shape
carat
color
clarity

The two week club!

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
I'm in the two week club! Patiently waiting for a pair of studs from WF. They'll be .838 & .85/H/VS2 set in their 6 prong setting. My husband and I purchased them in celebration of our 14th wedding anniversary.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m in the two week club it seems like forever...My diamond huggies were made too small so he has to remake them. :cry2:

FutureGracie

Rough_Rock
I’m back in the waiting club! I ordered two matching wedding bands with diamonds and coloured stones!

I hope they look as nice as I imagine :kiss2:

Should arrive early next week! Yay!
Those are beautiful! Do you plan to wear them alone or wrapped around another ring?

FutureGracie

Rough_Rock
I'm in the two week club! Patiently waiting for a pair of studs from WF. They'll be .838 & .85/H/VS2 set in their 6 prong setting. My husband and I purchased them in celebration of our 14th wedding anniversary.
They sound like they will be lovely! I look forward to pics of course .

FutureGracie

Rough_Rock
I guess that I am in this club, HPD is swapping out a 2.21 F-SI1 CBI for a 2.18 E-VS1 that is within .01mm of the heavier diamond.
We look forward to before and after pics.

JT123

Shiny_Rock
307EABB7-A0B2-40C4-AB92-C6953A982E3C.jpeg I bought my diamond from a b&m (after returning my Whiteflash one).The store is extremely popular where I live and actually have a following here on PS. Most of my friends/family has used them and we bought DH’s wedding band here 20 years ago. We mentioned we’re shopping around online so pricing came down and rarecarat tells me I got quite the deal.
I will hopefully get it in 2 weeks!8-) I know DH is thrilled I finally found the one...I’m super picky ha ha. I had sales rep put the diamond in every light situation possible to confirm it’s super sparkly.Here it is,1.75. Not mounted yet so that’s why prongs look strange.

Last edited:

southernicetea

Shiny_Rock
I'm in the two week club waiting for the re-setting of my engagement ring. I had modified the Vatche U113 and the changes were very different than what I had envisioned, so we're switching out the basket for Vatche's original basket.

Sadly I was supposed to get this before the end of April, but there was a "casting failure." I'm not sure what a casting failure is, but I'm glad they caught it! Now May 9th can't come fast enough! :appl:

My fiance keeps calling the ring "my precious" because of how much I love it. We seriously need a better nickname for it. :roll2:

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
307EABB7-A0B2-40C4-AB92-C6953A982E3C.jpeg I bought my diamond from a b&m (after returning my Whiteflash one).The store is extremely popular where I live and actually have a following here on PS. Most of my friends/family has used them and we bought DH’s wedding band here 20 years ago. We mentioned we’re shopping around online so pricing came down and rarecarat tells me I got quite the deal.
I will hopefully get it in 2 weeks!8-) I know DH is thrilled I finally found the one...I’m super picky ha ha. I had sales rep put the diamond in every light situation possible to confirm it’s super sparkly.Here it is,1.75. Not mounted yet so that’s why prongs look strange.

We PSers and WF fans will be looking for lots of details and pictures of this one! Can you share the certificate details? Maybe too nosy, but would love to hear the details of your purchase, like price (sorry I feel so rude asking that, lol) and certificate details. The beauty of the internet is that you can pretend you didn’t see my questions, haha. I totally understand if you don’t want to share, but I had to ask :whistle:

The main object of all our advice is so that people like us get a diamond that they love, you sound very happy, so I am very happy for you! It sounds like you found the perfect ending for your diamond journey hunt! My diamond is about the same size and I think it’s the perfect size ... certainly looks that way to me on your beautiful hand! Congratulations! :wavey:

Those are beautiful! Do you plan to wear them alone or wrapped around another ring?

Thank you! I plan to wear them around my diamond ring ... they are supposed to arrive tomorrow!

B1B93503-F345-4FF2-9350-8EF9A183E046.jpeg

JT123

Shiny_Rock
We PSers and WF fans will be looking for lots of details and pictures of this one! Can you share the certificate details? Maybe too nosy, but would love to hear the details of your purchase, like price (sorry I feel so rude asking that, lol) and certificate details. The beauty of the internet is that you can pretend you didn’t see my questions, haha. I totally understand if you don’t want to share, but I had to ask :whistle:

The main object of all our advice is so that people like us get a diamond that they love, you sound very happy, so I am very happy for you! It sounds like you found the perfect ending for your diamond journey hunt! My diamond is about the same size and I think it’s the perfect size ... certainly looks that way to me on your beautiful hand! Congratulations! :wavey:

Thank you! I plan to wear them around my diamond ring ... they are supposed to arrive tomorrow!

B1B93503-F345-4FF2-9350-8EF9A183E046.jpeg
My diamond is GIA ex cut,EX symentary & polish,7.73 - 7.78 x 4.72 mm, H color ,SI1 eye-clean,no fluorescent. My husband was concerned with it being a SI1. He looked at in under the loupe to make sure.
It’s a 60/60 which I know has a bad rap on here. It has angles PS recommends-crown angle 33 with pavilion 41.
I plan on having it independently appraised.
I paid little under 13K at Joe Escobar.
At first I was adamantly opposed to the 60/60. (I know it’s not very popular on PS lol)Of course I spent a lot of time on here researching. I read a 60/60 can be breathtaking-don’t limit yourself to only superideal proportions if you come across one.
I decided to put it on hold and came back with my husband to get his opinion. He confirmed it was a sparkler and best we’ve seen!
Joe Escobar has a 30 day return period, after 30 days they’ll give you a credit. I like their upgrade policy. They’ll give you 100% credit towards an upgrade but it must cost 25% more in value.
Your diamond is just amazing!!:-o

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
I'm in the 2 day club. Have a substantial 5 carat, 5 stone emerald cut ring (I have massive hands) on its way from Gesmer's in Tampa. Should be here tomorrow morning. My first really big bling.

Ack.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
My diamond is GIA ex cut,EX symentary & polish,7.73 - 7.78 x 4.72 mm, H color ,SI1 eye-clean,no fluorescent. My husband was concerned with it being a SI1. He looked at in under the loupe to make sure.
It’s a 60/60 which I know has a bad rap on here. It has angles PS recommends-crown angle 33 with pavilion 41.
I plan on having it independently appraised.
I paid little under 13K at Joe Escobar.
At first I was adamantly opposed to the 60/60. (I know it’s not very popular on PS lol)Of course I spent a lot of time on here researching. I read a 60/60 can be breathtaking-don’t limit yourself to only superideal proportions if you come across one.
I decided to put it on hold and came back with my husband to get his opinion. He confirmed it was a sparkler and best we’ve seen!
Joe Escobar has a 30 day return period, after 30 days they’ll give you a credit. I like their upgrade policy. They’ll give you 100% credit towards an upgrade but it must cost 25% more in value.
Your diamond is just amazing!!:-o

I think the numbers and stats of your diamond are great! 60 table is still quite acceptable ... it’s just when people pick a stone because it’s 60/60 and ignore that there is more to it ... it’s always about how all the angles work together. It sounds like you did a lot of homework and so I hope that you rest easy and enjoy your diamond!!

Before I go, I hope you don’t mind one last PS advice type comment because you still have 30 days: I do hope that you had a chance to compare in direct sunlight ... imo, this will show the difference in performance the most (looking for large blinding flashes of colour and white light ... also expect diamond to “go dark” in the sunlight). Sorry if this is all repeat unsolicited advice. Also, you can make an ASET scope or buy one if you want to check the light performance, or even just for fun. Maybe you’re already sure about this diamond, and that’s all good, I just have to be that over-cautious type :shifty:

(ps thanks I love my diamond and hope you love yours just as much!)

JT123

Shiny_Rock
I think the numbers and stats of your diamond are great! 60 table is still quite acceptable ... it’s just when people pick a stone because it’s 60/60 and ignore that there is more to it ... it’s always about how all the angles work together. It sounds like you did a lot of homework and so I hope that you rest easy and enjoy your diamond!!

Before I go, I hope you don’t mind one last PS advice type comment because you still have 30 days: I do hope that you had a chance to compare in direct sunlight ... imo, this will show the difference in performance the most (looking for large blinding flashes of colour and white light ... also expect diamond to “go dark” in the sunlight). Sorry if this is all repeat unsolicited advice. Also, you can make an ASET scope or buy one if you want to check the light performance, or even just for fun. Maybe you’re already sure about this diamond, and that’s all good, I just have to be that over-cautious type :shifty:

(ps thanks I love my diamond and hope you love yours just as much!)
Thank you! Yes I did! I ran outside with the owner and checked it in direct & in-direct lighting. Also inside in the dark, away from lights etc. It shined like crazy,with flashes of lights. I’m so pleased with the size. I was contemplating jumping up to a 2 carat but I think the 1.75 is the perfect size for my 5.5 finger. Do you get your ring today? I can’t wait to see pics

Last edited:

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
Oh no! What's wrong with it?

I know most PSers will laugh, but it's too big. Great finger coverage, but the 3 stones aren't stepped much, and it sits too high on my finger. Just too much for me to wear every day.

Last edited:

southernicetea

Shiny_Rock
I know most PSers will laugh, but it's too big. Great finger coverage, but the 3 stones aren't stepped much, and it sits too high on my finger. Just too much for me to wear every day.

Ah, what a bummer! Well, as they say, size isn't everything. :roll2:

Good luck on your search!

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock

At least you got to see, and you have to love it, for sure. The hunt is so much fun though, and continues! : )

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! Yes I did! I ran outside with the owner and checked it in direct & in-direct lighting. Also inside in the dark, away from lights etc. It shined like crazy,with flashes of lights. I’m so pleased with the size. I was contemplating jumping up to a 2 carat but I think the 1.75 is the perfect size for my 5.5 finger. Do you get your ring today? I can’t wait to see pics

I’m so happy for you! Honestly, this is what keeps me on PS ... whenever someone gets a diamond that they love, I get a big kick out of it! How selfish is that? Hahaha.

I guess PS makes me feel more normal ... no one in my circle knows what diamond joy is ... but I do, so I can relate to others’ diamond joy and get my fix on these forums!

My diamond is about the same size as yours (7.69 mm) and I find it a perfect size ... 2 carats is only .5 mm larger but is slightly bulkier all around ....for everyday wear, I have never aspired for a 2 carat and thought 1.5 would be my limit ... I keep expecting DSS but it has not set in yet as whenever my hand ends up on a shop countertop I am surprised by how big it looks to me. We’ll see what happens to each of us, I guess .. haha we both may end up with 2 carats or more yet :wink2:

I did receive my rings and I love them! They do change the look of the engagement type ring entirely ... maybe even too much but I”m getting used to the new look. I haven’t had a chance to take too many pictures yet. I have a couple here but they’re not very good and don’t do them justice, as with almost all diamond photos. I don’t plan to have them soldered together so will always have the option of wearing the e-ring without the bands or with only one etc.

I hope you post lots of pictures of your new diamond!! Congratulations!! :wavey:

733F9D0C-911E-4D98-809F-8942D68BF674.jpeg 546C027C-4F0C-48E0-862B-7917C8D5BAE4.jpeg F0C09775-D2F0-46B9-9D32-3E6BC4D1A6A0.jpeg 27C68117-5AAB-49BF-AB56-6FCC28CBA8C1.jpeg A102CBEE-B062-46DE-9DF9-972F9C11E911.jpeg

ETA: Emerald, aquamarine, enhanced yellow diamond, amethyst, pink sapphire, ruby ... all diamonds are F H&A VS

Last edited:

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
I’m so happy for you! Honestly, this is what keeps me on PS ... whenever someone gets a diamond that they love, I get a big kick out of it! How selfish is that? Hahaha.

I guess PS makes me feel more normal ... no one in my circle knows what diamond joy is ... but I do, so I can relate to others’ diamond joy and get my fix on these forums!

My diamond is about the same size as yours (7.69 mm) and I find it a perfect size ... 2 carats is only .5 mm larger but is slightly bulkier all around ....for everyday wear, I have never aspired for a 2 carat and thought 1.5 would be my limit ... I keep expecting DSS but it has not set in yet as whenever my hand ends up on a shop countertop I am surprised by how big it looks to me. We’ll see what happens to each of us, I guess .. haha we both may end up with 2 carats or more yet :wink2:

I did receive my rings and I love them! They do change the look of the engagement type ring entirely ... maybe even too much but I”m getting used to the new look. I haven’t had a chance to take too many pictures yet. I have a couple here but they’re not very good and don’t do them justice, as with almost all diamond photos. I don’t plan to have them soldered together so will always have the option of wearing the e-ring without the bands or with only one etc.

I hope you post lots of pictures of your new diamond!! Congratulations!! :wavey:

733F9D0C-911E-4D98-809F-8942D68BF674.jpeg 546C027C-4F0C-48E0-862B-7917C8D5BAE4.jpeg F0C09775-D2F0-46B9-9D32-3E6BC4D1A6A0.jpeg 27C68117-5AAB-49BF-AB56-6FCC28CBA8C1.jpeg A102CBEE-B062-46DE-9DF9-972F9C11E911.jpeg

ETA: Emerald, aquamarine, enhanced yellow diamond, amethyst, pink sapphire, ruby ... all diamonds are F H&A VS

Beautiful new rings!!
I likely missed this, but is your ER OEC? It's gorgeous!!!

Also, completely understand your PS motivations ; ) not selfish at all to support others who share your love of gems ; ) I feel like I've found "my people" on here lol <3

FutureGracie

Rough_Rock

I love the dash of color with your ring. I think the set is just stunning.

JT123

Shiny_Rock

WOW I adore your set! I love how you can stack your solitaire (or is it a Halo?) with other rings. I can't wait to stack my new e-ring. My current ring has bow-tie shank, it just looks weird stacking rings with it.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I'm excited to be part of this club, as it's my very first made-for-me piece for a belated Mother's day present. It will be a DBTY style bracelet with 5 fancy colored diamonds for my five kiddos. DK is making it for me. I just can't wait!

L

lydial

That is so fun and unique! I love your set!!!

GeliL

Shiny_Rock
I am looking to get a 5 stone from DBL, got the first one but now wanting to find out if the second one is better. Both look beautiful and I am excited though!

Screenshot_20190518_173634.jpg Screenshot_20190518_173649.jpg

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I am hoping that I will have a finished piece in two weeks. My stone got to Caysie the first week of May, so I'm hoping it will be set and finished by the next two weeks! The side stones need set and the antiquing need added to and then the final polish. She sent a picture of the stone in the unfinished setting. It should turn out great! Image-211.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results