shape
carat
color
clarity

The stone I got

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gyspy,
I know WF and BGD are 2 separate companies but I’d still like the Ryon to contact BGD and ask if they will set aquamarines. I recall a new-ish poster requesting WF to reset her mother’s tsavorite and they turned her down because they didn’t feel comfortable doing so. I might be wrong about the poster and gemstone but I know the stone was not a particularly soft or brittle stone and it also did not have a cleavage plane.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Hehehhe.. of course an LOGR setting can''t compare to Leon of BGD setting :razz:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 8:20:05 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker

An aqua is a softer stone so I would make sure the setting protected the stone to prevent damage. If you are set on a prong setting, than I would do a 4 prong basket setting. I put a picture of what I am talking about below (BTW to give credit, this is Ellen's beautiful aqua). A bezel or bezel halo would give even more protection. I have one friend with an aqua ring that she wears daily and she has it in a bezeled halo.
Thanks Lt!
35.gif

Just caught this thread. The setting cost 1400, just about this time a year ago. Not sure how much Plat has risen in that time. I had actually wanted an open setting, no side bars, but Leon didn't recommend it with a larger, softer stone. So I left it to him and this was what he put it in.

And Gypsy is right, my stone was extremely scratched up while at Leon's, though he never owned up to it. If you wanted him to set it, I would just recommend looking your stone over very carefully to know what shape it's in first, and then have him go over it the minute it gets there. If you both agree on what it looks like beforehand, there could be no disagreement should anything "new" appear after being set. I would have done this myself, had I ever dreamed the need would arise....

I think BGD could do a fabulous job as well. I know at the time I was looking for someone to do a design I had come up with on my own for my Aqua, Lesley (then at WF) had said they would set it and gave me a quote. So I would contact her and see, it could be that they set colored stones on a case by case basis.

That Truth setting is gorgeous! And your stone is truly beautiful.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 10:26:43 PM
Author: Ryon
I might just get a simple setting like that it''s perfect. I looked over past threads of logr and lan.bo4 settings and was really unimpressed with quality although lots of them look great the best one I have seen is the simple basket. Good idea to protect the stone and it dosent hide it like a bezel. Is that a platinum setting?
This is exactly the reason I''m waffling on my Aqua! I want to ensure it''s well protected, and my nature is to bezel Asschers.
3.gif

However, I want to SEE that stone, so I''m not sure how I''ll set it when all is said and done.
3.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Ellen,

Despite all the problems, I am still glad you shared that ring, and the *whole* story.

The truth setting is wonderful, but also realize that some settings can be made semi-custom (and that could save some money). What I mean by that is that you can the head you want placed on the shank you like. However, you can''t do that with settings like the x-prong (because the head and shank are one piece)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Lt.
2.gif

I love the Legato also, even considered it briefly.

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
Just got it in today, going to take it to a jeweler and see how it looks in these basket style settings and hear there opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results