shape
carat
color
clarity

The stone I got

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She''s the boss. If she prefers a light toned stone, then light it is.
2.gif

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
Lovely! I have been looking on and off for aquas. I LOVE the cut. You did a great job. Please post pictures when it is set!!!

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
That setting looks nice, but I don''t think it could even sell for that low
7.gif

I don''t trust eBay vendors, a big hint was the words spelled wrong but if you have it I might rethink it.
Most settings like that sell 500+ seems to good to be true.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Many many of us have purchased these settings on eBay without any real issues. :) They are at a great price point for the lower priced stones we purchase. Search LOGR, lan.bo4, or jewel2004 and you will see the threads.

For ex, these are LaurenThePartier's rings. I believe most of them are from the eBay China sellers.
original.aspx

original.aspx

This beauty is owned by Mochi (LOGR setting form eBay)
SSCN2843.JPG

And .. for the life of me .. I can't find a photo of one of my all time favorites.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truth be told is that a lot of the jewelry in the retail B&M stores is made in China, but sold at far higher prices than we get from our ebay sellers. So far, with the exception of one ring I returned, I've been very happy with LOGR quality for the pricepoint (I just wish he didn't raise his prices
8.gif
).

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2009 10:00:39 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Truth be told is that a lot of the jewelry in the retail B&M stores are made in China, but sold at far higher prices than we get from our ebay sellers. So far, with the exception of one ring I returned, I''ve been very happy with LOGR quality for the pricepoint (I just wish he didn''t raise his prices
8.gif
).
TL - You should know this one. There is a ring with a split shank (no diamonds) and a diamond halo ... with a large oval pink stone. Do you know which ring I am talking about? I just can''t remember who owns it!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look for Yingh''s reset of her orange RH recut spessartite. I don''t remember who owned that pink ring (it was a tourmaline I believe), but Yingh owns the same ring for her spessartite in two tone.

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
Well I might check them out, I didn''t realize almost all your guys settings came from there.. Maybe I will have to hunt down Frekechild for some help one day because she is amazing at picking out settings.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
She will probly wear this ring every single day though so I want to make sure it is great quality. Whats a "semi-mount"??

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2009 9:48:40 PM
Author: Ryon
She will probly wear this ring every single day though so I want to make sure it is great quality. Whats a 'semi-mount'??
Take a look at some mounts at Stuller. It's the setting without the stones. A semi-mount is a setting without the large center stone, but has the side stones.

http://www.stuller.com/products/listing.aspx?cid=2855

Your local jeweler can order a mount from Stuller to fit your stone, as an alternative to a chinese ebay setting. I found a local jeweler who charges reasonable prices. You'll need one anyone, even with a chinese setting, in order to set your aqua.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I talked to my local jeweller and he told me very honestly that most ready set jewellery that are sold in jewellery stores are made and assembled in China due to the low cost of labour. Sometimes the setting might look a little "rough" when purchased, but the jeweller can polish and smoothen the surface before setting the stone, then replate it afterwards. Stuller now offers very inexpensive diamond halo settings. My local jeweller showed me some for around $500 in white gold and the diamond melees are H/I, eye clean SI1s of decent cut.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2009 10:21:06 PM
She has not told me anything specific but I''m good at picking settings.
It has to be WG (yg and silver both give her a bad rash)
It has to be thin also.
I like frekes settings ( not covered in diamonds just simple and perfect )
Well I might check them out, I didn''t realize almost all your guys settings came from there.. Maybe I will have to hunt down Frekechild for some help one day because she is amazing at picking out settings.
Awwww!!!! Thank you for the wonderful compliments!!!I like the settings that aren''t covered in diamonds as well, although my next one will have some pave work, for something different.

But my favorites are the simple solitaires.

Do you have an idea of what you want?

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
Thanks TL and Chrono for pointing that out, I bet most of the big name B&M stores in my area do use settings from China =(

-Freke, I like all 3 of your settings my favorite was the Royal Crown replica (though it may be to thick). If I could find more simliar to that I''d be on the right track.
All I know is her preference is thin, and WG (some micro pave settings are nice)

When I get time (studying for my chem test) I will post some settings up with diamonds I know she likes..
(can''t do halo''s the stone is 7x7 and her ring size is a 4 will be too much.)

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 7:51:33 AM
Thanks TL and Chrono for pointing that out, I bet most of the big name B&M stores in my area do use settings from China =(

-Freke, I like all 3 of your settings my favorite was the Royal Crown replica (though it may be to thick). If I could find more simliar to that I''d be on the right track.
All I know is her preference is thin, and WG (some micro pave settings are nice)

When I get time (studying for my chem test) I will post some settings up with diamonds I know she likes..
eww to chemistry... I just had organic last semester
14.gif

I''m getting the Vatche ''swan'' setting... its thin, a solitaire, but gorgeous! its got really pretty wirework on the head (it think that''s all the right terminology...)

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 2:48:12 PM
Author: kas baby

Date: 6/8/2009 7:51:33 AM

eww to chemistry... I just had organic last semester
14.gif

I''m getting the Vatche ''swan'' setting... its thin, a solitaire, but gorgeous! its got really pretty wirework on the head (it think that''s all the right terminology...)
That sounds like a good setting choice. I will look into that, thanks.

Yea, I am taking it over the summer (chem for health sciences) its only 6 weeks long and im on my 4th week. Way to much info in way to little time.
I had a freind who about died in organic haha, I can only imagine how fun that had to be.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
chem is tough, but somehow I made it through, though I''m sure my prof used some magic on my grade
2.gif
6wk classes can be intense! I''m taking psychopathology right now... three 4hr classes a week!

I like the idea someone posted earlier of doing a solitaire setting w/ the split shank... sounds gorgeous!

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 3:12:24 PM
Author: kas baby
chem is tough, but somehow I made it through, though I''m sure my prof used some magic on my grade
2.gif
6wk classes can be intense! I''m taking psychopathology right now... three 4hr classes a week!

I like the idea someone posted earlier of doing a solitaire setting w/ the split shank... sounds gorgeous!
My first summer class =(
I already took Anatomy, Physiology, Micro
emsmilep.gif

Its my last science course.. Thank god

There are a lot of good options, I will just look around for awhile and eventually ask everyone there opinions on what I pick

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful Aqua, can''t wait to see how you and your girlfriend decide to set it. Congrats!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
An aqua is a softer stone so I would make sure the setting protected the stone to prevent damage. If you are set on a prong setting, than I would do a 4 prong basket setting. I put a picture of what I am talking about below (BTW to give credit, this is Ellen''s beautiful aqua). A bezel or bezel halo would give even more protection. I have one friend with an aqua ring that she wears daily and she has it in a bezeled halo.

Aqua7795.JPG

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
I might just get a simple setting like that it''s perfect. I looked over past threads of logr and lan.bo4 settings and was really unimpressed with quality although lots of them look great the best one I have seen is the simple basket. Good idea to protect the stone and it dosent hide it like a bezel. Is that a platinum setting?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 10:26:43 PM
I might just get a simple setting like that it''s perfect. I looked over past threads of logr and lan.bo4 settings and was really unimpressed with quality although lots of them look great the best one I have seen is the simple basket. Good idea to protect the stone and it dosent hide it like a bezel. Is that a platinum setting?

Yes, it is platinum. A masterpiece by Leon Mege.....
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/9/2009 10:26:43 PM
I might just get a simple setting like that it's perfect. I looked over past threads of logr and lan.bo4 settings and was really unimpressed with quality although lots of them look great the best one I have seen is the simple basket. Good idea to protect the stone and it dosent hide it like a bezel. Is that a platinum setting?
If I'm not mistaken, that's a very expensive platinum setting by designer Leon Mege. Very high quality piece.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That looks stunning, what a fantastic cut
30.gif

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
How expensive??
22.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/9/2009 10:54:28 PM
How expensive??
22.gif
Probably around $1800.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Yes, that is a custom made setting. I wanted to show it because it cushion shaped aqua in the type of setting I was talking about just so you could see. Lots of other vendors make solitaires with 4 pronged baskets.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't know the pricing on the setting... but if you want white gold to lower costs and a gorgeous solitaire... the Truth Solitaire by Brian Gavin Diamonds is stunning. You could call or email them for a qoute. It won't be inexpensive more than 500. But it will be considerably less than Leon and is gorgeous and well made.

You can see a pic of it (with a diamond smaller than your aqua and in yellow gold, but it will give you an idea) in this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-brian-gavin-rings.116157/ Also if you go on their website you can see some of their other designs and work. Plus they are lovely to deal with (I have a piece by them I adore).

And I don't think that BGD would scratch your Aqua. And Leon scratched Ellen's.

Whoops forgot someone got the Truth with modified prongs (which I think are really cool) in white metal.

BrianGavin_Truth003a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results