shape
carat
color
clarity

The thing you brag about the most?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so maybe BRAG isn't the right word. Or it is, if you remove the negative connotations.

My wonderful husband and my amazing cats. LOL. And not in that order.
27.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m probably too self deprecating to brag/boast about anything. But if there was one thing, it''s probably how well TGuy helps Amelia. I probably say it more out of shock than anything, lol. Plus some of the fathers in my circle of friends are SO BAD when it comes to pitching in that it makes TGuy look that much better.

Oh, and I speak highly of my mom and brother.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
age 3 -- my ability to read
age 5 -- my new puppy
age 10 -- writing the school play
age 12 -- sewing skills
age 16 -- published in local paper
age 17 -- getting into my chosen college early decision w/ partial scholarship
age 19 -- graduating early
age 20 -- writing credit
age 22 -- producer credit
age 23 -- being able to get out of bed in the am
age 23-27 -- consistently white-knuckling through life''s ups & downs
age 27-35 -- learning the meaning of balance & the benefits of therapy
age 35 -- bought house
age 36 -- my new puppy (redux)
age 37 -- tolerance of emotional intimacy
age 40 -- made it to 40!
age 41 -- how much smarter I am than anyone younger than me (j/k!!!)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 2:15:37 PM
Author: decodelighted
age 3 -- my ability to read
age 5 -- my new puppy
age 10 -- writing the school play
age 12 -- sewing skills
age 16 -- published in local paper
age 17 -- getting into my chosen college early decision w/ partial scholarship
age 19 -- graduating early
age 20 -- writing credit
age 22 -- producer credit
age 23 -- being able to get out of bed in the am
age 23-27 -- consistently white-knuckling through life''s ups & downs
age 27-35 -- learning the meaning of balance & the benefits of therapy
age 35 -- bought house
age 36 -- my new puppy (redux)
age 37 -- tolerance of emotional intimacy
age 40 -- made it to 40!
age 41 -- how much smarter I am than anyone younger than me (j/k!!!)
It took you until THREE to learn how to read?!

Pah.

16.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Deco, too funny.

Right now...how amazing my BF is and how amazing his new puppy is. We both have amazing furbabies.

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
I am very proud of my two sons, who I give a geat deal of credit , since their "Dad" hardly does a thing for them.
They work hard, have a good deal of integrity, and considers the source when it comes to their Dad being so
unwilling to help them out with anything. Showing Moral support, financial assistance not there, but when there is something to celebrate, Dad shows up... They take it all in stride.

I do not "Brag" - just acknowledge they have turned out the way they have.

There is something that does not sit right with me when Moms go on and on about how cute, great, etc their kids are...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our furbabies, definitely. After all, they are the most incredible little furbabies that ever lived.
11.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Husband - I can''t help it, he''s amazing. I have such a hard time stopping myself from saying "Sorry, I don''t have that issue!" when my friends complain about their SOs.

The other thing that I brag about is my work. I''m really proud of what I do.

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
I have to add.. My husband.. He is so kind and considerate to Everyone... he also has been working all day and then comes home and works on home rennovations ( some times until 3 in the AM )

He also cleans, cook, and picks up after himself. He is a great husband, Dad, and Stepfather to my boys. My boys really Love him.. which is great since it has been the three of us from age 5 - 21.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hm ... thing I honestly brag about most? Finding nifty-gitchy deals on deeply cool things. I just found a vintage blue velvet opera coat with a violet silk lining for $50! Go me!

But that''s because I''d feel bad actually bragging about how lucky I feel about most of the things in my life to friends who weren''t in the same space. I think I brag about things that are doable, as opposed to things that might inspire the wrong kind of envy, the kind that makes people feel bad about where they are. Hopefully the opera coat won''t inspire any personal negativity.
37.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 2:19:30 PM
Author: TravelingGal
age 12 -- sewing skills
Pah.
16.gif
LOL ... I see I''m the opposite of you braggy-wise ... thought it was interesting how much my perspective has changed over the years ... but my FAVE hysterical memory was the "sewing skills" period. At that time I''d heard that everyone has a special gift, and I was pretty sure mine was superior stitchery. That is, until I was set straight by a particularly ambitious/deluded "full velour sweatsuit with piping" project. The devestation was right up there with figuring out I did not have the right stuff to be a pro skateboarder/Miss. America.
7.gif
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 2:36:26 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 3/31/2009 2:19:30 PM

age 12 -- sewing skills
Pah.
16.gif
LOL ... I see I'm the opposite of you braggy-wise ... thought it was interesting how much my perspective has changed over the years ... but my FAVE hysterical memory was the 'sewing skills' period. At that time I'd heard that everyone has a special gift, and I was pretty sure mine was superior stitchery. That is, until I was set straight by a particularly ambitious/deluded 'full velour sweatsuit with piping' project. The devestation was right up there with figuring out I did not have the right stuff to be a pro skateboarder/Miss. America.
7.gif
9.gif
Deco, I sewed for years, so I understand how a "full velour sweatsuit with piping" project could BRING YOU TO YOUR KNEES. I sewed my formal satin gown for my piano recital. I took piano for 12 years and could barely read music (don't ask me how). At my recital, both my recital piece and recital dress were nothing to write home about. In fact, it all was just barely hanging by a thread!!

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 1:59:18 PM
I'm probably too self deprecating to brag/boast about anything. But if there was one thing, it's probably how well TGuy helps Amelia. I probably say it more out of shock than anything, lol. Plus some of the fathers in my circle of friends are SO BAD when it comes to pitching in that it makes TGuy look that much better.

Oh, and I speak highly of my mom and brother.
Ditto on everything. (shocking!
2.gif
)
Except there's no kid, so just how BF is, generally. And that, I can't brag about even if I wanted to because it makes all my friends mad at their SOs
6.gif

courtney5638

Rough_Rock
My furbabies of course. I don''t know what I would do without them.
1.gif

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The hubs. Everything else comes second to that. He''s the best.

Although Deco''s list reminds me of how I used to show off my cartwheel prowess. I was so fast, no one even got a peek at those undies! Yes, I did used to cartwheel in a dress, thank you very much.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I brag about how my son James is learning to speak. Its been a long time coming and he is trying so hard!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
My furries too. They are my pride and joy. I''m also extremely proud of D and everything that he does.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
My hubby; I just love him! My family and my nephews. hehe I feel blessed to have all of them in my life
9.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
My husband. He takes such good care of me and he is so kind and considerate to all. My dog is pretty amazing too, but I tend to brag about some of his extracurricular activities that I won''t gross you out with here.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Our kids and grandgirls...at every opportunity.
9.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
2 kiddos, honestly they are great kids, I''m so proud of how they have grown and become responsible young adults.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well of course my DH and my boys.

I don''t really brag about this per se, but I am proud that I can almost always find a great bargain on what I am looking for. My friends call me all the time with requests to find them things discounted.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I'm with TGal on the self-deprecation. I struggle with faking narcissism when I have to
3.gif

There are lots of things in my life (my husband, my pup, my friends, my career - as frustrating as it can be at times) that I feel proud of, but I don't talk to others about them unless they ask. I brag to myself each night before bed
16.gif
and wake up happy to be who and where I am.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
LOL, Deco, 41 is priceless...

I would have to say my parents, my niece, and my FI. I could probably work on bragging about my FI more, if we're being honest. Though, I don't want him getting abig head or anything
11.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 2:26:06 PM
Author: Elmorton
Husband - I can''t help it, he''s amazing. I have such a hard time stopping myself from saying ''Sorry, I don''t have that issue!'' when my friends complain about their SOs.

The other thing that I brag about is my work. I''m really proud of what I do.
Ditto to both! My husband is fabulous, and I have a difficult time trying to keep a lid on it for other, less fortunate girlfriends.
6.gif

I also am incredibly proud of my career, and where I am at this point in my life.
3.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
My dog by far. FI is a wonderful man, but can''t beat the stories I get from my dog :)

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 3:42:52 PM
Author: neatfreak
Well of course my DH and my boys.

I don''t really brag about this per se, but I am proud that I can almost always find a great bargain on what I am looking for. My friends call me all the time with requests to find them things discounted.
I like this!!
I''m the same way..proud of the fact that I have a "nose for value", and can find wonderful things at unheard of prices! My friends don''t ask me to find them things however..they don''t know how much I paid for any of my great finds..and I just let them keep thinking I spent fortunes!
31.gif
Maybe you should consider this as a business and charge a finders fee Neatfreak!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH because he works so hard, and my three beautiful kids!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Not bragging, just thankful amazement that I have such a good marriage. We had a great relationship before the wedding, so I don''t know why I''m surprised. I expected it to be much more of an adjustment than it''s been.

''Course, we haven''t bought a house together yet . . .
9.gif
I''ve heard that house buying, building, or renovating is the true litmus test for a marriage.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I dont brag, but I too am just incredibly thankful for my wonderful DH and the amazing relationship we share. He is truly my best friend.

I am also so thankful for my family. Amazing parents and siblings, we all are so supportive of one another. Im so lucky.
1.gif

Oh, and my doggie too!
1.gif
Love him to death!! And, honestly, I do brag about how smart and good-looking he is!!!! But it really is true!!!!
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results