shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this oval ASET? (cc Gypsy)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it, but I don't think it will have that 'deep' sparkle you want. I think it's going to look a lot like the modified one you looked at.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think so. The ED one had an inclusion you couldn't get over? Oh, shoot that's too bad.

aftereffects15

Rough_Rock
Yeah... It's an odd inclusion, I didn't notice it for the first 30 mins and then it was so obvious even at a distance. I loved the light return/sparkle on it though. Would h&a round have the kind of light return I like?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes. It will have sharp contrast zones.

You might enjoy a nice antique faceted round too. But to get that in an H or higher and at 3 carats is going to be hard.

Where are you located again? I want to suggest some places for you to go browse.

aftereffects15

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I'm based in Palo Alto but work in SF, was going to try to stop by Lang's Antiques sometime in the next few weeks to see if I like older cuts (I was put off by the open culets when I stopped by fourtane but that was a while back).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm local to you.

Did you go to Joe Escobar?

aftereffects15

Rough_Rock
Yay! Does pricescope ever do local meet ups?

I haven't been there yet, work has been unreasonably busy lately. I might try to stop by there this weekend, will take pics if i do!

Definitely open to antique stones, I've been checking jewels by grace to see if I can spot any I like. I'm definitely not set on over 3 carats but do prefer higher colors and no/smaller cutlet which is tricky to find.

These looked pretty (despite the cutlet):
http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/loose-diamonds/3-01-ct-and-up/3-38ct-antique-cushion-cut-diamond-gia-h-vs1#.V1cBCpMrLwc
http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/loose-diamonds/2-01-to-3-00/2-80ct-old-european-cut-diamond-gia-h-vs1#.V1cBgJMrLwc

Does HCA apply to older diamonds?

Does this cushion you suggested earlier have an "antique" pattern or more of a modern one? https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/C422-GVJX62

Random question - in real life can you see the "arrows" in H&A diamonds or is it just in pics/video? I assume it's in real life too. I'm a little put off by them, not sure why (maybe the diamonds all look too similar to eachother?).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
In real life you can in well cut diamonds. In not so well cut or more 'traditional' cuts, not so much. Arrows are actually a good thing in a round. But as I am emphatically NOT a round brilliant person AT ALL, I can totally understand the aversion. The preciseness of round brilliants bothers me, frequently. They look like stepford wives to me. Although I'm not sure any one else understands what I mean by that. LOL.

The 4 carat cushion is a modern faceted stone. But a really exceptional one.

If you plan to go to Joe E this weekend, I would be happy to time my visit (I have to pick up a repair) in a way that we can meet up so long as it's after noon. No pressure, just an offer since I plan to go there soon anyway and any day is as good as any other right now for me.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
No posting personal information PSers, for everyone's safety.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results