shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Third time's a charm....My new trellis 3 stone oval

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh I think it looks great! and I am so glad you are happy with your ring :)

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring and it looks great on you! :love: :love: :love:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! So glad you are happy! :appl: :appl: :appl:

geisha_gyrl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Tigian and AprilBaby!

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
pretty! I love oval cuts

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks gorgeous!!! :love: You did absolutely the right thing to change your stones. Now it is perfect! :appl:

geisha_gyrl

Shiny_Rock
Hi DiamondSeeker,

Thank you and thank you for your help. I am glad I changed the stones. My FI and I think it looks much better...so now onto wedding bands. :D

geisha_gyrl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you rhbgirl and sweet pea!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
geisha_gyrl|1311103300|2972409 said:
Dreamer_D|1311101919|2972400 said:
It looks wonderful! I am so glad I could be a little help in your journey. When you are picky, the road may be longer, but it is worth it because the end product is always great!

I am not totally surprised you can't see the difference between the DE and G(F) stones. The colorless family is much closer together than is the near colorless, so a step in color in that range is just not as visible to the naked eye.

I think a really thin channel set band would look great with your ring!

Hey Dreamer D,

Thank you for all your wisdom! As always, I believe you are correct about the colorless family. Craziest thing, my FI and I think the D is better match to my center than the E. I think it must be the way it's cut. Anyway, I'm just relieved and thrilled on how it turned out.

When I had the original ring, I tried on a 2 mm channel set band in Tiffany. We liked the way it looked so I'm hoping it looks just as great if not better with the wider band.

Thanks again for all your help!

WF has a band called the Honey band that is (to my eye) near identical to the Tiffany one buy much less money. It is also 3/4 eternity which is really nice because you can size it and also won't damage diamonds on the palm side of the ring. The price is also ridiculously low at the moment: http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-bands/honey-channel-set-diamond-wedding-band-688.htm I have been waffling on getting this band myself for a baby ring to mark my second son's birth last month, but would ideally like a wider band. But this one is a steal. I believe the prices will rise in the future as it seems to me that the prices of these pieces have not risen to reflect the increases in melee and gold recently. So if you like it, snap it up!

geisha_gyrl

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer_D|1311268960|2973864 said:
geisha_gyrl|1311103300|2972409 said:
Dreamer_D|1311101919|2972400 said:
It looks wonderful! I am so glad I could be a little help in your journey. When you are picky, the road may be longer, but it is worth it because the end product is always great!

I am not totally surprised you can't see the difference between the DE and G(F) stones. The colorless family is much closer together than is the near colorless, so a step in color in that range is just not as visible to the naked eye.

I think a really thin channel set band would look great with your ring!

Hey Dreamer D,

Thank you for all your wisdom! As always, I believe you are correct about the colorless family. Craziest thing, my FI and I think the D is better match to my center than the E. I think it must be the way it's cut. Anyway, I'm just relieved and thrilled on how it turned out.

When I had the original ring, I tried on a 2 mm channel set band in Tiffany. We liked the way it looked so I'm hoping it looks just as great if not better with the wider band.

WF has a band called the Honey band that is (to my eye) near identical to the Tiffany one buy much less money. It is also 3/4 eternity which is really nice because you can size it and also won't damage diamonds on the palm side of the ring. The price is also ridiculously low at the moment: http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-bands/honey-channel-set-diamond-wedding-band-688.htm I have been waffling on getting this band myself for a baby ring to mark my second son's birth last month, but would ideally like a wider band. But this one is a steal. I believe the prices will rise in the future as it seems to me that the prices of these pieces have not risen to reflect the increases in melee and gold recently. So if you like it, snap it up!

I did see the Honey and like that it is the same width as the Tiffany. You are right about the cost! My FI almost choked when he saw how much the Tiffany band cost. I'll go try on bands soon to see if I still like the channel set look. If so, I'll be contacting WF!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! The proportions are lovely.

geisha_gyrl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you KittyBean!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
The ring is beautiful...definitely a reminder to slow down and wait to get exactly what you want! :appl:

geisha_gyrl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks centralsquare! You're right about taking time to get it right. This has been a frustrating 3.5 months but I finally have what I want. :)

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
geisha_gyrl|1311600130|2976289 said:
Thanks centralsquare! You're right about taking time to get it right. This has been a frustrating 3.5 months but I finally have what I want. :)

You have WAY more patience that I do!!!

cnkav

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's here!!!

It looks *fabulous* - congrats!! Third time is definitely a charm :appl: :appl: :appl: it's perfectly proportioned against your hand. And you sound really happy with the way it turned out, which is good to see, it really is lovely :bigsmile:

Can't wait to see what band(s) you decide on ::)

geisha_gyrl

Shiny_Rock
Yssie|1311872857|2979025 said:
It's here!!!

It looks *fabulous* - congrats!! Third time is definitely a charm :appl: :appl: :appl: it's perfectly proportioned against your hand. And you sound really happy with the way it turned out, which is good to see, it really is lovely :bigsmile:

Hey Yssie!

I'm so happy it's here and very happy with the way it turned out. It will be a while for the bands. I'm in the middle of planning this destination wedding. It's making my head spin! I thought wedding planning was supposed to be fun.....can you tell me when that's supposed to happen? *sigh*

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
geisha_gyrl|1311876817|2979081 said:
It's here!!!

Hey Yssie!

I'm so happy it's here and very happy with the way it turned out. It will be a while for the bands. I'm in the middle of planning this destination wedding. It's making my head spin! I thought wedding planning was supposed to be fun.....can you tell me when that's supposed to happen? *sigh*

Hah! I kinda think you're either a wedding planner.. or you're not. Turns out, I'm definitely *not*. So - can't help you there, I'm afraid!
A destination wedding sounds wonderful and relaxing! Where are you going?

geisha_gyrl

Shiny_Rock
Yssie|1311879681|2979128 said:
geisha_gyrl|1311876817|2979081 said:
It's here!!!

Hey Yssie!

Hah! I kinda think you're either a wedding planner.. or you're not. Turns out, I'm definitely *not*. So - can't help you there, I'm afraid!
A destination wedding sounds wonderful and relaxing! Where are you going?

Well, I'm not sure which category I fall in but I just hate the stress of it. Family and friends tell me I'm a perfectionist and that's the root of my headaches. I'm trying to find a place that is a great balance of luxury, service, great beach and fun. Oh, I can't forget cost for my guests. I guess I'm trying to make sure everyone is happy...I say just go elope and have a honeymoon but the FI isn't having that.

I've been debating between Punta Cana, Cabo, and Cancun/ Playa del Carmen. Right now, it looks like Cancun or Playa del Carmen will be the choice. The area gives me the best balance of the the things I'm looking for without breaking the bank. I like The Royal resorts in Cancun and Playa del Carmen but I can' t decide which location. I haven't traveled to either but the reviews from travelers and videos I've seen are gorgeous.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't been to any of those places either, but Google Images sure paints marvelous pictures ::) good luck deciding, and planning!!

I can definitely relate to perfectionism - and the resulting seemingly un-surmountable lists. I got through it by forcing myself to step back, and not letting myself get too involved in any one thing - I just knew that if I started in on the flowers I'd be taking protractors to the greenery by the end of the day! Result: I apparently came off as not caring (which admittedly was, in fact, largely the case), the wedding was beautiful anyway, and my sanity remained intact!

I suppose that wasn't much help :halo: well, hey, no matter what happens, at least you have a gorgeous ring to stare at!

geisha_gyrl

Shiny_Rock
Yssie|1311881723|2979148 said:
I haven't been to any of those places either, but Google Images sure paints marvelous pictures ::) good luck deciding, and planning!!

I can definitely relate to perfectionism - and the resulting seemingly un-surmountable lists. I got through it by forcing myself to step back, and not letting myself get too involved in any one thing - I just knew that if I started in on the flowers I'd be taking protractors to the greenery by the end of the day! Result: I apparently came off as not caring (which admittedly was, in fact, largely the case), the wedding was beautiful anyway, and my sanity remained intact!

I suppose that wasn't much help :halo: well, hey, no matter what happens, at least you have a gorgeous ring to stare at!

Ha, that is totally true. LOL!

gayani1

Shiny_Rock
:love: :appl: what a ring!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results