shape
carat
color
clarity

The two week club!

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
I’m in the 2-4 week club!!!! I should be at two weeks, but I’m going to be prepared for 4. Needs to go through several hands to create. This project has been 4 years in the making. Not CvB. But very careful saving and budgeting on my end. I tossed this idea out to her about 7-8 months ago and I finally pulled the trigger.

It’s a compass. And I’m a delivery driver. It’s has a name, but I think I’ll wait to share in a SMTB post. The diamond is one I bought myself 23 years ago, and put it in an heirloom family ring. It’s been 10 years since my ex and I have parted ways. What to do with this neglected diamond? Make it mine again!

Will be a pendant. And I’ve gotten an antique belcher chain.

7F4B6F87-9824-4EF2-872A-4B37E37E239C.jpeg DDA6E369-B9D5-42B7-ADB0-D13FCFD29507.jpeg 27E8E217-EBF4-470A-96B6-874B414F7C8D.jpeg 9CD1AAA2-7B53-4A64-95F9-281E2345698E.jpeg 36C0D231-2C9E-434A-A217-43A6F22C9A50.jpeg

Wow!!!

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Counting the moments until I hear something more concerning my new roses/diamonds anniversary band. It's supposed to be here by the end of this week, but I haven't yet heard that it's actually been finished. Does UPS do overnight weekend deliveries???

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I was in the "this week club" instead of the "two week club" when DK said on Monday he'd have pictures of my piece tomorrow. Alas, it's now Friday and no pictures. Trying to stop myself from asking because I'm sure it's just delayed, not forgotten.

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
I thought I was in the "this week club" instead of the "two week club" when DK said on Monday he'd have pictures of my piece tomorrow. Alas, it's now Friday and no pictures. Trying to stop myself from asking because I'm sure it's just delayed, not forgotten.

Me, too, with DK. I am supposed to get an end of this week delivery. Trying to be optimist, I still have my fingers crossed for maybe Saturday.

Except when I asked (and he confirmed end of the week) on Monday, the work on the ring was still in progress. My ring was not yet near the approval photo stage like yours. Therefore, it now seems unlikely that I'll see my new rose/diamond band this week.

I guess we're both stuck in the "another week or so" Club. DK must be very busy and backed up.

As much as I want to have my new ring on my hand this coming weekend, I'd rather it be made right than anything else.

I don't think either one of us have been forgotten. I just think DK is more backed up than he had anticipated.

Patience is a virtue; I suppose. If my original deadline is missed (as it's starting to look like it may be), I'm not going to push David. Because he must really have his very hands full, I plan to wait until the end of next week before I contact him again to see what is going on. After this weekend, a "deadline" doesn't matter so much.

However, if I were a bride and my wedding was this weekend, I'd be a lot more uptight.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Oh I just love that! One of my favorite rings on PS and there are a lot of nice rings here. Your ring has some in-your-face style and it just goes boom. Congrats!

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Boo-hoo. I didn't receive my rose/diamond anniversary band today.

I didn't even get an update when it might possibly be finished. After being promised at the beginning of the week that I'd have it on my finger by the weekend, I'm kind of disappointed. I was hopeful... At the same time, I also had a strong feeling that the delivery deadline probably would be missed.

So, the wait still continues on.

MockUpRoseBandB.jpg

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock

I didn't even get an update when it might possibly be finished. After being promised at the beginning of the week that I'd have it on my finger by the weekend, I'm kind of disappointed. I was hopeful... At the same time, I also had a strong feeling that the delivery deadline probably would be missed.

MockUpRoseBandB.jpg

Sorry! :(2

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock

MockUpRoseBandB.jpg

Such a bummer. No offense to DK or any other jeweler, but I get frustrated when people deliver unrealistic deadlines. My local jeweler just did this to me and then went almost 2 weeks over with no follow up. Man, at least follow up.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Such a bummer. No offense to DK or any other jeweler, but I get frustrated when people deliver unrealistic deadlines. My local jeweler just did this to me and then went almost 2 weeks over with no follow up. Man, at least follow up.

If I don’t hear then I follow up. Tell me something will be done in five days and if I don’t hear I will email on the sixth. In a lot of custom jewelry design purchases the money is going toward service and communication is part of service. I don’t complain, I just ask what’s up. Don’t feel bad about doing that.

Totally different story if the contract promises a date of completion. But that would cost extra.

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
If I don’t hear then I follow up. Tell me something will be done in five days and if I don’t hear I will email on the sixth. In a lot of custom jewelry design purchases the money is going toward service and communication is part of service. I don’t complain, I just ask what’s up. Don’t feel bad about doing that.

Totally different story if the contract promises a date of completion. But that would cost extra.

Yep, agree.

Elicia

Rough_Rock
They sent a couple videos and I took screen shots because I have a question. My ring is 5 ctw. There are 34 diamonds pictured but I was expecting my ring to be 21 diamonds based on the listing. I know my ring size affects how many diamonds actually fit. Does the 8.17 written on this box mean carat weight? That makes the most sense to me and would fit having 21 diamonds in my band. I’m just trying to make sure I’m not getting a band with 34, much smaller than I anticipated, diamonds. I did email back yesterday but hadn’t heard so I thought I’d ask here. 18750AC9-2C36-4201-BD27-BFFA60464CBD.png 261CF28C-E8E5-470D-9E70-B6D491946114.jpeg

Last edited:

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock

MockUpRoseBandB.jpg
I can see why you are eager to get it on your hand. Looks GORGEOUS!!!

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
They sent a couple videos and I took screen shots because I have a question. My ring is 5 ctw. There are 34 diamonds pictured but I was expecting my ring to be 21 diamonds based on the listing. I know my ring size affects how many diamonds actually fit. Does the 8.17 written on this box mean carat weight? That makes the most sense to me and would fit having 21 diamonds in my band. I’m just trying to make sure I’m not getting a band with 34, much smaller than I anticipated, diamonds. I did email back yesterday but hadn’t heard so I thought I’d ask here. 18750AC9-2C36-4201-BD27-BFFA60464CBD.png 261CF28C-E8E5-470D-9E70-B6D491946114.jpeg

Mathematically if there are 34 stones in 8.17 ctw that means that means they average 24 points. For 5 ctw the stones should also average 24 points. So my guess is that it's a parcel from which they will choose 21 stones but definitely worth checking!

Elicia

Rough_Rock
Thank you, that's exactly what I was thinking too. Maybe I'm just worrying too much. I get like this with my jewelry lol.

starbrite

Shiny_Rock

Not wanting to be super pushy, I decided that I should wait until the promised deadline had really passed before contacting DK again. That meant going a full week after he told me the ring would be ready before the weekend.

Once the weekend was over, I contacted him on Monday morning. But I haven't heard anything back yet. He usually answers within a few hours. Hope all is okay with him.

I had a bad experience with communications with a local jeweler last year & changed jewelers to finish my 5 stone ring. I finally got my 2020 milestone anniversary ring in May of 2021.

Up until now, David has been very good about prompt responses and getting things done when he said they'd be done. Based on his reassurance, I was positive that DK would send the new roses/diamond band in time for my husband to put it on my hand on the day of our anniversary this year. It was just a regular anniversary, but having the ring on time would have been nice.

Every day last week, I constantly kept checking my email for some kind of additional update about my new anniversary band. Right up until Saturday night, I was optimistically hoping to at least get a photo - if not the ring itself - by the day of our anniversary. But at this point, I have no idea of what's going on.

I guess I do share your general frustration.

Even if a deadline couldn't be met, I would have felt better at least knowing where things stood. That applies to things in general and not just jewelry and jewelers.

I can see why you are eager to get it on your hand. Looks GORGEOUS!!!

Thank you. I've been looking forward to this ring. I hope it looks as good in real life as in the rendering.

As mentioned, the ring was supposed to be my husband's gift to me for our anniversary this year. Unfortunately, our 2021 anniversary is now in the rear view mirror. So a "hard deadline" is no longer that important. At this point, I merely want my roses/diamonds ring to be at least as pretty as the mock up & made well. Going forward, I just want have a nice ring I'll be able to enjoy wearing for years to come. If all that will be possible, I can be patient about when I'll eventually get my now belated anniversary band.

Have you heard anything more about the piece that David is doing for you? Have you gotten any photos yet?

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Not wanting to be super pushy, I decided that I should wait until the promised deadline had really passed before contacting DK again. That meant going a full week after he told me the ring would be ready before the weekend.

Once the weekend was over, I contacted him on Monday morning. But I haven't heard anything back yet. He usually answers within a few hours. Hope all is okay with him.

I had a bad experience with communications with a local jeweler last year & changed jewelers to finish my 5 stone ring. I finally got my 2020 milestone anniversary ring in May of 2021.

Up until now, David has been very good about prompt responses and getting things done when he said they'd be done. Based on his reassurance, I was positive that DK would send the new roses/diamond band in time for my husband to put it on my hand on the day of our anniversary this year. It was just a regular anniversary, but having the ring on time would have been nice.

Every day last week, I constantly kept checking my email for some kind of additional update about my new anniversary band. Right up until Saturday night, I was optimistically hoping to at least get a photo - if not the ring itself - by the day of our anniversary. But at this point, I have no idea of what's going on.

I guess I do share your general frustration.

Even if a deadline couldn't be met, I would have felt better at least knowing where things stood. That applies to things in general and not just jewelry and jewelers.

Thank you. I've been looking forward to this ring. I hope it looks as good in real life as in the rendering.

As mentioned, the ring was supposed to be my husband's gift to me for our anniversary this year. Unfortunately, our 2021 anniversary is now in the rear view mirror. So a "hard deadline" is no longer that important. At this point, I merely want my roses/diamonds ring to be at least as pretty as the mock up & made well. Going forward, I just want have a nice ring I'll be able to enjoy wearing for years to come. If all that will be possible, I can be patient about when I'll eventually get my now belated anniversary band.

Have you heard anything more about the piece that David is doing for you? Have you gotten any photos yet?

Yes, I got photos of my necklace Friday evening and they shipped it out that night, so UPS should deliver today.

Hope yours arrives soon!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just purchased this three stone asscher ring..It’s GIA G color VSI..It’s on the smaller size but I like that. I should get it by Friday. I can return it within 14 days if I don’t love it in person. This is my last purchase….other than a setting for my silver spinel which will be a simple solitaire. I’m done..I have reached my limit of purchases I would like to get.
8421541B-9DDC-4AF8-8A60-12019A28332C.jpeg 9D3423F3-4059-4B4A-8FE2-52A7660EB358.jpeg 66CE4C25-2383-4FC4-A424-F2B9ACA62ED6.jpeg D37225B7-9602-4E7E-8ECD-38D9C899D8D3.jpeg

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I just purchased this three stone asscher ring..It’s GIA G color VSI..It’s on the smaller size but I like that. I should get it by Friday. I can return it within 14 days if I don’t love it in person. This is my last purchase….other than a setting for my silver spinel which will be a simple solitaire. I’m done..I have reached my limit of purchases I would like to get.
8421541B-9DDC-4AF8-8A60-12019A28332C.jpeg 9D3423F3-4059-4B4A-8FE2-52A7660EB358.jpeg 66CE4C25-2383-4FC4-A424-F2B9ACA62ED6.jpeg D37225B7-9602-4E7E-8ECD-38D9C899D8D3.jpeg

Congratulations for getting to a point in your collection where you're pleased by it and see an end!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations for getting to a point in your collection where you're pleased by it and see an end!

Thank you @molecule It’s taken time but I really have more jewelry than I can wear.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
With my most recent arrival (to be reset) and another in the works, I'm considering selling off older pieces that don't get worn enough.

The new baby oec:
PXL_20210622_223622918.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
With my most recent arrival (to be reset) and another in the works, I'm considering selling off older pieces that don't get worn enough.

The new baby oec:
PXL_20210622_223622918.jpg

I love it! Can you get a close up of the facets…It’s so pretty!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
Oh @molecule! I love the flower facets! It’s perfect!

@MamaBee Thanks for the kind words! I made sure not to post a profile shot as the setting is one of those vintage ones where the diamond is an inch off the finger. All the better to reset her

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results