shape
carat
color
clarity

The two week club!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful indeed!! What is in the Tiffany box?

A plain 18K yellow gold wedding band. My original yellow band (33 years old size 5.5) and my Cartier yellow gold 4 mm band ( size 6 and the MOST comfortable ring) no longer fit:confused2:. This new band compliments my Cartier sapphire ring like it were made for it. Of course, I am biased. Me loves Tiffany. (and Cartier lol)
:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seriously the finest pearls I have every seen! The LUSTER!!!!!!! Very happy. pearls.png
They are gorgeous! The luster is unbelievable...How many mm are they?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
QUOTE="Mamabean, post: 4421512, member: 100549"]They are gorgeous! The luster is unbelievable...How many mm are they?[/QUOTE]is a cand

7.5-8. I really love them. I compared smaller and larger, but these for 'me'. My right lobe is a scandal and I will buy a plastic disc to assist behind that lobe to add value of "perkiness" . (sigh lol) But is not a "pearl' " issue. Mikomoto, got it.:appl:

cheer--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
QUOTE="Mamabean, post: 4421512, member: 100549"]They are gorgeous! The luster is unbelievable...How many mm are they?
is a cand

7.5-8. I really love them. I compared smaller and larger, but these for 'me'. My right lobe is a scandal and I will buy a plastic disc to assist behind that lobe to add value of "perkiness" . (sigh lol) But is not a "pearl' " issue. Mikomoto, got it.:appl:

cheer--Sharon[/QUOTE]
That’s the perfect size! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A plain 18K yellow gold wedding band. My original yellow band (33 years old size 5.5) and my Cartier yellow gold 4 mm band ( size 6 and the MOST comfortable ring) no longer fit:confused2:. This new band compliments my Cartier sapphire ring like it were made for it. Of course, I am biased. Me loves Tiffany. (and Cartier lol)
:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

A plain wedding band - nothing touches the heart quite like it! Would love to see pics of it paired with your sapphire ring!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously the finest pearls I have every seen! The LUSTER!!!!!!! Very happy. pearls.png

You know pearls are lookers when you can see individual fingers holding a camera reflected in them :cool2:

They must be amazingly bright and sharp IRL!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know pearls are lookers when you can see individual fingers holding a camera reflected in them :cool2:

They must be amazingly bright and sharp IRL!!

My DH noticed/said the same thing. I've even cleaned by jackets today (I am a lazy PS'er) to pair them together.:mrgreen2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH noticed/said the same thing. I've even cleaned by jackets today (I am a lazy PS'er) to pair them together.:mrgreen2:

Well, pony up the pics then :mrgreen2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pearl jacket.png
Lousy pic but the best I can do. I need those ear lobe savers to prop my earrings up. lol

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look so beautiful! Are you afraid the diamond jackets will scratch the pearl? You may have solved my problem..I have diamond earring jackets that I don’t wear with my smaller studs. Pearls would look beautiful! The sheen on them are amazing!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
that is the perfect size on you @canuk-gal :love:

Pearls and diamonds - such a luxe, timeless combo. @Mamabean what size are your jackets?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is the perfect size on you @canuk-gal :love:

Pearls and diamonds - such a luxe, timeless combo. @Mamabean what size are your jackets?
They fit my just under my 1 carat each studs. I think one is .95 and the other a little smaller than that. I would have to look it up. I never liked how my stud fit in it...Are they supposed to nestle right inside? I wondered if it’s the stud’s basket setting. They’re also a better quality than the studs..I wish they would fit into my larger well cut studs but they don’t. I don’t know what to do with the jackets.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look so beautiful! Are you afraid the diamond jackets will scratch the pearl? You may have solved my problem..I have diamond earring jackets that I don’t wear with my smaller studs. Pearls would look beautiful! The sheen on them are amazing!

Yes, I did think about the potential for scratching. :o Now I'll start to loupe my pearls....lol

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I did think about the potential for scratching. :o Now I'll start to loupe my pearls....lol
:lol-2: That’s okay..I loupe everything!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They fit my just under my 1 carat each studs. I think one is .95 and the other a little smaller than that. I would have to look it up. I never liked how my stud fit in it...Are they supposed to nestle right inside? I wondered if it’s the stud’s basket setting.

Y’know I always felt the same way about my jackets... with any flat-tabled centerstones... just didn’t really care for the “step” profile it created...

Rounded/cab centers always look so much better in jackets, to my eyes!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Y’know I always felt the same way about my jackets... with any flat-tabled centerstones... just didn’t really care for the “step” profile it created...

Rounded/cab centers always look so much better in jackets, to my eyes!
Exactly..I don’t like that the stud sits up higher..

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is beautiful with your ring! I still love a plain gold wedding band and Tiffany has beautiful ones. I take it that is the 2mm band?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful with your ring! I still love a plain gold wedding band and Tiffany has beautiful ones. I take it that is the 2mm band?

Thank you! Tiffany does have great bands. That said, I loved my Cartier plain yellow gold band--substantial, luxe, nice yellow gold color and best of all, comfort fit. But hands change and I wasn't going to resize it and change the original markings.

Yes it is the 2mm, round. Anything wider did not suit, nor did the knife edge. And it does look well "stacked" with my OLD (and benchmark:appl:) WF plat diamond band.

And MGR--you HTNOTH. Something about a plain gold wedding band. Something.:love:

cheers--Sharon

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Tiffany does have great bands. That said, I loved my Cartier plain yellow gold band--substantial, luxe, nice yellow gold color and best of all, comfort fit. But hands change and I wasn't going to resize it and change the original markings.

Yes it is the 2mm, round. Anything wider did not suit, nor did the knife edge. And it does look well "stacked" with my OLD (and benchmark:appl:) WF plat diamond band.

And MGR--you HTNOTH. Something about a plain gold wedding band. Something.:love:

cheers--Sharon

When I was first married, I had a 4 mm gold wedding band (still have it). I vowed to never take it off and didn't for ten years. Then with two kids and hands constantly in water my finger developed the worst eczema under the band. I finally got a 2 mm band to wear but through the years and through the upgrades, I finally started wearing other bands and came to the realization that I could not wear a ring all the time if I didn't want the skin torn up underneath. The 4 mm band is still too wide for me today as I have short fingers but a narrow gold band is both elegant and romantic to me. I'm always in awe of the royals and their bands made from Welsh gold - no matter their engagement ring. So timeless and classic to me.

You wear yours well - I just love the look!

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow those pearl earrings look unbelievable with the jackets! So stylish.

I also just bought a pearl pendant on ebay, I'm way too lazy to wear pearls (taking jewelry off while showering? nah, I'll forget and ruin them for sure), but it's gonna be perfect for my mom! She's been wanting a 12mm Tahitian pearl pendant for the longest time but never saw the right one at the right price (<$300 USD).

pearl.png

I know nothing about pearls but this came in at $280 and has a nice design, I only hope it's real/decent quality! At least the gold is hallmarked, so should be real pearl... right??

Also just now, I bought my first eternity ring!

firsteternity.png

A heart-wrecking last 10 second type auction with a lot of bidders. It's not even in my size but I fell for the charm of the half/half gold! Same price as the pearl pendant, so I think not bad.

And now the wait is on!

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Waiting for my custom cut Whiteflash ACA (3.60-3.65 ct G VS2) to be graded now by AGS and the wait is unbearably long... they estimated it should take about 2 weeks, and only a few days have passed now :cry2:

I was hoping to make a quick trip down to Houston with my BF to visit whiteflash and view the unset stone, but it looks like it may not be possible anymore timeline-wise... I know I can trust whiteflash to cut a fabulous stone, so it’s not critical, but it would have been fun, and would be an unfortunate missed opportunity...

From Houston, it will be sent to VC to be set. I then need to hunker down for another agonizing 4 week wait! :(2

I know frankiextah received from VC a few interim pictures of her setting in progress. Is this standard? Will I be receiving photos too without specifically asking?

Thanks so much!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waiting for my custom cut Whiteflash ACA (3.60-3.65 ct G VS2) to be graded now by AGS and the wait is unbearably long... they estimated it should take about 2 weeks, and only a few days have passed now :cry2:

I was hoping to make a quick trip down to Houston with my BF to visit whiteflash and view the unset stone, but it looks like it may not be possible anymore timeline-wise... I know I can trust whiteflash to cut a fabulous stone, so it’s not critical, but it would have been fun, and would be an unfortunate missed opportunity...

From Houston, it will be sent to VC to be set. I then need to hunker down for another agonizing 4 week wait! :(2

I know frankiextah received from VC a few interim pictures of her setting in progress. Is this standard? Will I be receiving photos too without specifically asking?

Thanks so much!

Did they tell you anything about the final weight or their opinion on color/clarity? The waiting must be so hard!

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am back in the wait club, although longer than 2 weeks. I got the final CAD for Lilliana today and so now CvB has the okay to start production. I am so excited! This is my second (and final) project (at least until some time next year).

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
@MissGotRocks nothing, nil, nada, niente, zilch!

That is definitely the hardest part! For all I know, it could come out with a lesser colour or clarity or smaller carat! :eek2:

If this were the case, I would be entitled to a full refund, if I chose to forego the stone.

Hopefully, it falls within (or fingers and toes crossed) above the parameters. Here’s hoping... and waiting... and waiting...

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MissGotRocks nothing, nil, nada, niente, zilch!

That is definitely the hardest part! For all I know, it could come out with a lesser colour or clarity or smaller carat! :eek2:

If this were the case, I would be entitled to a full refund, if I chose to forego the stone.

Hopefully, it falls within (or fingers and toes crossed) above the parameters. Here’s hoping... and waiting... and waiting...

omg, I'd be going nuts waiting. You'd think they coulda weighed the sucker really quickly for you!

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
omg, I'd be going nuts waiting. You'd think they coulda weighed the sucker really quickly for you!

So true!! Perhaps I will shoot an email over to Brittany at Whiteflash to see if they’ve started...

Unfortunately, a preliminary carat weight might not be so relevant if it turns out the stone doesn’t meet ACA standards and needs to be sent back to Belgium for further finishing...

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I am in this group now! I’ll have the cad on Monday.

Doing a 3 stone in a plat trellis setting... ring made by the team at High Performance Diamonds.

2 Crafted by Infinity rounds. .56G si2 and .57f Si1. Center is a 1.62 oval Ceylon blue sapphire with violet undertones from Gary at Finewater gems.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results