shape
carat
color
clarity

The Start of My Project

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

2danes

Shiny_Rock
Because I need to occupy my mind with wonderful ring thoughts, I''m going to start my planning thread here.
As some of you know from reading my intro, I damaged my ring finger walking my two dogs.
My wedding rings and ering had to be cut off.
I was devistated.
I''ve fixed my platinum band and eternity band, and they are currently fitting (quite snuggly) on my RH.
I have no idea what my ring finger wil look like.
My surgery is scheduled for Thursday (gasp!)
Anyhow, my plan is to eventually have my ering reset into some sort of beautiful split shank halo.
I love way a halo really seems to make a diamond look bigger.
So, here''s where I''ll start:

First, my wrinkly old broken hand (I''ve NEVER had pretty feminine hands like some of you PSers.)

bandaidhand.jpg

2danes

Shiny_Rock
Here is my original setting.
It''s cut in two. :(
Not sure about my diamond specs, will check out as soon as I can, it''s about .90.
The setting came from bluenile.

brokenriing.jpg

2danes

Shiny_Rock
Here''s another.
Wow, I''m not great at taking macro pictures.
I''ll need to practice before my new ring comes.
(looks like I''ll have plenty of time.)

brokenring2.jpg

2danes

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a pretty setting that I saw at a local jewelers

dreamsplitshank.JPG

2danes

Shiny_Rock
And here''s the James Allen that I LOVE!

Attachments

• dreamJames.gif
    4.5 KB · Views: 374

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
2Danes, if you are gonna spend big $$, then Leon Mege (www.artofplatinum.com) makes amazing halos (I bet they run $5000 - $6000)... for a little less, you can probably get something like that made by Whiteflash, they have a single shank halo in their line already, but that three-sded pave may not be in everyone's repetoire of skills so you want someone great to do it!

I
30.gif
split shank halos BTW!!

DD

2danes

Shiny_Rock
So, like I said, thanks for humoring me!
Any advice, opionions, settings, humor... all are welcome.
I''m off to my pre-op appointment.
I''m dreading the surgery, but happy to hurry up the healing process.
I HATE having a naked ring finger!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring finger isn''t naked, you have a lovely bangade! The color, the proportions, so perfect! Maybe you can stich some rhinestones on there?

DD

(you wanted humor...)

2danes

Shiny_Rock
ThanksDD!

Sadly, that''s WAY over our budget! I think we''re trying to stay under 3000, but sweet DH says we can make it happen if I fall in love.

BUT it''s fun to dream! I''ll check out all options! Right now I have NOTHING but time!

2danes

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/17/2008 3:04:58 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Your ring finger isn''t naked, you have a lovely bangade! The color, the proportions, so perfect! Maybe you can stich some rhinestones on there?

DD

(you wanted humor...)

Thanks for the belly laugh!
I think I have some rhinestones somewhere!!!!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
FYI, they make special shanks that either expand or open up like a bangle bracelet. I think DiamanteBlu has some of these because of her arthritis. Even if you have some permanent swelling from the accident, there''s always a way to make a sparkly fit!

You can see the two style she has (and some incredible rocks) here.

Good luck with the surgery and your re-set!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Love that split shank you posted! I hope your poor finger is okay!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Oh, your beautiful Danes! Good luck with your meeting and the surgery.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your poor finger! I do love the split shank though!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
As someone who is having a split shank halo made right now, I say yes yes yes!!! I love the look! And the JA one you posted is gorgeous!!
36.gif

Sorry about your poor lil finger, but now you get a whole new ring project!!!

Fleur

Rough_Rock
Wow! What a mess! You''re handling it very well.

We''ll be sending good thoughts on Thursday. The pix you posted were really lovely.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry about your poor finger. Hope your surgery goes well. In the meantime, enjoy the process! The split shank looks marvellous!

sera

Ideal_Rock
The ones already posted are nice (especially Leon!).

Maytal Hannah does nice split shanks and halos. Simon G has some nice ones as well... white and pink split shank halo is one of my favorites and it''s beautiful in person (though a different look than what you''ve posted so far).

I hope your finger heals up well
7.gif

2danes

Shiny_Rock
You are all so sweet!
THANKS!!
I am thrilled to have such a diversion! Thanks so much for the links to rings Sera! They are simply stunning! And so fun to dream of!
Crooked Rock: Do you have any pictures? Is there a link to your ring?
Mecoledi: Thanks for the link to DiamanteBlu''s AMAZING rings. Oh, to have rocks that size!
I''m not sure if those shanks work with a micro pave setting, but it''s worth researching.

Surgery is in two days, then the worst is over.

Thanks PS
35.gif

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Just chiming in to say I hope surgery goes well for you and you have a speedy recovery!!
1.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Well it looks like the good news is that you can still type and play on PS!!!

The stone is with Leon right now being set, so we are looking at about 5 1/2 weeks out (yes I am counting down!..LOL) So there are no pics of it, only a few of the stone in a holder here. Maybe wait a day to check it out now that I know you just looked at DBlu''s amazing boulders!!
37.gif
Aren''t hers fabulous??
Kinda funny.... I shared those pics with a few of my friends here, one of which was recently engaged... I was telling her about Leon and all his fabulous work, and she made a comment to another friend how she loved the ring, yup, she thought the ring holder was it!! Yikes!! Some people are so adorably clueless. I think her bf bought her a SI2 J (nothing against either, mine is a J) but she constantly refers to it as flawless!! LOL. I had to explain clarity to her the other day, but I don''t think she got it. Gotta love her!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results