shape
carat
color
clarity

The world''s first Octavia ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny,

I just can''t find the right words to explain how i felt when i saw those pictures of the diamonds with the explosion of colors and sparkle...I shivered and was left completely speechless...i was...moved...My daughter came in the room at a certain point and she said: "Mom, why is your mouth wide open and what on earth are you staring at in that computer?". I want to sincerely thank you for your amazing pictures and for sharing those one of a kind beauties with us... I really wish that your SO wears the ring in good health...and now i''ll just shut up because i''m making myself sound silly...
5.gif

mekj1986

Rough_Rock
dont you worry about tension set stones? i would be so nervous they would come loose

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2010 12:10:11 PM
Author: mekj1986
dont you worry about tension set stones? i would be so nervous they would come loose

I know they look vulnerable but I'm not overly concerned.
Sure I'm careful with them, but I'd also be careful with any setting.
Lots of owners of prong settings have them insured, so you can insure a tension setting too.

I've heard some people suggest that diamonds in tension settings are actually less likely to be lost than diamonds in prong settings.
Prongs are small and even the ones that are not claw-sharp come to a point compared to a tension setting.
Prongs can catch on things and get pulled back when putting on clothing or putting a hand into a pocket or a purse.
What's scary is it's not like you banged your ring on something, which would make you immediately inspect the ring.
To me the main hazard of prongs is how normal day to day things like putting on a shirt can bend a prong and you won't even know it.

Tension settings are so beefy that such normal movements could not bend the metal.
Also more metal is in contact with the stone compared to prongs, and that metal stronger because it is continuous instead of 4 separate thin prongs.

I heard one action that could cause a tension setting to fail is if you grabbed each side next to the stone and twisted the sides in opposite directions.
I cannot visualize any scenario in which this would happen.

Diamonds are very expensive and enjoying them is all about seeing them.
Why not see more of what you paid for?

owram2

Rough_Rock
It gorgeous.. I am seriously considering to buy one as my e-ring.. But i cannot think of a nice setting.. yours is perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results