shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on old cut pear

plpinkinsa

Rough_Rock
Hello all, new here...
I am needing advice on an old cut pear stone. I am told by a friend that the cut looked bad but I want to get some others advice on it. I have been looking at old cuts for a while but this one drew my eye. I'm looking for THE stone and I don't want to pass up on a great stone but I don't want to dive into a bad one either.

Specs that I know of:
1.83ct brown/yellow I1
9.48x7.39x4.01
It's a bit shallow and a spread cut
I am told it is eye clean
GIA cert but the cert has no other specs listed on cut, etc.

s-l500_5.jpg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who is the vendor? Is it Diamondzone? What is the cert number?

plpinkinsa

Rough_Rock
No it's not diamond zone. Cert #2171818111

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have any other pictures?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please show mw the plot on the GIA certificate. The pavilion specifically.

That is not looking old cut at all to me. It is looking 'hot mess' creatively marketed and 'old cut' *wink, wink* be cutting off the culet point.

Q

Queenie60

There is not a plot. I would pass on an I1 stone - save your money and find something else.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont find it very attractive either...sorry, but if this is for an engagement ring I think you should hold out.

Edit...you might tell us what your budget is and what you are looking for (brown/yellow/white). We have several
pair of eyes we can use to help.

plpinkinsa

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for taking your time to help me. I really appreciate it. I just needed some reassurance that I was making the right decision in passing it up.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

plpinkinsa

Rough_Rock
I would love an old cut but I'm open to anything pear shaped. Even a modern pear with a culet. Color wise from I to OP or light yellow or light brown. Price range between $4k - $5k for the diamond. I plan on setting in rose gold. Carat range from 1.4 ct, but anything bigger for the right price would be great too.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i actually just think its a function of that uge feather messing up the clarity. pass

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
plpinkinsa|1474056478|4077490 said:
I would love an old cut but I'm open to anything pear shaped. Even a modern pear with a culet. Color wise from I to OP or light yellow or light brown. Price range between $4k - $5k for the diamond. I plan on setting in rose gold. Carat range from 1.4 ct, but anything bigger for the right price would be great too.

This K has a tiny culet...slightly over budget but it also has a good size.
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/pear-shaped/1.51-carat-k-color-vs1-clarity-sku-2063810

plpinkinsa

Rough_Rock
Tyty yes! So dreamy! and Neil thanks I've requested more info on the stone

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results