shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
When I was a very little girl, I watched a cartoon - perhaps featuring Droopy Dog? danged if I can remember ... - where one character proposed to another with a gorgeous, enormous, sparkly diamond ring. Being a future PriceScoper, naturally I wanted one! so I begged my parents for a diamond ring for my 5th birthday. And they came through! With, alas, a 5 pointer. Even at that age, I knew I wanted more, but being 5, I never figured out the exact proportions, and until I saw your RB, the whole thing kind of slipped my mind. But now I know: the ideal proportions of a little girl''s dream diamond ring are 7 carats on a size 4 finger. BEAUTIFUL!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Those sapphire earrings are to die for!!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can''t believe I almost missed this thread! Congratulations on a superb collection!!
36.gif
36.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Update:

The "find the emerald ring" vibes worked!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks, ladies!
I found it! It had not grown legs. It was hiding in its black velvet box which was extremely well hidden. Sigh . . .

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
And - I wanted to thank you all for the compliments. I have always loved and have collected jewelry and stones. It is nice to be associated with a group that appreciates these things as much as I do!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey, gorgeous stuff! We are almost twins. I have an emerald cut, a little over 9 carats, with tapered baguettes, and I have that Chopard watch, but in a round on a bracelet. I love it. The diamonds make me smile!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
DBlu, your collection almost mad me faint!!! You are one lucky (and S*P*A*R*K*L*Y ) lady!!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Where have i been??? how did I miss all this???

FABULOUS Collection! Yowza!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2007 5:12:45 PM
Author: diamondfan
Hey, gorgeous stuff! We are almost twins. I have an emerald cut, a little over 9 carats, with tapered baguettes, and I have that Chopard watch, but in a round on a bracelet. I love it. The diamonds make me smile!

9.gif
Thanks! I'll have to see your ring. There must be a thread?

Also, I was planning to get myself the bracelet for the Chopard for Christmas or B-Day [I had been used to wearing my Rolex steel and gold Oyster Perpetual Date for 24 years before getting the Chopard with the leather strap!]. Is the bracelet comfortable? I can't seem to find one to try on!

And thanks to every one else for the compliments! [Where's that "blush" smiley?]

DB

QOTDR

Rough_Rock
You are one lucky lady! Those pieces are beautiful!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is a thread for my ring somewhere.

I like the bracelet, but though I just got the watch I wanted the older style, not the new flat one. I usually wear bracelet watches but my next one is going to be a Master Square with pave diamonds by Franck Mueller with a leather changeable strap. I think there are satin options too. My dressy watch now is the Chopard H with a satin strap but for daily wear I like bracelet watches more than leather. My Happy Sport is the large size so it is a bit on the heavy side but I got it to be a fun watch and I do like it.

Northerner

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/22/2007 9:20:14 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
Don''t know if I can good pic of the adjustable shanks. I''ll see what I can do tomorrow.

The EC has a fingermate shank: http://www.fingermate.com/ . It is knd of a pain because if I carry something heavy or otherwise apply pressure the thing opens up. Since it stays connected I don''t think the ring is at risk but I keep having to snap it shut.

The shank of the RB I like much better. It is not going anywhere. If it is open there is a spring that keeps it closed and it has never popped open. Any new ring I have made will use this shank unless something better comes along. This looks like the site: http://www.superringfit.com/index.html

ETA: I am also a silver/goldsmith as a hobby [for 40+ years! ACK!]. Guess I should haul some of my hand made pieces out and post them too! LOL! I would not venture to try to make an arthritic shank. The machining needs to be very precise. Typically what happens is that a ring gets made, the shank is chopped off, and the new, adjustable one is soldered in its place.
DiamanteBlu, i came across this post while searching for info on adjustable shanks. I see you mention that you like the shank of the RB better, but you''re not sure about who makes it... you''re right, that is the site of the maker Allan Creates. He has 2 sites found here: www.ringlock.com specializing in custom work, and www.superringfit.com specializing in the hinged ring system. He does some really nice work, and is in the process of making a ring for me now. He works in clean white gold (no plating, etc) and hand wrought platinum.

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Blu your collection is too die for!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Love, love, love it all... and seeing pics of your EC makes me want one!! Maybe I can convince DH in another 10 years (yeah right!)

What ever happened to your cushion search? Are you still looking?

Northerner

Rough_Rock
I found a better picture of a hinged shank that Allan Creates makes, see attached

hinged shank.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results