shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I said I would post some of my more interesting pieces. I actually thought I could get them all into one post! Silly me! The pics are all over my computer [I''m real organized as you can see] and many are not so good. Sigh. Anyway, I figured I''d get started anyway and put more up later.

First up is my EC diamond ring. The center stone is 6.39 carats, VS1, K/L color [papers are around here someplace but I can''t find them - think it is top cape - as you can see the stone is slightly tinted] . Dimensions are 9.9x11.8x6.5 as I recall. It is an elongated asscher cut and is magnificent - incredible personality. The sides are tapered baguettes, white and .26 carats each I think. Ring size 4 with an arthritic shank to get over my 5.75 knuckle!

I bought this ring for myself a dozen or so years ago when I reached the top rank in my company. I need to have it reset into a RHR since DH finally coughed up an e-ring a couple of years ago.

Here is a pic on the keyboard:

EC Keyboard2.jpg

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
EC with siamese cat:

EC1 with Oily.jpg

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Crap. I now remember why I have not posted these before. They are too big and I have no idea how to resize them [I am both computer and camera illiterate]. I''ll have to see what I can figure out.
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
the%20light%202.jpg

EC31BD.jpg

I hope this helps and I hope you don't mind me reposting them her (pls forgive me if you do)! Your rings are soooo gorgeous!
30.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Finally! EC in box.

EC in box smaller.jpg

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Skippy! I have figured a way to get them smaller [involving multiple reloads into Snapfish - yes, a kludge, I know!] I hope the resolution is still OK. Some of the pics are actually pretty good!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I''m on a roll! LOL! Here''s the requisite flower/sunshine shot!
9.gif

EC flower shot.jpg

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
EC in the sunshine overlooking the back yard:

EC sunshine and backyard.jpg

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
WoW! It''s beautiful!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Here are the two different arthritic shanks:

shanks.jpg

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
BTW, the EC is an estate piece.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
My EC with my mom''s EC. No contest in color but mine''s bigger!!!
9.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
OK, where''s the pic?

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Finally!

two ECs.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh wow--you have warm sunshiine and flowers!!
25.gif
9.gif
Oh ya, beautiful rings!!!

cheers--Sharon

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I just love EC''s. What a size too. Yowza......
36.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2007 2:20:26 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Oh wow--you have warm sunshiine and flowers!!
25.gif
9.gif
Oh ya, beautiful rings!!!

cheers--Sharon
LOL! The sunshine and flowers were during the summer. It snowed here on Monday!

Need to move to warmer climate. Need to move to wanmer climate. Need . . .

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2007 2:24:17 PM
Author: Gothgrrl
Beautiful! I just love EC''s. What a size too. Yowza......
36.gif

Don''t remember the specs on my mom''s. I think it is a bit less that 5 carats. Don''t recall the color, etc.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
This is not a ring but it does have diamonds.
9.gif

ETA: Crap, that's a small pic!

chopard 3.jpg

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Chopard watch:

chopard 1.jpg

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Another:

chopard 2.jpg

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
One more:

ETA: Maybe not! I'm not having an easy time with these pics!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I hope this works!

chopard 4.jpg

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Last one for now. This is also an estate piece. It is a mourning ring. When a husband went out to sea and didn''t come back the widow would wear a "mourning ring". This is yellow gold with 3 rose cut diamonds [the middle one does not look yellow in person - not sure what''s up with the pic] and black enamel. The engraving on the inside is tough to read but the bottom line says "Nathaniel Wells Sept. 17, 1818". I''ll have to loupe the rest to see it.

mourning ring smaller.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ooo, gorgeous! I''m a big fan of the warmer colors - they have so much personality! - and I''d love to see a close-up, if it''s not a hassle, both of that gorgeous stone, and of the shank. I''ve never seen one of those up-close, and I''ve been wondering just how they''re constructed ....

P.S. - The mourning ring is incredible! That''s a tradition that I''d never heard of ... is it a family heirloom, do you collect them ... (would you post more pics, she says abashedly)?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy Smokes!!!! I can''t wait to see more pics of the round brilliant. Everything is making me drool. Gorgeous
36.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Wow, incredible sparklies you have!!! That mourning ring is fabulous, what a treasure. Thanks for sharing... looking forward to seeing some pics of that ginormus RB.
9.gif

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
oooh! I love Chopard watches!! I have two. One with Happy Diamonds and one with Happy Fish.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2007 3:23:04 PM
Author: Circe
Ooo, gorgeous! I''m a big fan of the warmer colors - they have so much personality! - and I''d love to see a close-up, if it''s not a hassle, both of that gorgeous stone, and of the shank. I''ve never seen one of those up-close, and I''ve been wondering just how they''re constructed ....

P.S. - The mourning ring is incredible! That''s a tradition that I''d never heard of ... is it a family heirloom, do you collect them ... (would you post more pics, she says abashedly)?

The mourning ring is a piece I wanted to buy when I was 16 [one of our fellow ski instructors had a jewelry store and carried antique pieces.] I was short of cash so my dad bought it - and gave it to my mom. Snarl - I call that child abuse. About 20 years ago, my mom finally got the straight scoop and gave it to me. I can take more pics of it. Hopefully it will clear up this weekend. It is miserable out today. Maybe I can decypher the rest of the engraving and do some research on its provenance too.

Is it the EC you would like to see a close up of? I can take more pics. I do have some from the side that I can post after I shrink them. Is it the arthritic shank you are interested in? Let me know. I wish I had access to a professional photographer!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2007 3:33:19 PM
Author: Skippy123
Holy Smokes!!!! I can''t wait to see more pics of the round brilliant. Everything is making me drool. Gorgeous
36.gif

Yes, more RB pics are coming. Gotta shrink them. Perhaps this evening. If not then, I''ll post them tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results