completely eye-clean is one of you're top priorities, you'll probably need to stick to SI1+.

https://www.yadavjewelry.com/diamonds/3609614
https://www.yadavjewelry.com/diamonds/3706081

Thank you for your input! That’s honestly what I’m worried about too. I asked about going a larger diamond and being concerned about the clarity. I definitely don’t want any black inclusions. I will up my searches to a SI1.

I actually really like this one and am willing to extend my budget for this -

Does this meet PScope and HCA standards of being a great performing diamond?

Also, how does this website offer this low of a price compared to even Blue Nile for example? Would you recommend getting the setting and everything done through the same merchant?

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, if we were talking super ideal I'd be more comfortable with a 35/40.8 combo. GIA rounding & averaging is goofy at best.

Since he was looking at GIA and doesn't really have a budget to support super ideal I figured it was a waste of breath to be honest.

Fair enough, I just thought I'd throw that out there in case he does look at some AGS ones, too.:)

So many edits, sorry. Tired tonight...

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a gorgeous stone with great proportions and superb clarity.

GIA XXX 1.53ct I VVS2, $9,497 wire
https://www.fourmine.com/shop/diamond/95702637

Table freakin' rocks at 54 (smaller table = more fire). Crown/pavilion combo of 34.5/40.8 is a-freakin'-mazing! Plus the VVS2 clarity.

Can we say winner winner, chicken dinner? :love: :love: :love:

Seriously, put this stone on hold while you decide or someone will poach it.

Edited to Add:
Oh yeah </end Koolaid man voice>, this baby has a 1.4 HCA to boot. I knew it would rock with the proportions. Have you bought it yet?

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a gorgeous stone with great proportions and superb clarity.

GIA XXX 1.53ct I VVS2, $9,497 wire
https://www.fourmine.com/shop/diamond/95702637

Table freakin' rocks at 54 (smaller table = more fire). Crown/pavilion combo of 34.5/40.8 is a-freakin'-mazing! Plus the VVS2 clarity.

Can we say winner winner, chicken dinner? :love: :love: :love:

Seriously, put this stone on hold while you decide or someone will poach it.

Edited to Add:
Oh yeah </end Koolaid man voice>, this baby has a 1.4 HCA to boot. I knew it would rock with the proportions. Have you bought it yet?

Capture.PNG

That does look like a nice one. I'd want a new report for it, though. A lot can happen in three years.:loopy:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your input! That’s honestly what I’m worried about too. I asked about going a larger diamond and being concerned about the clarity. I definitely don’t want any black inclusions. I will up my searches to a SI1.

Also, how does this website offer this low of a price compared to even Blue Nile for example? Would you recommend getting the setting and everything done through the same merchant?

I can't access the gia report for this one. Can you post it, or link it? I would need to see angles and other info to say how good it is. But the one sledge posted is likely to be a great performer. I would put it on hold and ask for more info/videos, etc.

Nevermind. Found it via gia report check. Yes, the 1.79 one looks good in terms of angles/HCA, etc.

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Well, it looks good from the picture and video, but you would need to request an IdealScope image to confirm the light performance (pictures and videos, while allowing you to sort bad diamonds, don't tell everything). The one posted by @sledge also looks like it could be a good option, although it doesn't have pictures or videos. If interested, you could also ask FourMine if they could get you a video and an IdealScope image for this one.

To answer the pricing question, yes, FourMine/Adiamor/Yadav/Parcel and Stone are generally cheaper than Blue Nile and James Allen. Like, a lot cheaper. That is why I usually recommend purchasing open-market stones through one of these vendors, or as I recommended before, ID Jewelry.

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock

I'm not as familiar with this vendor-does not mean there aren't good. I think it's a newer company. Are you able to see the GIA report for this one? It's not coming up for me...

I do think it would be easier to get the stone and setting in one place, especially since you are looking for something fairly classic.

Has anyone here gotten a fourmine ring made? I'm not regularly on PS and am a bit out of the loop.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm having problems getting the information to pull up on the FourMine site. However, I pulled the cert directly from GIA.

Yuck, don't like the inclusion plot at all.

Also, not a fan of that 35 crown & 40.8 pavilion. Because of the way that GIA rounds & averages, your crown and/or pavilion can both push up. Being a GIA XXX stone without any performance images or advanced reports to confirm exact angles I think it's too risky personally. The exception being -- if they provide an ASET or Idealscope image and it comes back clean.

6301497716.png

Fair enough, I just thought I'd throw that out there in case he does look at some AGS ones, too.:)

So many edits, sorry. Tired tonight...

I did look at WF for him and about $12k was the price of admission. Doubtful he will be an AGS owner unless we get lucky.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not as familiar with this vendor-does not mean there aren't good. I think it's a newer company. Are you able to see the GIA report for this one? It's not coming up for me...

I do think it would be easier to get the stone and setting in one place, especially since you are looking for something fairly classic.

Has anyone here gotten a fourmine ring made? I'm not regularly on PS and am a bit out of the loop.
The report link isn't working on their site. Here it is
https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=6301497716&s=1537334109379

I wouldn't get a ring from them, just becaise they seem to be a drop shipper rather than jeweler. If I were going to use them I would buy a stone and get it set elsewhere.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm having problems getting the information to pull up on the FourMine site. However, I pulled the cert directly from GIA.

Yuck, don't like the inclusion plot at all.

Also, not a fan of that 35 crown & 40.8 pavilion. Because of the way that GIA rounds & averages, your crown and/or pavilion can both push up. Being a GIA XXX stone without any performance images or advanced reports to confirm exact angles I think it's too risky personally. The exception being -- if they provide an ASET or Idealscope image and it comes back clean.

6301497716.png

I did look at WF for him and about $12k was the price of admission. Doubtful he will be an AGS owner unless we get lucky.

Agreed that OP would need aset/IS for the 1.79 one (and other stones from these vendors).

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed that OP would need aset/IS for the 1.79 one (and other stones from these vendors).

Agree 110%.

Thing I hate buying from virtual inventory is the lack of data to make a good educated decision. Unfortunately, it's the nature of the beast.

Recommended steps for buying via virtual inventory:

1. Check proportions.
2. Confirm HCA scores 1-2.
3. Put stone on hold, and then request pictures, videos and performance images (ASET or idealscope).
4. Post additional data for review & comment. If pass, proceed with purchase. If fail, start over.
5. In the event you can't get the data in #3 above, then you have to make a gut call and possibly have the stone shipped in for review by your own eyes (and buy your own scopes to confirm performance once it arrives). This requires you to be familiar with and willing to use their return policy.

Even though I love the stone I posted -- as it has the most ideal proportions thus far, you need to follow the same steps above. It doesn't have images or video and that is worrisome; however, it's worth a hold and request.

Also I would echo the thoughts that I'd buy the stone from a drop shipper and use a local jeweler for the setting, etc.

And @Siamese Kitty, yes, FourMine is relatively new -- established 2013. Took seed money as late as Dec 2017 it appears.

https://pitchbook.com/profiles/company/113816-44

Smayorga

Rough_Rock
So ignore the 1.79 basically and aim for the better quality 1.53 that sledge linked? I don’t know entirely what 1.4 HCA means - I’m assuming that’s a good measurement in terms of its performance right?

I went ahead and messaged them to “hold it” and provide additionally pictures.

Opinion: would it be best to possibly lower the clarity from VVS2 to even VS2 and up the carat/color? (Retaining the cut and other dimensions?)

Also - get the setting elsewhere seems to be a way to go - should I do this locally or online?

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
The report link isn't working on their site. Here it is
https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=6301497716&s=1537334109379

I wouldn't get a ring from them, just becaise they seem to be a drop shipper rather than jeweler. If I were going to use them I would buy a stone and get it set elsewhere.

Thank you! Why did it not occur to me to go to the GIA site with the #, ha. Yeah, if it's a drop shipper I'd be concerned about buying an SI-1 without someone putting their eyes on it first. And in that case, I agree with your opinion about the setting, too.

For an SI-1, I never like an "additional clouds not shown" under comments, nor a grade setting feather, unless someone could evaluate it for me in person and report back their first-hand opinions.

The angles do probably beg an idealscope/ASET, too.

I think this one looks a little risky unless you can get more info.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So ignore the 1.79 basically and aim for the better quality 1.53 that sledge linked? I don’t know entirely what 1.4 HCA means - I’m assuming that’s a good measurement in terms of its performance right?

I went ahead and messaged them to “hold it” and provide additionally pictures.

Opinion: would it be best to possibly lower the clarity from VVS2 to even VS2 and up the carat/color? (Retaining the cut and other dimensions?)

Also - get the setting elsewhere seems to be a way to go - should I do this locally or online?

This is your call on what stone to go with. I do think the smaller 1.53 has better angles and seems most likely to provide the superior cut. Also you get amazing clarity. As @Siamese Kitty pointed out, the cert was last dated 2015, meaning it was likely a trade-in. Most stones have some history like this so as long as they re-certify it (not uncommon) and they confirm there are no issues I'd have no problems moving forward.

The only advantage I see the 1.79 offers is size. It's about a 0.30mm difference which is a decent increase.

Yes, a 1.4 HCA is a good measurement of performance. Without boring in too many details, GIA uses older 2D modeling. The HCA is an attempt to analyze the table, depth, crown & pavilion to determine how well a stone will perform. The ideal range for an e-ring is 1-2. It's very much a pass/fail test meaning that 1.1 is no better than 1.9. Scores < 1 are generally not best for rings but some people utilize them.

In comparison, AGS uses an advanced 3D modeling system to analyze each stone with extreme precision and then objectively determine a cut grade and computer generated ASET. This technology is much more advanced than the HCA; however, is only available on AGS graded stones. Consequently, HCA does not apply to AGS stones.

Until GIA adopts a similar system to AGS, the HCA is the best tool we have outside of using the diamond proportions chart like I did when I posted the stone to show you it would likely hit ideal cut status if being graded by AGS based on the data we have available.

Capture.PNG

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Recommended steps for buying via virtual inventory:

1. Check proportions.
2. Confirm HCA scores 1-2.
3. Put stone on hold, and then request pictures, videos and performance images (ASET or idealscope).
4. Post additional data for review & comment. If pass, proceed with purchase. If fail, start over.
5. In the event you can't get the data in #3 above, then you have to make a gut call and possibly have the stone shipped in for review by your own eyes (and buy your own scopes to confirm performance once it arrives). This requires you to be familiar with and willing to use their return policy.

Great step-by-step write up of the process of buying an open-market stone. Although I would probably never go to step 5. IdealScope images give you details (like painting/digging of the crown) that videos simply cannot. If the vendor couldn't at least provide an IdealScope image, I would just pass on that stone. Sure, you could test it yourself at home, but I would rather not go through a return process if it turns out to have something like a badly dug out or painted crown for instance. Just seems like more of a PITA than it's worth, as there are plenty of other stones on the open market that have both videos and IdealScope images.

I find the search for a great open market stone to be fun. Sort of like a treasure hunt. But instead of a literal buried treasure chest at the end, you get to keep more money in your pocket (which I guess is equivalent? :mrgreen:). But if you don't really enjoy the process of finding open market stones and analyzing images by yourself, then ID Jewelry is probably the best way to go. They have access to most of the open market stones, and can get you really detailed imaging (IdealScope, ASET, H&A viewer) images of any stone located in the NYC diamond district. They have a nack for finding great stones at any budget, and they'll select a few good options for you to pick from, meaning you don't have to do the grunt-work yourself. And best of all, they can usually price match other online vendors (or get pretty close to the lowest price found online), so you're not spending any more money having them do the work for you.

I know that @lovedogs recently had a great experience with IDJ, and while she went another direction with her final choice due with a custom cut, I know she would highly recommend them. :)

Smayorga

Rough_Rock
This is your call on what stone to go with. I do think the smaller 1.53 has better angles and seems most likely to provide the superior cut. Also you get amazing clarity. As @Siamese Kitty pointed out, the cert was last dated 2015, meaning it was likely a trade-in. Most stones have some history like this so as long as they re-certify it (not uncommon) and they confirm there are no issues I'd have no problems moving forward.

The only advantage I see the 1.79 offers is size. It's about a 0.30mm difference which is a decent increase.

Yes, a 1.4 HCA is a good measurement of performance. Without boring in too many details, GIA uses older 2D modeling. The HCA is an attempt to analyze the table, depth, crown & pavilion to determine how well a stone will perform. The ideal range for an e-ring is 1-2. It's very much a pass/fail test meaning that 1.1 is no better than 1.9. Scores < 1 are generally not best for rings but some people utilize them.

In comparison, AGS uses an advanced 3D modeling system to analyze each stone with extreme precision and then objectively determine a cut grade and computer generated ASET. This technology is much more advanced than the HCA; however, is only available on AGS graded stones. Consequently, HCA does not apply to AGS stones.

Until GIA adopts a similar system to AGS, the HCA is the best tool we have outside of using the diamond proportions chart like I did when I posted the stone to show you it would likely hit ideal cut status if being graded by AGS based on the data we have available.

Capture.PNG

So to recertify that specific 1.53 stone - how does one go about requesting that? Through FourMine?

Interesting...it’s so crazy how much goes into selecting these stones + and honestly pretty overwhelming. I read a post on here many years ago - and it had made mention of Carl Romaner using HCA but not citing it on his website/videos. I had no idea what he meant - and while I was emailing and calling him back and forth - I always wondered how can he tell a diamond will perform well based on virtual inventory. Makes sense.

Sledge, between AGS or GIA - which would you personally pick?

I was just told and read that GIA is the way to go...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results