shape
carat
color
clarity

This is what a TIC vs More fire looks like

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
You can check out the Cutwise link I shared above for a rough idea. 35.4/40.7 should look similar to 34.5/40.9 so going to 34.5/40.6 would be a further move to the other side of 34.5/40.8 for a bigger difference. But as long as the material is clean and the cut precision is comparable it’s still not a big enough difference that casual observers would pick up on. We just obsess over the details because we find it interesting.

jpgas

Rough_Rock
Sometimes you just have to call it done.

Exactly, and just so you guys know I'm going with the 34.5/40.8. It just has a better mix of color and scintillation and was full of sparkle all over the diamond. The fiery 35.4/40.7 does have a bit more bolder and bigger colors but a lot less scintillation and darker empty areas in the diamond

I also like that 34.5/40.8 is considered a perfect balance which I think is a great symbol for a marriage and is a small detail I think that outweighs having a bit more fire

Thanks for all the help

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of those original diamonds looks hazy to me in the video. So definitely look into issues with the materials.

Also, the arrows are so weird and thin in these stones! I don’t like the cut on them. There is more to the optics of a diamond than just CA and PA. There is the precision of the cut and the length of the lower halves to name just a few things.

EDIT :

jpgas

Rough_Rock
One of those original diamonds looks hazy to me in the video. So definitely look into issues with the materials.

Also, the arrows are so weird and thin in these stones! I don’t like the cut on them. There is more to the optics of a diamond than just CA and PA. There is the precision of the cut and the length of the lower halves to name just a few things.

EDIT :

Here is a better video of them after I cleaned them. I hope since they both are H&A that the precision is good enough. I still like the diamond and looks good to me and don't really want to go through looking for another

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exactly, and just so you guys know I'm going with the 34.5/40.8. It just has a better mix of color and scintillation and was full of sparkle all over the diamond. The fiery 35.4/40.7 does have a bit more bolder and bigger colors but a lot less scintillation and darker empty areas in the diamond

I also like that 34.5/40.8 is considered a perfect balance which I think is a great symbol for a marriage and is a small detail I think that outweighs having a bit more fire

Thanks for all the help

Glad you came to a decision that works for you! I love those perfect proportions too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results