shape
carat
color
clarity

The two week club!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I have two projects ready in two weeks! (hopefully - don't want to jinx it!)

This past Tuesday, my diamond stud settings moved into the production phase at WF -- two more weeks to go!

Also on Tuesday, something pretty I bought at VCA went to their bench for sizing.

I'm super excited about both!

Two weeks baby, two weeks.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I don’t understand why it’s taking so long? I love DK and this doesn’t seem like him. It’s been almost a month since he said “soon” right?

@Spring Day and @starbrite the ring is ready :) I should have it on Monday!

This is a preview. The emerald looks so good. I’m a bit flummoxed about the diamonds because they look very warm and I don’t know if it’s photography or if the bezel would do that. Because they are E-F (lab).

Attachments

• 389D3906-1CDE-4010-BDEA-05E26CD736E0.jpeg
    389D3906-1CDE-4010-BDEA-05E26CD736E0.jpeg
    533.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I gave you the money and you told me that you bought me a ring from the UK, sight unseen, I wouldn't even be worried about it. It's going to be amazeballs. :love:
Aaw, thank you. And yes, I’d be happy to spend you money for you. :devil::lol:

Do we get to see a picture? I’m sure will be great you seem to have wonderful taste.
I’m going to hold off, sorry! Just feeling too anxious. And thank you.

This is a preview. The emerald looks so good. I’m a bit flummoxed about the diamonds because they look very warm and I don’t know if it’s photography or if the bezel would do that. Because they are E-F (lab).
That is beautiful! Such a rich, vibrant emerald.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have two projects ready in two weeks! (hopefully - don't want to jinx it!)

This past Tuesday, my diamond stud settings moved into the production phase at WF -- two more weeks to go!

Also on Tuesday, something pretty I bought at VCA went to their bench for sizing.

I'm super excited about both!

Two weeks baby, two weeks.

Very exciting! Can't wait to see them both!

starbrite

Shiny_Rock

Oh wow! It is beautiful!!! The milgrain turned out really nice. And the emerald. Oh yummy.

I see what you mean about the side diamonds. However, the gold tint may just be reflections in the macro photography. The real stones may not have that tint at all.

I really look forward to seeing this on your hand once you get it. Just one more weekend!!!

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
I.AM.DONE.

I'm so overwhelmed by it, both with how beautiful it is and the fact that my HG ring is on my finger right now. I really never thought I would be here so I'll just be sitting here staring at it for a few days if anyone needs me.

Stone looking blue from my teal wall in my office.

20210603_115013.jpg
20210603_114953.jpg

I can see why this is your HG ring and why - now that you have her - you can't take your eyes off her. Stunning!!! I look forward to your SMTB thread on this beauty.

Gone_

Shiny_Rock
Had a bad experience working with Sako AFTER he got paid and shipped the ring.

He is expensive, his workmanship is okay... not perfectly symmetrical bezel, and sharp edges on the shank that clash with the bezel's edge (I asked him several times to adjust it before the ring was shipped to me)

The worst part is that I reached out to him right after receiving the ring, he said he'd fix it if I paid for shipping. I agreed even though I thought it was weird... and then he went completely MIA

I'm so annoyed and frustrated

Now I know why people after working him went to David Klass, it makes total sense

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

He is expensive, his workmanship is okay... not perfectly symmetrical bezel, and sharp edges on the shank that clash with the bezel's edge (I asked him several times to adjust it before the ring was shipped to me)

The worst part is that I reached out to him right after receiving the ring, he said he'd fix it if I paid for shipping. I agreed even though I thought it was weird... and then he went completely MIA

Now I know why people after working him went to David Klass, it makes total sense

So did you ship your ring back to him and he’s MIA?

Gone_

Shiny_Rock
So did you ship your ring back to him and he’s MIA?

No, he went MIA after telling me to pay for shipping. I agreed and asked for the label and haven't heard back since... he is not dead I see him posting on Instagram lol. He is just choosing to ignore me.

Also, he knows that my wedding is in exactly a week from today.... and that was my engagement ring he was supposed to fix

Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
No, he went MIA after telling me to pay for shipping. I agreed and asked for the label and haven't heard back since... he is not dead I see him posting on Instagram lol. He is just choosing to ignore me.

Also, he knows that my wedding is in exactly a week from today.... and that was my engagement ring he was supposed to fix

Oh my gosh I’m really sorry to hear that. Is this your lovely three stone bezel ring or a different one? I thought that your three stone was already finished and it was from OWD.

Gone_

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh I’m really sorry to hear that. Is this your lovely three stone bezel ring or a different one? I thought that your three stone was already finished and it was from OWD.
I had a three stone originally, but decided to turn it into a solitaire, because I realized I'm not three stone girl. It was a bit too bling for me.

I had almost 6 weeks till my wedding and thought that going with Sako was safe. I never had a vendor act this way after being paid.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I’m sorry to hear of the mishap, especially right before your wedding.
does he provide shipping labels as a normal procedure for him?
I don’t want to provide excuses, especially of absent communication - but just wondering if that’s the catalyst?

Gone_

Shiny_Rock
I’m sorry to hear of the mishap, especially right before your wedding.
does he provide shipping labels as a normal procedure for him?
I don’t want to provide excuses, especially of absent communication - but just wondering if that’s the catalyst?
He did provide an insured label when I shipped to him in the beginning of our project, so I don’t think that’s the problem here.
To be honest I was a bit put off by the fact that he asked me to pay for shipping to fix something that was his mistake to begin with. But being on a tight schedule I decided to agree. His disappearance while knowing that I only have one week is what upsets me the most.

He probably thought that if he ignored me long enough I would find another to fix this issue… which is what I’m doing.
But I just can’t get over this terrible taste in my mouth, especially after paying a steep fee

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I.AM.DONE.

I'm so overwhelmed by it, both with how beautiful it is and the fact that my HG ring is on my finger right now. I really never thought I would be here so I'll just be sitting here staring at it for a few days if anyone needs me.

Stone looking blue from my teal wall in my office.

20210603_115013.jpg
20210603_114953.jpg

Oh my... that is so pretty... congratulations.

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. Especially when you're on such a tight timeline. Thank you for sharing your experience. Hope this is the last hiccup before your big day and it's all smooth sailing from here!

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
After my initial disappointment with how low my new diamond was set in my existing e-ring I just got a video of the adjustment that David has made to raise the stone and I love it. Still photos from the video are attached so not the best quality.

It might be to late to get it out for shipping today but hopefully it will be here in the next few days (along with the pendant he also made for my original diamond). I can’t wait to finally see my new ACA in person.

Edited to add: And I just got the shipping email, it should be here tomorrow. Yay!

C584430D-2AFF-4393-BF47-A21E787695E4.jpeg
2212C6E5-DD5A-41F8-8C3E-886CAC96C625.png

Last edited:

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
After my initial disappointment with how low my new diamond was set in my existing e-ring I just got a video of the adjustment that David has made to raise the stone and I love it. Still photos from the video are attached so not the best quality.

It might be to late to get it out for shipping today but hopefully it will be here in the next few days (along with the pendant he also made for my original diamond). I can’t wait to finally see my new ACA in person.

Edited to add: And I just got the shipping email, it should be here tomorrow. Yay!

I like that setting. Can’t wait to see when you get it.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

Posted in colored stones already but it’s here! I love it.

57182C5B-8D87-476D-A0DE-DACC8B563483.jpeg

E3D936F1-EA22-4806-B49F-EE3CC41BEDF2.jpeg

starbrite

Shiny_Rock

This is so pretty!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This ring is absolutely stunning!! David did a great job raising the stone, you must be so excited. I love this ring a lot. Looking forward to pics!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m dying here waiting for my rings to be finished..I need something new! I’ve been prowling everywhere. I thought of getting a three stone ring for my right hand...but don’t want to do another project. I also didn’t really want stones..I didn’t know what I wanted. I have a Tiffany circlet pendant which I love.
I decided to get the ring. I can’t wait to get it! It will go on my right hand. I bought it a little small to motivate me to stick on my diet because I lose weight in my fingers. It’s weird..haha
264A64D6-72B8-4F0B-853F-9AE40792CDB5.jpeg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I’m dying here waiting for my rings to be finished..I need something new! I’ve been prowling everywhere. I thought of getting a three stone ring for my right hand...but don’t want to do another project. I also didn’t really want stones..I didn’t know what I wanted. I have a Tiffany circlet pendant which I love.
I decided to get the ring. I can’t wait to get it! It will go on my right hand. I bought it a little small to motivate me to stick on my diet because I lose weight in my fingers. It’s weird..haha
264A64D6-72B8-4F0B-853F-9AE40792CDB5.jpeg

Beautiful! Are you still waiting on your east west ring?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Are you still waiting on your east west ring?

@Mreader Thank you..Yes..He made the ring and sent a pic. It was set too high so he’s remaking the ring. He really is amazing..I’m just having withdrawal..haha He also has the ring that he took Bee, my diamond cushion, out of. He replaced it with a blue sapphire. It has a window so he is trying to fill in the donut a little to make it less noticeable. If it doesn’t work I will be posting photos in the “Windowed beauties” thread..Haha There aren’t many stones that will fit in that setting…I looked for over a year. I tried to get one cut for it but it wasn’t possible…I love the setting so I wanted to keep it.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@Mreader Thank you..Yes..He made the ring and sent a pic. It was set too high so he’s remaking the ring. He really is amazing..I’m just having withdrawal..haha He also has the ring that he took Bee, my diamond cushion, out of. He replaced it with a blue sapphire. It has a window so he is trying to fill in the donut a little to make it less noticeable. If it doesn’t work I will be posting photos in the “Windowed beauties” thread..Haha There aren’t many stones that will fit in that setting…I looked for over a year. I tried to get one cut for it but it wasn’t possible…I love the setting so I wanted to keep it.

I remember that story and I love the color of the sapphire. I’m curious though as to why a stone couldn’t be cut to spec?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I remember that story and I love the color of the sapphire. I’m curious though as to why a stone couldn’t be cut to spec?

I don’t know..I was told that it couldn’t because of the diamond cushion’s shape. It was made to fit that diamond exactly.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results