shape
carat
color
clarity

The world''s first Octavia ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
That is an AMAZING stone! YUM! Congrats!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
a very manly ring indeed! congrats to you both!

mz

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!

The setting is perfect for that beautiful stone. Love it, Kenny, nice job!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yowza! how incredibly beautiful! everything is perfection
30.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2010 1:40:29 AM
Author: kenny
Oh gosh, I hope not.
It''s a guy''s chest just like you''d see on any beach or public swimming pool in America - maybe not in February though, unless you are in So. Cali.
35.gif

I love taking pictures that show every day things in an unexpected way.
tee hee... I thought it was a different part of the body!
emembarrassed.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2010 11:06:43 PM
Date: 2/14/2010 9:12:46 PM

Author: Cehrabehra

can I put in a request for a shot toward the diamond from along the band? I want to see how much diamond profile you can see from that angle :)

gorgeous!!!

Anything for you Sara.
31.gif
You have such a talent, a great camera (what kind is it again?), and a fabulous sense of humor. The ring is beautiful and I love the way the light gets in - this is something I think about a lot for my own stone... I totally know what you''re talking about and as much as I love your asscher and the setting its in - I can see it may be even better for all the reasons you stated. Hey - you and the lucky fella with the octavia can have matchy matchy rings :D he!

Antique Chic

Shiny_Rock
Kenny, It''s so beautiful it makes me want to cry! Congrats again and FANTASTIC job with the setting.
The Octavia looks like there''s a party going on in that stone.
emotion-19.gif

Please post pics of the Asscher and Octavia together when you can!!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, really just gorgeous. I know it''s a mans ring but I''d have no problem wearing it
9.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
W
30.gif
W Kenny! What man couldn''t love that ring? (Or woman for that matter!). It''s absolutely stunning. I daren''t let hubby go near the computer for fear he''ll see this and get ideas!

I have to say that I thought your asscher ring was perfection but ...... its just found its match! I think your asscher would look phenomenal in the same setting as the Octavia.

I can''t wait to see photos of them both together.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Kenny I feel so bad. I was being selfish and forgot all about until about 2hrs ago and WOW. I missed out. That ring is divine. It looks wonderful. I too am looking forward to the octavia and your other asscher side by side. Please forgive me for not being one of the first cheerleaders.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Well done. Congrats!
35.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

I'll try to get more pics soon but I may have to use a loaded gun to get it off his finger.
He doesn't want to take it off.
33.gif

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
What an amazing stone, i would love to see it in person
30.gif

d2b

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2010 9:16:16 PM
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

I''ll try to get more pics soon but I may have to use a loaded gun to get it off his finger.
He doesn''t want to take it off.
33.gif
No one in their right mind would ever take it off!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/16/2010 10:46:50 AM
You have such a talent, a great camera (what kind is it again?), and a fabulous sense of humor.

Thanks Sara.
You can mail your checks to Kenny c/o Pricescope . . . Please limit each check to $10,000
9.gif

It is a Nikon D200 DSLR, which Nikon has replaced with the D300.
The lens is a 30 year old Nikkor micro 105mm f/2.8, with no zoom, no auto focus and no vibration reduction, just razor-sharp glass.
Bellows extension allows those super duper close ups of the Octavia in the other thread by separating the lens from the body.

This lens is sweet because it allows a full 10 inches between the diamond and the front of the lens at full magnification.
That's plenty of room to let light in and prevents the diamond from being so close to the lens that the diamond reflects lots of the black lens.
This is rare for a macro lens.
Usually macro lenses need to be almost touching the subject when used at maximum magnification.

0setuphm.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/17/2010 1:47:29 AM

Date: 2/16/2010 10:46:50 AM
You have such a talent, a great camera (what kind is it again?), and a fabulous sense of humor.

Thanks Sara.
You can mail your checks to Kenny c/o Pricescope . . . Please limit each check to $10,000
9.gif

It is a Nikon D200 DSLR, which Nikon has replaced with the D300.
The lens is a 30 year old Nikkor micro 105mm f/2.8, with no zoom, no auto focus and no vibration reduction, just razor-sharp glass.
Bellows extension allows those super duper close ups of the Octavia in the other thread by separating the lens from the body.

This lens is sweet because it allows a full 10 inches between the diamond and the front of the lens at full magnification.
That''s plenty of room to let light in and prevents the diamond from being so close to the lens that the diamond reflects lots of the black lens.
This is rare for a macro lens.
Usually macro lenses need to be almost touching the subject when used at maximum magnification.
I swear I just heard Carlin''s voice inside my head...... what camera do you use to take a picture of your camera? LOL!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Love it!!! Stunning ring!

Terrific, fun pictures also! Thanks for the great eye candy!!!
36.gif

Cachette
1.gif

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I just thought you should know I actually had a dream about this ring last night! I was at a jewelry store and I looked over and there was someone wearing that ring! I asked, "OMG are you from Pricescope???" And then we chatted and I was mesmerized... ha a little obsessed? That ring is amazing.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreams are magical.
I can imagine these two asschers in a dream, except this dream came true.

0bothhm.jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
O. M. G.!!!!!!! Divine!!! Simply divine!!! Looking at the two of them together...WOW!!! That''s as much as my mind can process at the moment!!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my Close Up.

bothhmmmmm.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I like this one better.
Less yellow and the lighting is better.

0bothsecond.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's where all those colors come from.
(Camera is behind that hole.)

0wheremm.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

0upup.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

0sideslanthm.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

98989999hm.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one tonight for the folks who asked to see pics of both asschers side by side.

0p0ml.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
The diamond is gorgeous; the setting is absolute perfection. The modifications you had done to the setting really make it- the squared ends to the groove, and the triangular "prongs", really are a nice look.

BTW I am NOT letting my husband see this thread! He really could give a rat''s butt about most jewelry, but I showed him your asscher once, kenny, and he studied the picture intently and after a loooonnng time declared he ''would totally wear that'', lol. Anyway, that''s really cool you gave it to your partner. It''s kinda neat to be able to admire a really gorgeous rock on someone else- a really beautiful diamond is almost as much fun to look at across the room as it is on your own hand.

I do think you shoudl reset. The Boone setting is just perfect for a square- er, sorry, octagonal!- stone. Your pics are always really fun to look at. (I tend to bookmark your threads with your pics actually.)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m gonna go against the grain... don''t reset
7.gif

I love your asscher in that setting, just as it is. The Octavia is a busier stone, and the busier setting (with the different levels and profiles) suits it really well. Your stone defines simple elegance, and your current setting highlights every bit of it
10.gif
30.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your photos are fabulous! I love how you share your set ups too. As for the new ring, simply stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results