shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts around engagement ring boxes/packaging; Black by Brian Gavin

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We have a getaway planned in early November. At this point, that feels like light-years away haha. Assuming BGD doesn't put this 810 and diamond into a tree shredder... I'll definitely share pics!

And you know what, a few years from now... I'm going to take his wooden Signature box out of the closet and put the 810 back in... and take some more pictures!
Congratulations on your upcoming engagement! I am sure that before you know it the two of you will be able to look back and laugh about this all.

One thing to think about since you are sending the ring back for melee repairs..bands. Has she decided what type of wedding band she wants? I ask because if BG has the ring in-hand and you plan to have the matching 810 band custom made for her wedding set - It would certainly be more convenient for you to have him take all of the measurements that he might need now than to have to send it back later. Depending on when in November you need the ER, maybe he can rush production a bit or at least get a wax mold ready to be sure of a seamless fit.

holeydonut

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your upcoming engagement! I am sure that before you know it the two of you will be able to look back and laugh about this all.

One thing to think about since you are sending the ring back for melee repairs..bands. Has she decided what type of wedding band she wants? I ask because if BG has the ring in-hand and you plan to have the matching 810 band custom made for her wedding set - It would certainly be more convenient for you to have him take all of the measurements that he might need now than to have to send it back later. Depending on when in November you need the ER, maybe he can rush production a bit or at least get a wax mold ready to be sure of a seamless fit.

Oh... sorry for the confusion. I'm proposing during the getaway. We don't have a wedding date planned yet.

TBH... I kind of don't want to think about the complexity of a wedding band right now. :loopy:

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
I'm confused o_O All this over two crooked melee and a cardboard box. When did life get so complicated?

@sledge @ceg @holeydonut (and all FFs previously know as the "my girls")... While I have nothing to offer about the diamonds and the box, my only advice is please give your relationships and ensuing marriages as much attention, time, effort and whatever as you've given these rings.

@holeydonut Please trust me, you will look back at this experience as a cake walk. Please don't fall for everything you read/see on Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter. I mean, the "Proposal Photos" of the gorgeous guys with the "girls" lovingly draped over their necks (the ones upthread on Page 2) are cute and all but not representative of real life. Marriage is hard work and frankly, it can be hell.

And can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE explain the Groundhog Day references to me?

I'm so confused

Last edited:

holeydonut

Shiny_Rock
I'm confused o_O All this over two crooked melee and a cardboard box. When did life get so complicated?

Well, the journey to get the ring in the first place wasn't so fun either.

Last Friday was the day I learned Santa Claus wasn't real since he called to tell me my expectations were too high. After a many-months-long pain session of figuring out expectations on a piece of jewelry, I could have done with out a "reality check" phone call right at the end of the process.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@holeydonut do consider having this thread locked. It started going ‘round the mulberry bush a few pages ago, I think ::)

holeydonut

Shiny_Rock
@holeydonut do consider having this thread locked. It started going ‘round the mulberry bush a few pages ago, I think ::)

Yeah, I noted this spin cycle effect in my post at the bottom of page 6 with the Fedex box picture.

I submitted this for locking yesterday. Not sure what else to do?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh kk.

There was apparently some server maintenance last night, so I’m going to report your last post to make sure there’s at least one message re. your desire to have it locked in their system... just in case the last one got lost during maintenance.

holeydonut

Shiny_Rock
@tlfiore

Haha! Groundhog Day is that Bill Murray movie where he re-lives the same day over and over and over and ... https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107048/ It's a great movie, definitely worth a viewing if you haven't seen it.

Just in case you do need it... Derelicte is a reference to a stupid scene in Zoolander. I guess they were making fun of hobo chic before there was a hobo chic? I dunno.

If marriage is harder than trying to figure out expectations on an engagement ring... I think I need to lower the bar :)

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
@holeydonut pulling and locking threads is silly, IMHO. It's closing the barn door when the horse is already out.

@yssie sorry, I value you and your input immensely but I think such cry outs to the Admins are foolish.

Ignore the continued replies (like mine) and the thread (like so many others) will simply fade away :roll2:

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
@tlfiore

Haha! Groundhog Day is that Bill Murray movie where he re-lives the same day over and over and over and ... https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107048/ It's a great movie, definitely worth a viewing if you haven't seen it.

Just in case you do need it... Derelicte is a reference to a stupid scene in Zoolander. I guess they were making fun of hobo chic before there was a hobo chic? I dunno.

If marriage is harder than trying to figure out expectations on an engagement ring... I think I need to lower the bar :)

Lower your expectations on which one, @holeydonut marriage, the ring or both??? Thanks for the explanations and the video!

I saw the movie DECADES back, so I do not recall it. I LOVE being old! It gives me a good excuse to play stupid and act dumb!

And I think you've demonstrated exceptional character, patience and goodwill throughout these SEVEN PAGES of fodder. You are a good sport and you strike me as a very kind person! A perfectionist, yes...but a sweet and kind one, for sure!

I wish you much much happiness, your "girl," as well.

And get us some proposal and hand shots of that gorgeous ring, once it's all said and done, will ya???

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, I can charge $100/month to rent that Fedex box!

BTW, I hope you have learned a few things from my experience of "the stupid bar is set so high Elon Musk's rocket couldn't clear it." And don't put your Future Hubby through this level of hair-greying.

Laughing... this will be my second go around. Live and learn! Each relationship is so unique, and we are both low-key. He's worried about getting me something better than I had the first time around. Poor guy. Lucky me?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results