shape
carat
color
clarity

The two week club!

Ughhhh... sorry to hear that... I know how “waiting” feels like and this is something that we wouldn’t want to see :(2 hopefully it got sorted out soon

At least it's not lost. So yay for small victories!

I think I just got spoiled by the 1- and 2-day shipping I had back in the Bay Area, pre-COVID. Those were the days!

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
My little vintage diamond band arrived yesterday, after almost 3 weeks of mail purgatory :eek2:
It’s so cute and sparkly, and fits perfectly. Worth the wait!

2D0E2DE2-4A6A-455B-BEBA-998A6EFD368F.jpeg
898CC27E-0B55-416E-8F61-89103C8B443E.jpeg

Pretty!!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I'm waiting on some diamond studs that I ordered this past weekend. As of this morning, they are "in production", and I was told it will ship out in 5-10 days.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in the Less Than 24 Hour Club! Big Blue is done! I have to go downtown tomorrow for something else and as soon as I finish my errand I'll be at Ivy and Rose. So excited!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I'm in the Less Than 24 Hour Club! Big Blue is done! I have to go downtown tomorrow for something else and as soon as I finish my errand I'll be at Ivy and Rose. So excited!

Oh how exciting, I can't wait to see what you got!!

I am hoping to be in the less than 24 hour club as well - my package was supposed to be delivered yesterday but hopefully today!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

How excitng @Dee*Jay!!! I know I’m not the only one who can’t wait to see a thread on this beauty In her new setting!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@jaysonsmom and @maryjane04 , Please post pictures! So glad you both are having a fun day. Who doesn’t love jewelry delivery day.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
@jaysonsmom and @maryjane04 , Please post pictures! So glad you both are having a fun day. Who doesn’t love jewelry delivery day.

So I was waiting at home all day yesterday so that I could receive the parcel.. Today they delivered it and I wasn't at home, it was just left on my front porch which horrified me!

Thank goodness my dog has a dog walker that comes about midday everyday and I asked her to bring it inside for me. But I freaked out for a good 45 minutes panicking at work over it.

156469980_436630294242720_5647655184685458839_n.jpg

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock

Can’t wait to see this. You had a separate thread on this, I believe? @Dee*Jay, would you be so kind to look at the .60 carat OEC H SI1 they have? Would love to see what you think if it’s still there.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait to see this. You had a separate thread on this, I believe? @Dee*Jay, would you be so kind to look at the .60 carat OEC H SI1 they have? Would love to see what you think if it’s still there.

Of course — I’d be happy to!
It’s this one, right?

8A165077-E424-420D-8204-9A991A4AC63E.png

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
My little vintage diamond band arrived yesterday, after almost 3 weeks of mail purgatory :eek2:
It’s so cute and sparkly, and fits perfectly. Worth the wait!

2D0E2DE2-4A6A-455B-BEBA-998A6EFD368F.jpeg
898CC27E-0B55-416E-8F61-89103C8B443E.jpeg

I love it! Dainty and detailed, goes so well with your e-ring!

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
So I was waiting at home all day yesterday so that I could receive the parcel.. Today they delivered it and I wasn't at home, it was just left on my front porch which horrified me!

Thank goodness my dog has a dog walker that comes about midday everyday and I asked her to bring it inside for me. But I freaked out for a good 45 minutes panicking at work over it.

156469980_436630294242720_5647655184685458839_n.jpg

Always happened to me to.. No matter how many times I told them not to. Shame on you fedex!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Always happened to me to.. No matter how many times I told them not to. Shame on you fedex!

I think COVID has made it worse. I was so worried leaving such a valuable package on my door step. But I guess they don't care :(

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Yes @Dee*Jay. Thank you!!! can’t wait to see your big blue!!

Hi there! I saw the diamond today and it's verrrrrrry pretty! It's nice and bright and has a really crisp pattern. I took a few photos, but frankly they are rather lousy, LOL. I think the video that Ilya sent is a million times more informative than any photos I could offer you. Let me know if you want me to post them though, and I'm happy to do it!

What are you thinking of doing with the stone?

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there! I saw the diamond today and it's verrrrrrry pretty! It's nice and bright and has a really crisp pattern. I took a few photos, but frankly they are rather lousy, LOL. I think the video that Ilya sent is a million times more informative than any photos I could offer you. Let me know if you want me to post them though, and I'm happy to do it!

Thanks so much, @Dee*Jay! That’s so very kind of you to do that for me. I really don’t know yet. I thought about just doing a solitaire with bezel setting but then now I’m thinking of doing a three stone after seeing everyone’s three stone ring here hahaha. So I’ll have to just hang ok to this one and try find closely matching smaller stones to do three stone.
Did you pick up the “big blue”?

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much, @Dee*Jay! That’s so very kind of you to do that for me. I really don’t know yet. I thought about just doing a solitaire with bezel setting but then now I’m thinking of doing a three stone after seeing everyone’s three stone ring here hahaha. So I’ll have to just hang ok to this one and try find closely matching smaller stones to do three stone.
Did you pick up the “big blue”?

@Dee*Jay - forget my last question. I saw your big blue! It’s gorgeous and huge! Love it! Congrats! Wear it in good health!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock

@Dee*Jay - I saw a J SI1 same carat weight and it seems a good contender. The H seems to be more of a transitional cut based on stats. Ughh. Decisions, decisions. I wish I had asked you to compare them yesterday if I wasn’t pushing my luck. Ilya, loves you, btw :).

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
*bump- @Dee*Jay, would you say the H stone you saw is more a transitional cut rather than an OEC? I can’t make up my mind. It seems much easier to pick an ACA. UGHH.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
*bump- @Dee*Jay, would you say the H stone you saw is more a transitional cut rather than an OEC? I can’t make up my mind. It seems much easier to pick an ACA. UGHH.

I *thiiiiink* it feels more like a transitional only because the facets under the table seem bigger to me than I'm used to seeing on OECs. But the facets are very sharp and crisp, so it's a very pretty stone. Ilya generally has a lot of options in the OEC/transitional though so you should be able to find one without too much problem. I actually got an OEC 3 or 4 years ago in the size you're considering from I&R and put it in one of their stock settings.

1614904457516.png

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I *thiiiiink* it feels more like a transitional only because the facets under the table seem bigger to me than I'm used to seeing on OECs. But the facets are very sharp and crisp, so it's a very pretty stone. Ilya generally has a lot of options in the OEC/transitional though so you should be able to find one without too much problem. I actually got an OEC 3 or 4 years ago in the size you're considering from I&R and put it in one of their stock settings.

1614904457516.png

Very pretty. Love the square setting. Ilya said you are one of her favorites;-).

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
This is the other stone I’m considering.
B314DB1E-10B3-4A01-8AC4-0569D2A14885.jpeg

Attachments

• 7C571F81-7BB9-4E2F-899C-621FCB929BCA.jpeg
    7C571F81-7BB9-4E2F-899C-621FCB929BCA.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 10

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ilya is a sweetheart! I'm lucky Ivy & Rose is right at my back door -- I probably spend way to much time there, LOL. We did a PS get-together there several years ago in their old smaller space, but I'm hoping once the pandemic allows we can do another one in their new bigger space, which is really nice. A lot of PSers found some beautiful pieces that day and the inventory is so much greater now that it was back then so I"m sure there will be a lot of good stuff to pass around!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the other stone I’m considering.
B314DB1E-10B3-4A01-8AC4-0569D2A14885.jpeg

From the pictures alone I prefer the first one. The faceting seems more "balanced" to me, whereas in the second stone it seems like the facets under the table are differently proportioned than those going toward the outer edge of the stone. (Does that make any sense, ha ha?) But if you want me to take a look at that one too I'm happy to see it!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
From the pictures alone I prefer the first one. The faceting seems more "balanced" to me, whereas in the second stone it seems like the facets under the table are differently proportioned than those going toward the outer edge of the stone. (Does that make any sense, ha ha?) But if you want me to take a look at that one too I'm happy to see it!

Thanks, @Dee*Jay. You are much too kind to offer. I don’t want you making an extra trip to look at it.

I am so sorry that I got carried away posting here and just realized it’s the Two week club thread and my posts about the stones here are inappropriate. I want to apologize to everyone. I’m so sorry.

This is my last post about this. @Dee*Jay - I pulled the trigger on the original stone, the H SI1. Thanks so much for all your help.

Last edited:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I feel like it’s going to be longer than two weeks but my plastic mould/casts for the rings DK is making me just got shipped. I feel like there may be a few minor alterations still but we are on the home straight :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results