shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this Ideal-scope image?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Racer811

Rough_Rock
Can anyone comment on this stone''s relative performance using this Ideal-Scope image? It has HCA of 1.1 and is about 1.25 crt. The vendor considers this their top-of-the-line cut, and therefore wants a pretty hefty premium for it. Does anyone think this is not worthy of that top-of-the-line premium? It doesn''t seem that hot to me, but maybe I''m too picky.

dscn2885.jpg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is a very nice stone.
The 3 pinkish regions inside the table are partial leakage that is exaggerated by the ideal-scope - they will actually be returning around 75% of the light - even though you would estimate it intuitively at say 25%.

The fat star (short lower girdles) would indicate the stone will be very firey.

Racer811

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/28/2004 6:51:14 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
That is a very nice stone.
The 3 pinkish regions inside the table are partial leakage that is exaggerated by the ideal-scope - they will actually be returning around 75% of the light - even though you would estimate it intuitively at say 25%.

The fat star (short lower girdles) would indicate the stone will be very firey.
Thanks for the comments. Do you think it belongs in the top eschelon of cuts, though?

On the ideal-scope scales (http://www.ideal-scope.com/using_reference_chart.asp) I''d take a guess and place it as follows:
Light return: VG/EXC
Symmetry: VG/EXC
Proportions: VG (shallow)

But I don''t have enough experience to know if this is worth the premium or not. I suppose I''d guess "yes".
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results