shape
carat
color
clarity

Thinking about my band... Photoshop maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I still have a few months before I need to have this made, but I''m trying to come up with a design. My FMIL has offered us her oval sapphire cluster ring to harvest some sapphires. They match the blue of my e-ring fairly perfectly and since my diamond is oval, it seems appropriate. I think I might also like some oval diamonds or round diamonds mixed in with the oval sapphires. I don''t know the size of the sapphires off hand, but they are small, maybe like Zyrtec sized (allergy pill)?
2.gif

Here is my e-ring:
217017761_65201c59fe.jpg

and here is a band I found on antiqueengagement rings that I think is really cool.

362751566_536624a774_o.jpg

How do you think this would look with oval sapphires alternating with oval diamonds, alongside my e-ring? I don''t think I would want them to go all the way around, maybe just semi-eternity style. My ring size is a 10 so I hope to have space for them!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Your e-ring is lovely! I don''t remember ever seeing it! I think alternating diamonds and sapphires in half eternity would be very pretty. Even half eternity in all sapphire would be pretty too!

*M*

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Poptart! I don''t think I ever did a SMTR thread. I guess I should get around to that one of these days! When I got it I wasn''t sure I liked it but I''ve fallen in love with it, so most of my pictures were in the thread where I was trying to decide, over in LIW. It''s funny that the stone looks sort of blue there... it was reflecting the sky. My family jeweler put the whole thing together for me and sent it to me on spec, just based on pics and descriptions I sent him. He even sized it for me not knowing if I would like it, but he knew what he was doing. After wearing it for an hour, I called him back and said "how did you know??" I''ve known him longer than my FI though! He''s looking forward to building my band for me but I want some ideas to show him when I meet with him this spring.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Sumbride! I was just reading the thread where you described getting the ring, etc., and I''ve wondered what you''ll do with the band. I love the band you''re considering, and I think alternating the diamonds and sapphires will look so pretty! Can you post pics when you''ve decided and have gotten the ring?
1.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
here you go sumbride, let me know if i cam make anything else for you.
1.gif

Summband8.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Irina you Rock!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Irina that seriously looks amazing. I was iffy on how it would look trying to imagine it, but that band rendering is a knockout.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know guys, honestly i don''t see this band there though it''s pretty by itself imo, the lines of 2 rings together just don''t do it for me.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2007 6:10:45 PM
Author: Pricescope
I don''t know guys, honestly i don''t see this band there though it''s pretty by itself imo, the lines of 2 rings together just don''t do it for me.

I''m with you. i think it would look great as a right hand ring though.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welllll... if it was way smaller, with smaller sapphires & diamonds ... and milligrained or something ... maybe ...

but I like this Kirk Kara band! There are other antique-ish saph/dia bands that would work too. Maybe ya don''t need "custom". I still love my w-band from estatediamondjewelry.com/have size 10ish fingers too & a similarly shaped e-ring. Just a thought!

kirkkarabandsumbride.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Ok i made band a bit smaller and turned it half-stone so it''s more natural because i think it will sit this way around the head of the e-ring.

Summband81.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Hmm... it is gorgeous but yeah, I just don''t think it works like I thought it would. That''s why it''s so helpful to see it right there next to it. Thanks for that Irina!

I do like the ones Deco posted, and they are more in keeping with the e-ring, but I guess we couldn''t use the inherited sapphires in them. I wonder if she would be ok with me putting them in a RHR? That would rock, but I don''t know if she''d agree to that.

Do you think it would work if they weren''t bezel set? maybe prong set? can you channel set ovals?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Huh, I thought the one you had chosen, Sumbride, would look amazing, especially with alternaitng sapphires. But now seeing it together with your e-ring, I''m not so sure. I think it would look fabulous as a RHR, but it doesn''t seem to match the antique-style of your e-ring. The ones Deco suggested seem like maybe they''d be a better match.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/19/2007 6:25:12 PM
Author: decodelighted
Or what about this one??
Love this one! I think it would look great!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I showed M the rings and he liked the 3rd one Deco posted the best, the one with the 3 round diamonds, 3 round sapphires. My favorite is the middle one with the marquise sapphires. Irina, could you do a photoshop with both those so I can see how they would look? pretty please?
9.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks a too big for your e-ring, but I absolutely *love* the ones that deco posted!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/19/2007 10:06:03 PM
No problem :)
Oh I love that one! That was what I was thinking she would do...

*M*

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
This one''s my favorite....very lovely!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
I have to say, after seeing Irina''s photoshop, that I love the three sapphire/three diamond band. I think it''s a gorgeous match! Irina, you''re awesome!

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
This is pretty also, but I think it overpowers the e-ring a little, the round one seems to enhance it''s beauty.

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
http://www.tiffany.com/shopping/item.aspx?sku=GRP00126&cid=121324&mcat=148203&menu=0&page=7

http://www.tiffany.com/shopping/item.aspx?sku=GRP00481&cid=121324&mcat=148203&menu=0&page=7

http://www.tiffany.com/shopping/item.aspx?sku=GRP00102&cid=121324&mcat=148203&menu=0&page=11

They may be expensive but they generally are well made and good inspirations for designs. There are also some very nice ones that have been photoshopped there. And I'm sure if you take the pictures and show them to Whiteflash or another custom designer they can work something out for you!

Of the ones posted, I also prefer teh 3 diamond / 3 sapphire channel set.

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
I agree!! Your e ring is georgeous by the way!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2007 10:06:03 PM
No problem :)
OH!
36.gif
I like this one way best! (the summband61 photo). That looks gorgeous to me!

And Irina, I have to say that your photoshop skills are truly UNBELIEVABLE! Totally amazing. GREAT job! Where DID you learn to do that?! I am in complete AWE!

(And could you possibly please come to my house and photoshop my diamond on my hand to about 5 carats for real life, please???!
2.gif
)

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for the 3 diamond/3 saphire/ 3 diamond etc. band!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2007 6:25:12 PM
Author: decodelighted
Or what about this one??
y'all, why spend for custom?. you can get these ready to go for about 100 bucks from ross simon

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2007 10:37:54 PM
Decos first band
Admin. is MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!! I love this one with your ering.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results