shape
carat
color
clarity

This diamond??? Help please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ring a ring

Rough_Rock
After reading about diamonds on this site until my eyes hurt I''m finally getting closer to the purchase. What do you think of this one? The price is $1359. I''m not sure about the fluorescence and I really need the crown and pavillion angle don''t I? How do I know if it''s eyeclean when I''m buying online - is it better to buy VS2 and G rather than F, SI1?

Carat weight: 0.56
Cut: Ideal
Color: F
Clarity: SI1

Depth %: 60.1%
Table %: 56%
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Thin, faceted
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Medium
Measurements: 5.38x5.43x3.25 mm

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks as if it could be good, the crown and pav angles would be a great help. The only way to know if a diamond is eyeclean is to be totally honest with the vendor about your definition. Do you not want to see anything in the diamond at all up close, or does your idea of eyeclean match the trade definiton -- no visible inclusions at a distance of about 10 inches in normal light. I would think at this size you wouldn''t have any problems, vendors are very honest usually as it doesn''t pay them to have diamonds zinging back and forth between client and vendor. I would think an SI1 clarity and an F will be a great combo, the fluoro probably won''t be a problem as it''s medium, might make the diamond a little whiter still in some lights. This could be a great choice, is there a Sarin report available or a Brilliancescope image? Make sure the vendor understands exactly what you are looking for and use their knowledge and expertise. Good luck, if you could get the above info that would be good, looks like this diamond might have possibilities!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there !

This is just my personal opinion, but I am not keen on buying online. There''s nothing like seeing it with your own eyes for total piece of mind. (find out about their return policy)

Does the stone have certification ?? If it does, I would be happy with F-colour and S1 clarity. I have no problem with fluoresence, infact i prefer diamonds with fluoresence.

The price seems very, very good. I am going to watch this thread to see what some of the other pricescopers think !

good luck..dyanne

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ring a Ring as Blod says, buying online isn''t for everyone, however many of us have done it and wouldn''t hesitate to do so again! Vendors are a good bunch and want to make their clients happy, I don''t think there is much risk involved. I assume this diamond is GIA certed due to the info you gave?

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Have you considered looking at the diamond in person before purchasing it? Then you would be totally satisfied that the diamond met/did not meet your definition of eye clean.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should have a good return period, most vendors offer them, this should give you time to decide if this is the diamond for you or not and fits your idea of eyeclean.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results