shape
carat
color
clarity

The Wow Factor...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Was surfing around Fortunoff tonite .... found this $10k diamond bangle, with almost 7ctw of diamonds, is this thing bling or what? Can you imagine wearing this? Jennifer, don''t get any ideas!!
31.gif

fortunoff diamond bangle 10k.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also had no idea that Fortunoff sold Ritani but apparently they do...I also had no idea they had this lovely 3 stone pendant...yum!!! Now who''s gettin'' ideas?
31.gif

endless love pendant.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am obviously file impaired tonite, ignore that last post...here is the 3 stone pendant! Oh and it's about 1ctw with .18ctw accent diamonds for $5k!
6.gif

ritani endless love pendant 5k.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and my current favorite of the evening (well besides the $10k bangle but that''s never happening!), this diamond floral pendant, 1.50ctw for $1500...yum!!! don''t know where i''d wear it but it''s BEAUUUUTIFUL!!

diamond floral.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wow is right! I love the Tiffany Lace stuff, I am currently lusting afterSunburst Necklace so lovely! The brooch is also devine! I wish could buy such things but then where would I wear them? They dont exactly say poor college students please give me scholarships! Besides that I dont have ring yet and I ought to focus on that first I think...
12.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mata...I love some of Tiffany''s design items..but they are so pricey and for so little ctw sometimes!

This is one of my favorites, also I am currently lusting after the voile ring, perfect for a RHR!!! Dream on! hehe.

tiffany voile pendant b.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
here is the ring...it's SO up my alley for RHR...i wonder if i could have something similar created for less. i think this is about $4k!
6.gif

are those small arrows i see in some of the diamonds??

voile platinum ring b.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
mara, if i didn''t have my heart already set for a george sawyer w/champagne or spess, this would be the wedding band of choice....oh, my, if i could have it made of pink/rose/red gold and set with those diamonds!

peace, movie zombie

ps damn pricescope for turning me fickle!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
movie zombie...the positive thing to remember is...you have TEN FINGERS.

that may not be the wedding band but it''s an awesome right hand ring! ain''t life grand?!
31.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2005 1:20
6.gif
8 AM
Author:Mara
Was surfing around Fortunoff tonite .... found this $10k diamond bangle, with almost 7ctw of diamonds, is this thing bling or what? Can you imagine wearing this? Jennifer, don't get any ideas!!
31.gif
But you know that would go with so many things I already have!

The bangle is gorgeous.
30.gif
3.gif

Speaking of the "wow" factor (nice title), I am struggling with something right now. My jeweler has an incredible necklace--it is in the floral motif and it's "strands" of diamonds around the neck, coming to a "burst" in the center, with several strands coming out to the side with florettes in diamonds on the ends...it is a piece of art...it's about 5 or 6 cts (can't remember exactly) and I tried it on a few months ago. Well, it's still there and I WANT IT. Here's the problem--it's not cheap and I just can't see spending thousands on a piece I can only wear 3X a year. We don't go to a lot of black tie or formal events and my gut says it's too elaborate to be professional for work.... Now, my b-day is in 6 weeks and my husband said I could have it...but he was going to get me something else I have been lusting after for a while--a diamond heart in YG with .25-.30 stones and the chain attached to each "ear" of the heart for that suspended look. I wear a lot of YG too and I don't have many pieces in YG.... I know I should get the heart, which while blingy, is still appropriate for everyday...I am trying to live by the rule of only buying things that can be enjoyed everyday. Oh, but that sweet, sweet floral necklace... My mom says I'll look like as a** wearing it at work... plus, as silly as it sounds, I don't want to damage my reputation there, as I am headed for good things from what I can tell.

Sorry to derail, Mara, but I need opinions!
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jennifer,
Wow that''s is tuff!! The floral necklace sounds gorgeous, but like you said you would only wear it 3 times a year whereas the heart necklace you can wear everyday. I received a heart necklace from my dear friend who was dying of cancer. He bought it at Tiffanys and wanted me to have something to remember him by, I wear it every day. Sorry Mara, now back to your goodies!!!
31.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that''s nice !

My jeweler makes pave-lace models like that - it''s all about setting by hand a few hundred (ocasionally over one thousand!) little stones
2.gif
The catch ? No platinum. This guy only works gold - including white and gray. If you ever get ideas... maybe I could persuade this guy to touch a computer
5.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Mara: Those pieces seem to be right up my alley too--I have long admired that Tiffany piece....

Jen: I have an heirloom piece, a necklace--w/g filigree and around 3 CTW of diamonds and substantial--shich resembles what you speak of except for the CTW, and is the two decades I have owned the piece I am lucky to have worn it 10 times. It is beautiful to be sure, and jewellery just wants for an occasion, but that is the thing; I have always found another more appropriate piece to wear when the occasion arises (color, style of dress, occasion, etc). Hence it just sits in my safe. Although this is only my opinion, I think it is safe to say that an expensive piece whether it be clothing or accessories if it is not worn regularily has the great potential to turn out to be a purchase "regret".

I think given your relationship with your jeweller he would extend a return period--where you can take it home, try it on with some of your things, then decide?

cheers--Sharon

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, Are you secretly Elizabeth Taylor, P. Diddy or the head of DeBeers?
31.gif

C''mon..we won''t tell!
12.gif

Gorgeous pendants!
3.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
First off, that bangle bracelet is TO DIE FOR!!! Omg, I want it!! OOOH, and the pendant for only $1500, I could do that, but it would come at the expense of my ugrade
38.gif
so no....
Why am I not rich again?....

Jen, oooh, that''s a toughie! I know what you''re saying. I guess to be practical, go for the gift your husband was going to get you. Any way you can get both?!
11.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
kayla...hahah no definitely not any of the above listed...sure hope I'm not P.Diddy!!
9.gif
wouldn't mind his cash though!!
31.gif

Val...mmmm what a suggestion...I am dying for that Tiffany ring or something in that style!
2.gif

Jennifer...what a tough decision. I think you already know what to do in your heart, aka get the piece that you will wear more often, but I know it is tough to think about those fabulous pieces that are just sooo beautiful.

I have the same mental dilemma on some of these pieces, aka the voile Tiffany pendant or the floral pendant...where would I wear those?? My daily outfits are far more simple than that, a solitaire pendant or my Tiffany silver is as fancy as I get for daily outfits. Sure when we go out, but that isn't that often..and we don't go to any really fancy events...we are definitely more homebodies and/our dinner with our friends.

Fay Cullen has some beautiful vintage looking pendants that are just all lace and diamonds, so stunning, but again, a piece I would have no place to really wear on a frequent basis. Once a year for $2k isn't my idea of a smart buy...but they are SO beautiful, so if you like the idea of a 'collector' piece then it could work..

Tough call! But I say go with the heart. and/or try what Sharon suggested, taking the other piece home and trying it out for a day or two to see what you think in an environment away from the jewelers sparkly lights and dreamy sighs.

Anyone else have fabulous eye-candy they have come across?!?! Please post it!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2005 1:47:42 PM
Author: Mara

I have the same mental dilemma on some of these pieces, aka the voile Tiffany pendant or the floral pendant...where would I wear those?? [...] Once a year for $2k isn''t my idea of a smart buy...but they are SO beautiful.
Yeah... for once in a blue moon it is not much worth it.
34.gif
Suppose some piece could be "adjusted" to the ocasion and worn in a day-to-day version as well. Like these earrings can:

UPDown.JPG

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock

Well, it’s all been settled.

31.gif

I took my husband to the jeweler’s with me today to pick up my treat for my good review and made him turn around while I slipped on the flower necklace (he hadn’t seen it)…when he turned around, he was like, “that is awesome!” And it’s actually 6.7 cts, F-G, VS2-SI1 stones! He said he understood why I had been obsessing. Our jeweler, smelling treasury ink, put an offer on the counter that was hard to refuse……….so…………………IT’S MINE MINE MINE.

9.gif
3.gif
11.gif

I asked the jeweler to make it ¾ of an inch longer (at about 15.5 or so inches, it was choker length on me, which I don’t like)…It’ll be ready in 2-3 weeks, as he has to order special links for the back of it to match. My husband said if I still want the YG/diamond heart for Christmas, he’ll have it made then!!!! So, it might take a while but I will end up with both, God willing.

2.gif

Sharon, your point is an excellent one, because if is does collect dust after 6 months, my jeweler will take it back for a credit towards something else. But in my gut, I don’t think that will happen. I wear suits most days to work and with a simple navy/black suit (of which I just bought 3 for spring/summer) and a crisp white shirt and no other jewelry, I think it’ll fly. And you know what, girlfriends????? It is ME. That’s what my husband said. He said, “sure, it’ll be noticed but you wear it well.” I also trust him—if he thought it was ridiculous, he would have not been so willing to get it for me. And my mom? Well, as my one friend said, she is just conservative--and wants us to put every spare penny under the mattress.

20.gif

Well, one crisis solved!
2.gif
I can’t wait to show you all when I get it—my husband is such a sweetie. I had said, “well, you can put it in the bank until my b-day (early May) and he said, “no—don’t be silly…I want you to wear it and enjoy it now…what’s the point of waiting?” And I promised to be a VERY good girl and not nag for anything else when May rolls around….although, I won’t have the thing until early April, so it’ll be real close anyway.

9.gif
36.gif
18.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jennifer,
Yay for you!!! It sounds amazing, I can''t wait to see the pictures of it. Your husband wouldn''t steer you wrong, It will get lots of wear. Sounds like that diamond heart is in the bag too. Lucky, lucky girl and good job for getting a great review!!!
36.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Can I just say that you are one lucky woman?!
23.gif
I need to make my DH understand how special and meaningful jewelry is to me, then maybe he will buy me more!!

Congrats on your necklace. I am dying to see a picture of it when you can post!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Since Jennifer won''t have pictures of her necklace for a while since it is being lengthed, and Mara asked if there was anyone else with some fabulous eye candy, I decided to post these for everyone to drool over...

Some Harry Winston pears that caught someone''s eyes....

hw_pendant_and_earrings1.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Jennifer, man you sure do know how to work it...I have to work on the whole having your cake (bling necklace) and eating it too (heart pendant)...hee hee...can't wait to see the pix of this one!

Oooh I love that Harry Winston set...it's Diamonds by the Yard and pear beauty mixed up in one...very yummy!!

I am tempted by a diamonds by the yard replica...like Kayla's. More dressy than just a solitaire for 2ce a week (aka client meetings) wear.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2005 3
6.gif
3:36 PM
Author: kaleigh
Jennifer,
Yay for you!!! It sounds amazing, I can''t wait to see the pictures of it. Your husband wouldn''t steer you wrong, It will get lots of wear. Sounds like that diamond heart is in the bag too. Lucky, lucky girl and good job for getting a great review!!!
36.gif
Kaleigh, that''s what I believe. He is very understated and elegantly simple....he would tell me if it was ridiculous.
1.gif

3.gif

Websailor, those pears are LUSCIOUS. You have fine taste
18.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately I don''t have pictures to post, but I was recently visiting my parents in LA in prep for my June wedding there. My mom and I were looking for earrings for her to wear with her dress which meant going to lots of different jewelry stores. It was my lucky day! Anyway, among the goodies I saw were:

1. A Fancy Vivid Blue 2.23 ct Emerald cut diamond at Van Cleef
2. Vera Wang''s whole line of jewelry (not easy to find) at Neiman''s -- so gorgeous! I love all that micropave. The prices, though, are criminal! Those huge micropave bow earrings with semi-precious drop were $13,000!!
3.Tons of estate jewelry that was just to die for. I wish I had brought a camera with me!!

The best part of the outing, though, was at Neiman Marcus. This very snooty looking lady was walking around the shoe dept with a white chihauaua (sp?) wearing a pink t-shirt. Well, the dog crapped on the carpet and the woman walked away and continued to look at shoes. Someone told a salesperson who got the manager and much to my surprise asked the woman to clean it up herself! The woman acted shocked when they told her that her dog pooped in the store, as if there were tons of other dogs around who might be the guilty party. Only in Beverly Hills!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Demelza,
That is just too funny. I wish you had taken a picture of that lady''s face when she was told to pick up her pooches poop!! That just cracks me up!!!
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow here is some serious stonage...check out the hand shot. I really love aquamarines and this one is just stunning...love the step cut!!

http://www.faycullen.com/rings/800/b1013r6a.html

Dem...as a dog owner it''s such a pet peeve of mine when people do not pick up their dog''s poo and/or try to pretend it is not happening/did not happen. I mean come on! It''s not difficult to stoop and scoop. Our outside complex park has random unleashed neighborhood dogs that come in, poo and then run home...no owner in site of course.
29.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s the hand shot...now that is a WOW!

hand aquamarine.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
That''s not a ring...it''s a weapon!
6.gif
2.gif

Beautiful stone, though.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is interesting, the original vintage art deco style like some of the new bezel sets from Leon and others we've been seeing around here...this is a 2.94 center stone, the part I really love are the shots of the bottom of the head with the detailed work, and also the side views with the thin cathedrals coming up to meet the bezel, such an amazing look. I would definitely consider a RHR like this, but probably one of the ones with the sapphire bezel and a center diamond...smaller of course!!

http://www.faycullen.com/rings/800/b1008r2d.html

original art deco.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that faycullen ring is incredible! And an M? I''d definitely do it on the right hand...and at $15,000, i think it''s a real deal.
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results