shape
carat
color
clarity

Think i goofed on my wifes setting measuremnts help!

teddym

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone, I have a quick question about a diamond I bought a few months back.
In the details section of the diamond listing, it specified the diamond measurements as 6.10 X 6.13 X 3.78. When I open up, the AGS report it lists the measurements as 6.10 X 6.14 X 3.79. The numbers are slightly off. Unfortunately, I had the setting custom made for 6.10 X 6.13 X 3.78, the numbers listed in the detail section of the listing. Will this slight difference in size affect the setting process? Am I screwed? will the head have to be replaced? Ahhhhh!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're fine! That is 0.01 mm - A standard sheet of paper is 0.05 mm thick. Usually settings can accommodate about 0.2 mm in either direction from the size they are made for so you are well within that.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Yes, it should be just fine. Tiny tiny minute difference.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good news is you got a bigger diamond than you thought !! (But nowhere near too big for your setting.). Come back and show us pictures when it’s set.

teddym

Rough_Rock
Thanks! @ringo865 im starting a new thread I got the diamond set but I want opinions on how the prongs look.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, as an older work mate used to say....that's finer than the hair on a frogs a$$.

It's technically a difference but so minute it will cause no issues.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results