shape
carat
color
clarity

The Wow Factor...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2005 3:38:49 PM
Author: Jennifer5973

Date: 3/19/2005 3
6.gif
3:36 PM
Author: kaleigh
Jennifer,
Yay for you!!! It sounds amazing, I can''t wait to see the pictures of it. Your husband wouldn''t steer you wrong, It will get lots of wear. Sounds like that diamond heart is in the bag too. Lucky, lucky girl and good job for getting a great review!!!
36.gif
Kaleigh, that''s what I believe. He is very understated and elegantly simple....he would tell me if it was ridiculous.
1.gif

3.gif

Websailor, those pears are LUSCIOUS. You have fine taste
18.gif
This is what she truly-from-the-heart drools over - she sighs every time she pulls this book out and sees THE pendant again. Unfortunately I don''t think it''s likely to show up as a suprise gift any time soon....

It says this about the stones - "The 44-carat Qamar-I-Saltana (ring) and the 95-carat Star of the East (pendant) diamonds."

I guess since we live in the West, I''m off the hook for the pendant.....though she might consider a move if that was offered as an incentive!

Harry_Winston_Book_Cover.jpg

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
shocked.gif
eek2.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, Jennifer! I can''t wait to see pictures of your new necklace. And if anyone can carry it off, I''m sure it''s you. I mean, you never post your picture online, so I''m PRETTY sure that you can carry it off, lol. I mean, your lovely personality can carry it off. And it will look good with the rings that you have. And the earrings. And the other items in the jewelry box!

I love these earrings that are on sale at Pearlman''s. They would work really well with my lifestyle.
21.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
This is on sale for only $800:

Patty

Ideal_Rock
And I really love this for just $1200:

And Mara, I love all the items you posted at the beginning of this thread. That open lattice type look is sooo pretty!

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Patty,

LOL - how''d you take those pics? I feel like I''m peering thru a telescope! Quite unique, I like it!
36.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2005 4:17
6.gif
5 PM
Author: websailor
Patty,

LOL - how''d you take those pics? I feel like I''m peering thru a telescope! Quite unique, I like it!
36.gif
LOL...Hey, I''m getting a bit better at taking pics, but not that much better!

Those are straight from the Pearlman''s site.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2005 2:58:36 PM

Well, it’s all been settled.

31.gif

I took my husband to the jeweler’s with me today to pick up my treat for my good review and made him turn around while I slipped on the flower necklace (he hadn’t seen it)…when he turned around, he was like, “that is awesome!” And it’s actually 6.7 cts, F-G, VS2-SI1 stones! He said he understood why I had been obsessing. Our jeweler, smelling treasury ink, put an offer on the counter that was hard to refuse……….so…………………IT’S MINE MINE MINE.

9.gif
3.gif
11.gif

I asked the jeweler to make it ¾ of an inch longer (at about 15.5 or so inches, it was choker length on me, which I don’t like)…It’ll be ready in 2-3 weeks, as he has to order special links for the back of it to match. My husband said if I still want the YG/diamond heart for Christmas, he’ll have it made then!!!! So, it might take a while but I will end up with both, God willing.

2.gif

Sharon, your point is an excellent one, because if is does collect dust after 6 months, my jeweler will take it back for a credit towards something else. But in my gut, I don’t think that will happen. I wear suits most days to work and with a simple navy/black suit (of which I just bought 3 for spring/summer) and a crisp white shirt and no other jewelry, I think it’ll fly. And you know what, girlfriends????? It is ME. That’s what my husband said. He said, “sure, it’ll be noticed but you wear it well.” I also trust him—if he thought it was ridiculous, he would have not been so willing to get it for me. And my mom? Well, as my one friend said, she is just conservative--and wants us to put every spare penny under the mattress.

20.gif

Well, one crisis solved!
2.gif
I can’t wait to show you all when I get it—my husband is such a sweetie. I had said, “well, you can put it in the bank until my b-day (early May) and he said, “no—don’t be silly…I want you to wear it and enjoy it now…what’s the point of waiting?” And I promised to be a VERY good girl and not nag for anything else when May rolls around….although, I won’t have the thing until early April, so it’ll be real close anyway.

9.gif
36.gif
18.gif
Can''t wait to see the necklace.......BUT

Where is this NEW treat for your good review?!
11.gif
You know we expect details and pics!!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
patty, love that 2nd pendant image!!!

happened upon this on Fay Cullen's website...it looks to be the same style as my rings, aka 4 prong set melee diamonds, looks stunning! milgrain on the sides. .45ctw for $600...what a good price!!!

sooooo tempting, i really want an eternity thumb ring...
31.gif

http://www.faycullen.com/eternity/300/b415t9d.html

eternity 4 prong.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Mara,

I really like that eternity ring. It would make a good thumb ring because it''s so thin.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, what happened to your avatar ?
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Val...the power of positive thinking!
31.gif

To coin the Joan Rivers comment about Kevin Costner''s original ring for his fiance...

Maybe if I put it in the sun it will grow (and change shape and grow steps...
2.gif
)

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2005 6:37:59 PM
Author: Mara
Val...the power of positive thinking!
31.gif

To coin the Joan Rivers comment about Kevin Costner''s original ring for his fiance...

Maybe if I put it in the sun it will grow (and change shape and grow steps...
2.gif
)
or, at tthe very least, it will make little baby Ideal RBs sprout up...
2.gif

A for thumb rings, I have a 1.5 ct channel set eternity thumb ring in YG and I love it (the stones are 3-4 pointers but because I need a 9.5, it has some weight).
1.gif
I would like to get one in white gold prong set next. Since my husband already got me a birthday gift, I guess the thumb ring can be my gift to myself.
31.gif
11.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well, it’s all been settled.
31.gif
; Our jeweler, smelling treasury ink, put an offer on the counter that was hard to refuse……….so…………………IT’S MINE MINE MINE.
9.gif
3.gif
11.gif

A crisp white shirt and no other jewelry, I think it’ll fly. And you know what, girlfriends????? It is ME.
That’s what my husband said. He said, “sure, it’ll be noticed but you wear it well.” I also trust him—if he thought it was ridiculous, he would have not been so willing to get it for me. And my mom? Well, as my one friend said, she is just conservative--and wants us to put every spare penny under the mattress.
20.gif
HI:

Fab!! The best of all worlds: you know it is you, your husband concurs (but he''d rather see it on without the blouse....no??
2.gif
or is it just mine??.....), the jeweller made the terms for purchase and exchange palatable, and your Mom, is well, being a Mom. Sounds like a perfect fit!! And I so understand that obsessed feeling when it comes to adornment......
36.gif

cheers--Sharon

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I took my husband to the jeweler’s with me today to pick up my treat for my good review and made him turn around while I slipped on the flower necklace (he hadn’t seen it)…when he turned around, he was like, “that is awesome!” And it’s actually 6.7 cts, F-G, VS2-SI1 stones! He said he understood why I had been obsessing. Our jeweler, smelling treasury ink, put an offer on the counter that was hard to refuse……….so…………………IT’S MINE MINE MINE.

9.gif
3.gif
11.gif

My husband said if I still want the YG/diamond heart for Christmas, he’ll have it made then!!!! So, it might take a while but I will end up with both, God willing.

2.gif

I also trust him—if he thought it was ridiculous, he would have not been so willing to get it for me.
—my husband is such a sweetie. I had said, “well, you can put it in the bank until my b-day (early May) and he said, “no—don’t be silly…I want you to wear it and enjoy it now…what’s the point of waiting?”
9.gif
36.gif
18.gif
Jennifer, congrats on the new necklace. Can''t wait to see the pics.

Isn''t it wonderful when our husbands support us in our jewelry purchases? Its great when they give us that gentle nudge to just buy something that we are hesitant about. Websailor did the same thing last August when I was agonizing over whether I should get another diamond tennis bracelet. Its not like I didn''t have one already ... the 6.5ct one I had, while not something to drool over, was not puny either. I am so glad that he talked me into getting a new bracelet. I have a feeling that Mr. Jennifer and Websailor are from the same mold, they themselves receive great gratification knowing that their wives are happy.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
"or, at tthe very least, it will make little baby Ideal RBs sprout up..."

I''ll take that too...I have to admit in the shower I was daydreaming about taking ACA melee and having WF build me a circle pendant like the Roberto Coin one...hmmmm
9.gif

"As for thumb rings, I have a 1.5 ct channel set eternity thumb ring in YG and I love it (the stones are 3-4 pointers but because I need a 9.5, it has some weight). I would like to get one in white gold prong set next. Since my husband already got me a birthday gift, I guess the thumb ring can be my gift to myself."

I love thumb rings, used to wear CZ ones but have not worn anything in a few years...I usually wear it on my left thumb but since I wouldn''t want anything competing with my ring set...probably would wear it on the right. I prefer channel set actually...I just think it looks better on the thumb than a pave/bead.

Fay Cullen has some great stuff up right now, my list is getting way longer...oh and don''t forget the hopeful eventual diamond toe rings.
2.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Okay I''ve got it!

Mara = Ki''mara'' Lee Simmons!

So, what do I win?
41.gif
37.gif

How''s life with Russ? LOL!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2005 8:59:11 PM
Author: kaylagee
Okay I''ve got it!

Mara = Ki''mara'' Lee Simmons!

So, what do I win?
41.gif
37.gif

How''s life with Russ? LOL!
Blingy!!!
31.gif

If we''re being celebrities...I want to be Jessica Simpson so I can wear her 8ctw earring rocks!!
30.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Mara: are my eyes decieiving me? Did you change your signature avatar and font type??!! Whose ring is that in the avatar, yours?? It''s veeeerrrry nice.......
9.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2005 9
6.gif
2:24 PM

Blingy!!!
31.gif

Omigoodness, those things are massive! I didn''t know that they were real diamonds! (long whistle)
23.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Irish..I wish it was mine!! Jade mocked up a big ole asscher onto my hand so I could have something to dream about..
31.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2005 9:2:24 PM

I want to be Jessica Simpson so I can wear her 8ctw earring rocks!!
Anything like these Mara ?
31.gif

AsscherBaskets.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are stunning val!!!

Jessica''s are 4c each studs, they look so huge on her ears and I would have thought they were fake too if I had not read that she bought them for herself as a gift...wonder how much they cost?! What about cut?!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2005 3:40:2 PM
Those are stunning val!!!

Jessica''s are 4c each studs,
I am not sure I know about Jessica.... those pieces above were quite a bit havier than that, although I do not know the weight of each stone. The largest should have been 3-4 carats each though.

The picture ended on my HD because of the claw settings - they seem so simple (just platinum wire, no ?) and show off both the small and the large stones just as well - something I could not say about lots of settings
5.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s a not so great image but it shows the studs pretty well!!

104_std.jpg

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Mara: Love the asscher! suits you! mmmmmm....mini aca making a roberto coin like circle pendant...mmmmm..... and I love thta tiffany''s ring!!

Jen: Congrats on the necklace! I bet it is totally stunning!!!!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
My jeweler has 10 ct tdw studs--5 cts each, D& E, VVS1 and VVS2, Ideal cuts. He let me try them on. I almost fainted. I *think* he said they were $250,000 or maybe $300,000....I was swooning and going in and out of consciousness so I don't remember the exact figure... For a brief moment, I thought of selling our home, buying the earrings and moving into my mom's basement but somehow, i don't think my husband would go for it.
20.gif
2.gif
26.gif

Maybe he'll let me take a picture of them when I go back!
30.gif
3.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I wondered how big Jessica Simpsons studs were. 4ct each.....woooooooowwwwww. A girl can dream & dream & dream....

I''m actually really working on hubby for stud upgrades for my Birthday in July. I''ve been going flying with him every weekend and smiling...even in turbulent winds.....and the $$$$ being spent are making my head spin. How can he say no to my little diamond hobby?! I was thinking about going all the way to 2ct total from my current 1ct, but not sure he''ll bite. Maybe 1.5 ct total? Maybe 1ct in each ear is too big? Is there such a thing
11.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2005 6:27:53 PM
Author: Libster
I wondered how big Jessica Simpsons studs were. 4ct each.....woooooooowwwwww. A girl can dream & dream & dream....

I''m actually really working on hubby for stud upgrades for my Birthday in July. I''ve been going flying with him every weekend and smiling...even in turbulent winds.....and the $$$$ being spent are making my head spin. How can he say no to my little diamond hobby?! I was thinking about going all the way to 2ct total from my current 1ct, but not sure he''ll bite. Maybe 1.5 ct total? Maybe 1ct in each ear is too big? Is there such a thing
11.gif
No; go for the 2ct total (that''s my goal one day)

So are you going to upgrade with the same vendor? I can''t wait to see them. I love that size.
I was at the jewelers the other day and she let me "play" with a 2.40 ctw pair. OMG- They were stunning. I thought the size was great. Now I WANT them.
11.gif
9.gif
12.gif

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Every single piece of jewelry in this thread is AMAAAAZING!! I love it al!!! (cleaning keyboard drool)

Jennifer, big congrats on the necklace. Look forward to the pics.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results