shape
carat
color
clarity

The two week club!

DiamondGal28

Rough_Rock
32659631-BE65-42C2-BB05-FF5B79F463C7.jpeg I was supposed to be in the two week club but it took me 2 months to get my ring because it also went in to be appraised. Here she finally is.
Future Gracie - Your ring turned out beautifully! What a stunning piece!

FutureGracie

Rough_Rock
Got some pics last night from DK of my bracelet. Here's the sneak peek. I love it! DKJPV19 BRCLT(2019-06-18)-  ---3.jpg
Oh that is nice can’t wait to see how it turns out. Hope you are planning on posting pics and telling us more about this bracelet.

DiamondGal28

Rough_Rock
Thank you DiamondGal . I really hope you get that ring on your bucket list .

That bucket list mock up really is special! But I have a 20th anniversary ring in the works with DBL sooo I think I need to wait on a pink diamond for a while. I will be part of the 2 week club in about 3 weeks though! :dance:

FutureGracie

Rough_Rock
That bucket list mock up really is special! But I have a 20th anniversary ring in the works with DBL sooo I think I need to wait on a pink diamond for a while. I will be part of the 2 week club in about 3 weeks though! :dance:
Oh I love DBL! Can’t wait to see your anniversary ring!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh! I have to look at everyone’s new pretties..I have a few thing coming..in diamonds..I also have an unmentionable coming but won’t mention that unless someone wants to see it..
I just bought a little antique asscher diamond stacking ring. It has a lovely inscription inside. I would like opinions on if I should have it rubbed out or kept. I will be getting it in a week.. @JPie I know you love old things. What do you think? Thanks!
A95EEF93-9A8F-4B03-8876-8D757D964B65.jpeg 9246078A-A919-4351-8E75-946B3ADCD68A.jpeg 7C269BAD-1F09-43D3-8318-AB5D0069824D.jpeg FCEEB182-3E38-4943-B9DE-8FBCBA48F285.jpeg E31262DE-782A-4DA2-89B8-1D04C394C77C.jpeg

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also have a DBTY diamond bracelet coming from DK..It was a necklace but I never wore it. I had him cut it down and make it into a bracelet.
He just resized a vintage diamond baby cluster ring..That’s coming together with the bracelet and the unmentionable.
I’ve been on fire..:oops2: I also bought a preloved yellow gold diamond eternity band. Everything is coming Monday..except for the eternity band..which may come Tuesday...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Waiting on this Victorian 7-stone beauty. I’ve been looking for an emerald ring and I love the elongated OMCs too. Photo is from The Moonstoned on IG.

E9A35BFC-BDAC-40DF-AB3C-7FC3357A47A3.jpeg
It’s beautiful @JPie! Do you know when it’s coming? :appl:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
May I hang out in your clubhouse even though I have an 8 week wait???

Husband and I ordered a CBI custom cut. (2.5 ct, D, VS1) Presently, it is finished being cut (whoop!) and is being graded at AGS. I'm working with Layla on the CADs for a simple solitaire setting. I'm super excited because this is my first large jewelry purchase. Yes, I have a few fairly nice pieces of jewelry, but this is the first one that's 'big time' (at least in my book, perhaps for some folks it is small fish.) It is the "ring to rule them all" LOL (at least for me) and is something I've dreamed about since I was a little girl. Seriously, I knew I wanted a decent sized, very high quality diamond since I was 8 years old.

I developed a love affair with jewelry while going to antique fairs in NY, Philly and DC as a child with my parents. My dad sold antique Chinese porcelain and often had a booth at the shows. I was left alone to wander the convention centers and ALWAYS ended up at the antique jewelry venders -- rings, cameos, "lovers eyes," even that creepy mourning jewelry made from dead people's hair -- all fascinated me. I still remember trying on a diamond and ruby ring and thinking to myself "One day, I'm going to have something as beautiful as this!"

Well, that day has ALMOST arrived!!! I'm working in France this summer (away from my dear sweet husband in the US -- the distance is KILLING us!!! Neither of us can eat or sleep much being apart.) Before I left for France, we flew to Idaho and visited Wink to see CBI diamonds in person. I was sold on the CBIs as soon as I saw them. Husband and I visited Whiteflash a couple weeks prior, and while their diamonds are very beautiful, and their staff are super professional, the CBIs just had that extra "je ne sais quoi." So we placed a custom order.

I have to say that going the custom cut route is much more exciting for us than just purchasing one already cut. Yes, I know it comes with risks. But we feel like we are hatching a sparkly chicken from an egg. It makes us that much more invested, going from a rough crystal to a diamond, to a ring. It draws out the process, and while the wait is hard, it is also delicious. In a way, it reminds us of our courtship. And the ring is a symbol of our love and our 14 years of teamwork in marriage to get to where we are today.

So anyway, our little diamond baby is done cutting and off to AGS for grading and Layla and I are working on CADs.

At the end of the summer, when my work project in France is done, my husband is flying here to pick me up and accompany me home. If all goes well (setting-wise, AGS grading-wise) then he'll bring the ring with him and we'll have it in time to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary in France, where we had our honeymoon.

So I'd love to hang out with you guys in your 2 week wait clubhouse if you'll have me. :love:

PS: Thank you @Wink !

Last edited:

DiamondGal28

Rough_Rock

Husband and I ordered a CBI custom cut. (2.5 ct, D, VS1) Presently, it is finished being cut (whoop!) and is being graded at AGS. I'm working with Layla on the CADs for a simple solitaire setting. I'm super excited because this is my first large jewelry purchase. Yes, I have a few fairly nice pieces of jewelry, but this is the first one that's 'big time' (at least in my book, perhaps for some folks it is small fish.) It is the "ring to rule them all" LOL (at least for me) and is something I've dreamed about since I was a little girl. Seriously, I knew I wanted a decent sized, very high quality diamond since I was 8 years old.

I developed a love affair with jewelry while going to antique fairs in NY, Philly and DC as a child with my parents. My dad sold antique Chinese porcelain and often had a booth at the shows. I was left alone to wander the convention centers and ALWAYS end up at the antique jewelry venders -- rings, cameos, "lovers eyes," even that creepy mourning jewelry made from dead people's hair -- all fascinated me. I still remember trying on a diamond and ruby ring and thinking to myself "One day, I'm going to have something as beautiful as this!"

Well, that day has ALMOST arrived!!! I'm working in France this summer (away from my dear sweet husband in the US -- the distance is KILLING us!!! Neither of us can eat or sleep much being apart.) Before I left for France, we flew to Idaho and visited Wink to see CBI diamonds in person. I was sold on the CBIs as soon as I saw them. Husband and I visited Whiteflash a couple weeks prior, and while their diamonds are very beautiful, and their staff are super professional, the CBIs just had that extra "je ne sais pas." So we placed a custom order.

I have to say that going the custom cut route is much more exciting for us than just purchasing one already cut. Yes, I know it comes with risks. But we feel like we are hatching a sparkly chicken from an egg. It makes us that much more invested, going from a rough crystal to a diamond, to a ring. It draws out the process, and while the wait is hard, it is also delicious. In a way, it reminds us of our courtship. And the ring is a symbol of our love and our 14 years of teamwork in marriage to get to where we are today.

So anyway, our little diamond baby is done cutting and off to AGS for grading and Layla and I are working on CADs.

At the end of the summer, when my work project in France is done, my husband is flying here to pick me up and accompany me home. If all goes well (setting-wise, AGS grading-wise) then he'll bring the ring with him and we'll have it in time to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary in France, where we had our honeymoon.

So I'd love to hang out with you guys in your 2 week wait clubhouse if you'll have me. :love:

How exciting and welcome!! Can’t wait to see how it turns out!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh! I have to look at everyone’s new pretties..I have a few thing coming..in diamonds..I also have an unmentionable coming but won’t mention that unless someone wants to see it..
I just bought a little antique asscher diamond stacking ring. It has a lovely inscription inside. I would like opinions on if I should have it rubbed out or kept. I will be getting it in a week.. @JPie I know you love old things. What do you think? Thanks!
A95EEF93-9A8F-4B03-8876-8D757D964B65.jpeg 9246078A-A919-4351-8E75-946B3ADCD68A.jpeg 7C269BAD-1F09-43D3-8318-AB5D0069824D.jpeg FCEEB182-3E38-4943-B9DE-8FBCBA48F285.jpeg E31262DE-782A-4DA2-89B8-1D04C394C77C.jpeg

Nooooooooooo! Don't you dare have that lovely inscription rubbed out! That is someone's love and a bit of history! The inscription makes that piece poetic and beautiful and elevates it from from its purely material value.

Growing up we had silver napkin rings that we used for Sunday and holiday dinners. Each was antique and had a lovely named engraved on it -- they weren't family pieces, just ones we collected. I remember loving the old fashioned, feminine names such as "Amelia." They were always conversation pieces, we'd wonder who these ladies were and would image elegant, Belle Epoque dinner parties.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nooooooooooo! Don't you dare have that lovely inscription rubbed out! That is someone's love and a bit of history! The inscription makes that piece poetic and beautiful and elevates it from from its purely material value.

Growing up we had silver napkin rings that we used for Sunday and holiday dinners. Each was antique and had a lovely named engraved on it -- they weren't family pieces, just ones we collected. I remember loving the old fashioned, feminine names such as "Amelia." They were always conversation pieces, we'd wonder who these ladies were and would image elegant, Belle Epoque dinner parties.
I love that you had the names engraved on
the napkin rings..I’m glad you said that. My mother thought it was creepy. I think my friends would think so too. I loved it but questioned if I was weird that I liked it.:mrgreen2:

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
This week feels like it's going to crawl sloth like with me waiting for my ring to be finished!! Pricescope has turned me into a nutcase lol.
My jeweller is amazing though and I personal service, he came to my workplace and we sat in my lunch break and talked about the design and I had a couple of inspiration photos, he's a fabulous man!
I'm super excited!!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I’m so sorry, I don’t know how I missed this! That is such an unusual step cut. It looks more like a carre cut than an Asscher to me. I can’t wait to see how it looks on your hand!

I’d also say keep the inscription, but I’m biased because I like the bit of history that it can tell.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so sorry, I don’t know how I missed this! That is such an unusual step cut. It looks more like a carre cut than an Asscher to me. I can’t wait to see how it looks on your hand!

I’d also say keep the inscription, but I’m biased because I like the bit of history that it can tell.
I also love old things. I have a chest from 1850.. I always wonder who loved it before me. I bought it when I was in my 30’s. That piece has traveled with me all over the country during our moves. The new house never felt at home until it arrived. I had it crated each move even though it’s not super expensive. I just love it..

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m adding myself to this club! I finally took the plunge and decided to buy a butterfly bracelet that I found at a store in Britain. They would only ship to British addresses though. So I had it shipped to someone in London who inspected it for me and will be shipping it to me in the US hopefully this week. I can’t wait to get it. I’ve been looking for something similar for the past four years!
Here is the original bracelet (Zina) I found four years ago compared with the one I just purchased (Messika brand from Hugh Rice). I originally purchased the Zina bracelet back in May 2015 but returned it bc two of the diamonds were damaged/ very included and the bracelet was too short. I immediately regretted it but when I tried to purchase it again, it had been sold and Zina never made another one.
The old and new bracelets look very similar to me with the exception of the two small diamond bezels on the bracelet chain and the extra hoops at the end (of the Messika one). I actually prefer it that way anyway.
Zina bracelet-
D877EC62-D41B-4758-AA86-B6D63D13B8D6.jpeg 253A7B23-30DC-4DEB-B02E-9C09279A2E36.jpeg E8D782EA-223F-460E-89AA-04EC9D8809D0.jpeg
Messika bracelet-
F382B56B-CD63-4A44-8999-B2F2217EEAF9.jpeg BCA41A40-A4F9-4B2E-B29C-08864B6D6D77.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m adding myself to this club! I finally took the plunge and decided to buy a butterfly bracelet that I found at a store in Britain. They would only ship to British addresses though. So I had it shipped to someone in London who inspected it for me and will be shipping it to me in the US hopefully this week. I can’t wait to get it. I’ve been looking for something similar for the past four years!
Here is the original bracelet (Zina) I found four years ago compared with the one I just purchased (Messika brand from Hugh Rice). I originally purchased the Zina bracelet back in May 2015 but returned it bc two of the diamonds were damaged/ very included and the bracelet was too short. I immediately regretted it but when I tried to purchase it again, it had been sold and Zina never made another one.
The old and new bracelets look very similar to me with the exception of the two small diamond bezels on the bracelet chain and the extra hoops at the end (of the Messika one). I actually prefer it that way anyway.
Zina bracelet-
D877EC62-D41B-4758-AA86-B6D63D13B8D6.jpeg 253A7B23-30DC-4DEB-B02E-9C09279A2E36.jpeg E8D782EA-223F-460E-89AA-04EC9D8809D0.jpeg
Messika bracelet-
F382B56B-CD63-4A44-8999-B2F2217EEAF9.jpeg BCA41A40-A4F9-4B2E-B29C-08864B6D6D77.jpeg
It’s so pretty! I remember you mentioning your Zina bracelet...I’m happy you found this one!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zina bracelet-
Messika bracelet-

It is beautiful Kayla - can't wait to see hand shots!!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Ladies! I’m excited! I did purchase the VCA Alhambra sweet butterfly bracelet to appease myself but returned it bc it just wasn’t what I wanted. I think this one is it. Well it better be bc I can’t return it now unless I fly over to England! :mrgreen2:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo! Mambean girl this is some glorious pieces coming to you! I wouldn't take out the engraving, but that is me, for me it's part of the charm and love over time of diamonds!

great taste as usual lady!

I also have a DBTY diamond bracelet coming from DK..It was a necklace but I never wore it. I had him cut it down and make it into a bracelet.
He just resized a vintage diamond baby cluster ring..That’s coming together with the bracelet and the unmentionable.
I’ve been on fire..:oops2: I also bought a preloved yellow gold diamond eternity band. Everything is coming Monday..except for the eternity band..which may come Tuesday...

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kayla! it's exquisite.. truly unique and beautiful. Looking forward to the SMTB thread!

Zina bracelet-
Messika bracelet-

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A CBI 2.50ct D color, girl you are running with the big boys BIG TIME.. it's going to be unbelievable! cannot wait to see it, I'm a total solitaire grandma, for ME there is nothing like a diamond alone, shouting out.. look at me! I love halos on CS's, and yellow diamonds etc... have you been chatting at all with @cflutist ? she has the MOST beautiful collection of CBI diamonds around, that I know of anyway.. her rings are superb! (she has a gold flute too).. she is a great person. I cannot WAIT to see your ring.. congratulations on a choice of stone by superb people who sell the best. I am a ACA girl because I started with them, I would love a CBI, sort of like wanting to round out my collection ;-) I think @Wink is a real upright guy and you can't go wrong. Viva la France btw! I read today Paris was to be 100F.. last time I was in Paris it was 90 degress and I melted.

I developed a love affair with jewelry while going to antique fairs in NY, Philly and DC as a child with my parents. My dad sold antique Chinese porcelain and often had a booth at the shows. I was left alone to wander the convention centers and ALWAYS ended up at the antique jewelry venders -- rings, cameos, "lovers eyes," even that creepy mourning jewelry made from dead people's hair -- all fascinated me. I still remember trying on a diamond and ruby ring and thinking to myself "One day, I'm going to have something as beautiful as this!"

Well, that day has ALMOST arrived!!! I'm working in France this summer (away from my dear sweet husband in the US -- the distance is KILLING us!!! Neither of us can eat or sleep much being apart.) Before I left for France, we flew to Idaho and visited Wink to see CBI diamonds in person. I was sold on the CBIs as soon as I saw them. Husband and I visited Whiteflash a couple weeks prior, and while their diamonds are very beautiful, and their staff are super professional, the CBIs just had that extra "je ne sais quoi." So we placed a custom order.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woohoo! Mambean girl this is some glorious pieces coming to you! I wouldn't take out the engraving, but that is me, for me it's part of the charm and love over time of diamonds!

great taste as usual lady!
Thank you @Tekate! I think the engraving is what sold me..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results