yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nope, no box for this baby!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1306940371|2935362 said:
Thanks Boogins! I do love it! Iota, I felt like this was a once in a lifetime stone. It was originally in a Van Cleef and Arpels setting (would have loved to have seen it!).

Anne, I would love to get together for lunch and see your gorgeous new-ish ring and get your opinion on a setting for the stone.

Thanks pixies...I like that this new ring won't have any components from the other vendor too...it is definitely a fresh start and I can tell you that this WILL BE my forever ring, so I am going to take my time and not be shy about asking for what I want or telling a vendor that I don't like "x" suggestion. I adore your ring and am definitely going to talk to JBEG!
that's what they all say...then 6 months later... :lol:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
:lol: :lol: OK, OK, if I take Dreamer's advice and set it in a very simple solitaire, I reserve the right to re-set it down the road if I decide I want to....

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1306950584|2935477 said:
yennyfire|1306940371|2935362 said:
Thanks Boogins! I do love it! Iota, I felt like this was a once in a lifetime stone. It was originally in a Van Cleef and Arpels setting (would have loved to have seen it!).

Anne, I would love to get together for lunch and see your gorgeous new-ish ring and get your opinion on a setting for the stone.

Thanks pixies...I like that this new ring won't have any components from the other vendor too...it is definitely a fresh start and I can tell you that this WILL BE my forever ring, so I am going to take my time and not be shy about asking for what I want or telling a vendor that I don't like "x" suggestion. I adore your ring and am definitely going to talk to JBEG!
that's what they all say...then 6 months later... :lol:

:lol:

Beautiful stone!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE your new stone! You are 100% correct when you said that vintage ovals are hard to find (at least chunky faceted ones). I've been searching high and low for a one with out any luck (in any size...of course I could only afford a small one but I don't limit my searching to just that). I've only seen one other yummy oval and it was LTP transitional oval so the appearance is much different then yours but that's the only one I've ever seen that caught my eye.
:appl: :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, VL...I guessed that it was a tad unusual, since I'd never seen one before (which doesn't really mean much), but I didn't realize that they are that hard to find! What's an LTP transitional oval? Can you direct me to a photo? How would you set this baby?

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Yennyfire, it's stunning!
I have to say, hands down that it is the most stunning and unique oval I have ever seen, the faceting is just sublime.
I can't wait to see more pics... :appl:

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire said:
Wow, VL...I guessed that it was a tad unusual, since I'd never seen one before (which doesn't really mean much), but I didn't realize that they are that hard to find! What's an LTP transitional oval? Can you direct me to a photo? How would you set this baby?

LOL that's my bad! LTP is Lauren the partier here on PS. I'm not sure if she has posted pics on here yet. She did mention that a friend of her (and fellow PSer) had one like hers, so there are actually 2 of them but I have only seen photos of the one. As far as I'm aware it's currently not set.

I have found a thread! It's a few photos down but you can see the faceting pattern is MUCH different than yours but still beautiful.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-older-cut-stone.159883/#post-2905461#p2905461']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-older-cut-stone.159883/#post-2905461#p2905461[/URL]

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's too funny! And here I thought there was another kind of cut I'd never heard of! :lol: It is a lovely oval, though you're right. It's very different from this one.

KMD

Rough_Rock
Yennyfire - I vote solitaire!!! Nothing should take away from that beautiful stone!!

KMD

Rough_Rock
PS - I actually had to avoid this forum yesterday because that oval just makes my heart hurt!!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aww, KMD...I'm sorry that you're disappointed. I feel kinda guilty. :errrr: I love to browse though, so I'll keep my eyes open for you and will be sure to post anything I think has possibilities.

The oval you posted looks really pretty...I wish it were the right one for you.

KMD

Rough_Rock
Don't feel guilty!!!! I am so happy for you. It was meant to be :)

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
KMD|1307019178|2936137 said:
Don't feel guilty!!!! I am so happy for you. It was meant to be :)

That is a beautiful oval! Unfortunately I'm not in the bling budget buying stage right now. It would have to be something at such an amazing price that I couldn't pass it up (something like Laurens .58 transitional oval) bc it would be loose for quite some time and I already have a very nice e-ring. The emeralds on that baby are beautiful though! Thanks so much for sharing it :love:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yenny... I am a bit late to this....but I really enjoyed reading how this was meant to be. I would have jumped all over that deal myself!! It is an amazingly beautiful and unique stone. The setting that you had made for it couldn't be more perfect! Wear it in good health!!! =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results