shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this oval?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I know next to nothing about ovals, but stumbled upon this one in a local store. It looks lovely to me, but as I said, I'm not expert....I'm not in the market (boo hoo!), but want to know if this is what one looks for in a "good" oval (i.e. no bowtie, etc.)...the spots are dust, btw...if this isn't a desirable oval, could someone post a photo of one? ;))

Thanks for the education!

oval.jpg

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
im no expert either, but WOW! That is so beautiful to me...i don't usually love ovals bc so many of them have the bowtie and i just don't love the cut all around, but that is so different. really spectacular!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an "old cut" oval and personally I love it! I'd snatch it in a heart beat if the price were right!

Its not very symmetrical (from the picture angle) but the faceting pattern in my opinion is gorgeous!

EDIT - btw, since you are not in the market for it can we ask how big it is and how much?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
tyty, believe it or not, I didn't ask the price. I was just browsing and the jeweler (whom I'm on a first name basis with, ;)) ) said that he had a beautiful stone to show me. It was 4.28 ct. I believe (another reason that I didn't ask the price...even if I were in the market, that stone would for sure be out of my budget). If anyone is interested, let me know and I can call and ask. :evil:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning! Not even sure it would be called an oval, more like a OMC or OMB that has a very oval shape??

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
diamondseeker, thanks for the link to that gorgeous GOG oval. I certainly see why you (and tyty and dreamer) think it's not a modern oval cut! I like it though...wish I had an extra lottery ticket (a winning one, of course!) around!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A 4.28, wow...the color seems really nice and the clarity looks decent too...way NOT in my budget either ;( .

One can dream though...seems like I do a lot of that around here!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, dreaming is about all I can do with prices the way they are. I feel for the poor guys who have to buy e-rings now.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I seem to do a lot of dreaming around here, lol! Maybe if we all pool our money...kind of like a timeshare...we can each wear it a quarter of the year??? :naughty:

KMD

Rough_Rock
I love it! I am definitely interested. is there any way to email me privately?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
KMD, I'm not sure how we would handle that. I can call the store on Tuesday (I believe that they are closed for the holiday weekend) and get you more info. Am I allowed to post phone numbers and contact info here?

KMD

Rough_Rock
maybe I could send you my email through the moderator?

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
I'm another one who usually doesn't like ovals but that one is beautiful and a keeper for someone - wish it were me ! :wavey:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
yennyfire|1306629574|2932768 said:
KMD, I'm not sure how we would handle that. I can call the store on Tuesday (I believe that they are closed for the holiday weekend) and get you more info. Am I allowed to post phone numbers and contact info here?

As far as I know, Yenny as long as you are not the seller you can post the stores name and number here.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That stone is beautiful. I am not usually gaga over ovals (except a recent halo I saw here). But here is the scary part. The first thing I thought was OMG it looks like an old cut, my new obsession. Since I know almost nothing about diamonds this tells me I spend "way too much time here". Thanks for sharing. "Wow" stone in my book!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1306623507|2932719 said:
I seem to do a lot of dreaming around here, lol! Maybe if we all pool our money...kind of like a timeshare...we can each wear it a quarter of the year??? :naughty:

That has come up before around here, and it would certainly solve the problem of loving a variety of e-ring styles!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
just wanted to say, that has to be one of the prettiest oval's I've even seen :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yenny...if you help get his diamond sold tell him he has to make you a really good deal on something (something you can afford)!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
No kidding, tyty! I'll call him on Tuesday morning. I actually think he's headed out to the gem show in Vegas, but I'm sure one of the other folks there can at least give me the details on the stone. I'm really taken with it and keep opening up the photo to drool over it. If my ring had sold, I'd for sure be in the market for a stone like this (though it would probably still be out of budget!). :cry:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
yennyfire|1306674665|2933051 said:
No kidding, tyty! I'll call him on Tuesday morning. I actually think he's headed out to the gem show in Vegas, but I'm sure one of the other folks there can at least give me the details on the stone. I'm really taken with it and keep opening up the photo to drool over it. If my ring had sold, I'd for sure be in the market for a stone like this (though it would probably still be out of budget!). :cry:

But yenny, wasn't the point to have a less conspicuous ring? This is still a huge diamond.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It is a lovely cushoval! Let us know how it turns out for you!

cheers--Sharon

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not for me Dreamer, for KMD. :cheeky: I'm going to start looking for her little sister! ;))

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
yennyfire|1306674665|2933051 said:

This comment made me think you were thinking for you 8)

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nah, I was just joking, though if a smaller one that looked like that became available and my ring had sold, I'd be all over it. I have asked my jeweler to keep his eye out for antique stones (OECs or an OMB oval) in the 2-2.5 carat range. If the right one comes along, I'll jump at it.

Boogins

Rough_Rock
OMG that stone is GOREGOUS!!! I have dreams for exactly something like that...the color looks really nice too! I would love to know details so at least I know what kind of $$$ I will need in the future. :) Thanks for posting it!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While we wait on Yenny's call...anyone want to start taking guesses on how much it cost?

I know my guess probably wont be anywhere close but I'll go with $56k.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm guessing upwards of $100K....

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1306762501|2933629 said:
I'm guessing upwards of $100K....

:o

What colour and clarity is it, Yenny? Do you happen to know the measurements too?

It sure is puuurrteee!! :love: :love: :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Phoenix, I have no idea on the measurements, except that I remember that it didn't look any larger than my 3.51 cushion, which suprised me. I'll get all of the details tomorrow.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results