shape
carat
color
clarity

The Show your Paraiba or Copper bearing tourmaline thread

amyek

Rough_Rock
I love the opal with the color wheel of side stones. Amazeballs!

littledebbie81

Shiny_Rock
Here's my custom paraiba 14K WG ring I got from Hidden Treasure Gems on Etsy. It has a 1.57 carat paraiba cabochon with a pink sapphire halo and diamonds on the shank.
IMG_7247.JPG
There are also yellow sapphire accent stones when viewing the ring from the side.
IMG_7248.JPG

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's my custom paraiba 14K WG ring I got from Hidden Treasure Gems on Etsy. It has a 1.57 carat paraiba cabochon with a pink sapphire halo and diamonds on the shank.
IMG_7247.JPG
There are also yellow sapphire accent stones when viewing the ring from the side.
IMG_7248.JPG

Love it!!! :kiss2: The color play is awesome!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_7247.JPG
IMG_7248.JPG

The color and glow are just unreal. You ladies have made such good choices when you purchased Paraibas. littledebbie I love how you paired your glowy Paraiba with pink sapphires and surprise yellow sapphires. Such a unique and gorgeous ring. :appl:

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here's mine. It came from Yvonne recently.
I did pay to have it additionally certified given the cost of the stone. Confirmed that this baby came from Brazil!

I'll be honest. I was a bit taken aback at the colour when I opened the box- it is more blue than I had expected, I was hoping for something with a little more green in it. However, it does have a tiny amount of green in sunlight which is the look I was going for. I think it was the shade of blue and how... bright? the stone was that threw me for a bit. It glows. And the inclusions seem to help with that glow.

It's also a bit big for the ring design I had planned... may end up sitting on this one for awhile trying to decide how to set it

These photos are of it in direct sunlight to show that greeny blue colour I wanted!

FullSizeRender (22).jpg FullSizeRender (23).jpg IMG_1626.JPG IMG_1627.JPG IMG_1628.JPG

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
It's stunning! That was the "Cadillac" paraiba, right? Great choice!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's mine. It came from Yvonne recently.
I did pay to have it additionally certified given the cost of the stone. Confirmed that this baby came from Brazil!

I'll be honest. I was a bit taken aback at the colour when I opened the box- it is more blue than I had expected, I was hoping for something with a little more green in it. However, it does have a tiny amount of green in sunlight which is the look I was going for. I think it was the shade of blue and how... bright? the stone was that threw me for a bit. It glows. And the inclusions seem to help with that glow.

It's also a bit big for the ring design I had planned... may end up sitting on this one for awhile trying to decide how to set it

These photos are of it in direct sunlight to show that greeny blue colour I wanted!

FullSizeRender (22).jpg FullSizeRender (23).jpg IMG_1626.JPG IMG_1627.JPG IMG_1628.JPG

I'd be happy to hold onto it for you, while you think it over. :twisted2:
Is that the 3ct one, she had on her site?

S

SparkliesLuver

If that was indeed the 3ct+ one, Crystal_Dreams, would you mind sharing what treatment was determined. I've noticed Yvonne has put "might be lightly oiled" on some of her recent Paraibas, so I've wondered what reports have found, for those who have sent the stones to AGL. If you'd rather not share, that's okay too.

It's a lovely stone! :) Congrats!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@littledebbie81 : gorgeous glow and amazing colour play with the pink sapphires. What an amazing find.
Your ring looks so beautiful on you. Your ring deserves it's own thread.

@Crystal_Dreams : ooooh, I like!!! Your stone has an amazing blue with a hint of green. You seem to have a very special stone that deserves to be set:appl:. I hope it grows on you soon.

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you!

The AGL cert says 'this colour variety of tourmaline is commonly the result of a relatively low temperature heating process' which it lists has excellent stability, with no other enhancements detected. Is this common?

This is the 2.47ct one! Seems someone else has picked up that 3ct+ Cadillac paraiba she had. From memory, I think that one had more blue in it?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!

The AGL cert says 'this colour variety of tourmaline is commonly the result of a relatively low temperature heating process' which it lists has excellent stability, with no other enhancements detected. Is this common?

This is the 2.47ct one! Seems someone else has picked up that 3ct+ Cadillac paraiba she had. From memory, I think that one had more blue in it?

2.5ct of lucious glowing goodness? I can not tell you how jeleous I am! :mrgreen2::lol-2: I think the color is gorgeous and I hope it grows on you. From what I've seen. The green ones tend to be less glowy than the blue. I can't say, since I've never seen a green one in person.

I'm pretty sure heat treatment is common for these gems (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone, What a great colour, and glow! Looking forward to seeing how you decide to set it.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you so much for replying, Crystal_Dreams. It's helpful to know! And yes, from my understanding, heat is very common. It's oil that always "worries" me because that means upkeep, and it makes me wonder what the stone looked like without it.

Congrats! Like others have expressed, I hope the color of the stone grows on you. It really is beautiful!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_3531.JPG IMG_3532.JPG IMG_3533.JPG Help @corgisage to make an informed choice on a new cuprian. Will it be number 1, 2 or 3? Out of these I would personally opt for the first, but I would ask the vendor for more pics of that stone. What do you think?

S

SparkliesLuver

^^ I second Acinom's opinion about #1 if it has to be between these three. And I second getting more pictures, especially in more natural lighting on a hand.

littledebbie81

Shiny_Rock
Here's my .71ct 5.67mm round paraiba tourmaline I got from Yvonne's sale as well!

IMG_6432.JPG

FYI, I am selling this stone on Loupe Troup in case anyone is interested. It's a beautiful stone but I rather get something that is bigger and bluer.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:@doberman 's cuprian ring that she has been hiding from us. This beauty deserves its own thread!
IMG_3835.JPG

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I bought this paraiba more than a year ago and was frankly unsure about the inclusions for a while. I was also expecting it to "glow" more. Ended up keeping the stone however, considering that it is big enough for my small budget and performs well in certain lighting conditions. So here it is, in indirect daylight by the window, and under warm LED lights. It's a 0.62 carat oval stone, 6.75 x 4.84 x 2.97mm.

20170309_023110.jpg

And here are also some of my other smaller paraibas.

20170911_174638.jpg

20170911_174738.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought this paraiba more than a year ago and was frankly unsure about the inclusions for a while. I was also expecting it to "glow" more. Ended up keeping the stone however, considering that it is big enough for my small budget and performs well in certain lighting conditions. So here it is, in indirect daylight by the window, and under warm LED lights. It's a 0.62 carat oval stone, 6.75 x 4.84 x 2.97mm.

20170309_023110.jpg

20170911_174638.jpg

20170911_174738.jpg

So pretty! I love your little paraiba family. :kiss2: Do you have any plans for them?

I actually prefer some inclusions in my paraiba because I feel like it glows more. My cleaner ones (not very clean by the way...just less included) don't seem to offer that same glow IMO. As long as it's not opaque, I like it. :lol:

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So pretty! I love your little paraiba family. :kiss2: Do you have any plans for them?

I actually prefer some inclusions in my paraiba because I feel like it glows more. My cleaner ones (not very clean by the way...just less included) don't seem to offer that same glow IMO. As long as it's not opaque, I like it. :lol:

Hi elle, thanks for looking! I'm with you on the inclusions - they do seem to make the stone glow more. I would therefore prefer that they are dispersed more evenly throughout my stone for a better "glow". I think I was ambivalent about it initially because the inclusions (and the ""glow) seem to be mainly concentrated on one half, and in some lighting conditions, there is a resultant darker patch/zoning that seems to diminish its overall "glow". But I have grown to love it and decided I probably just need a good setting to bring out its beauty.

I toyed with the idea of a halo for the 0.62 stone. I really wanted a unique halo but haven't had any inspiration yet. I was also thinking of putting the smaller stones together in another ring or pendant, but I haven't had any concrete ideas yet because of their odd shapes. Not sure where to put that random green paraiba too, but it was too pretty to pass up back then so I bought it anyway. :lol: Then I thought I could also turn it into a band for stacking or have a slender bangle made. There are just too many possibilities for me to commit to. Please feel free to give suggestions! I really love your pieces!

Last edited:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi elle, thanks for looking! I'm with you on the inclusions - they do seem to make the stone glow more. I would therefore prefer that they are dispersed more evenly throughout my stone for a better "glow". I think I was ambivalent about it initially because the inclusions (and the ""glow) seem to be mainly concentrated on one half, and in some lighting conditions, there is a resultant darker patch/zoning that seems to diminish its overall "glow". But I have grown to love it and decided I probably just need a good setting to bring out its beauty.

I toyed with the idea of a halo for the 0.62 stone. I really wanted a unique halo but haven't had any inspiration yet. I was also thinking of putting the smaller stones together in another ring or pendant, but I haven't had any concrete ideas yet because of their odd shapes. Not sure where to put that random green paraiba too, but it was too pretty to pass up back then so I bought it anyway. :lol: Then I thought I could also turn it into a band for stacking or have a slender bangle made. There are just too many possibilities for me to commit to. Please feel free to give suggestions! I really love your pieces!

I understand now. I would prefer the inclusions be all over too. ;)2

I love the idea of a halo, for the .62ct paraiba. The paraiba in my avatar is actually a very similar .64ct (with similar dimensions).

I have a soft spot for this halo. I want to use it in a ring one day.
IMG_1865.jpg

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

20170309_023110.jpg

20170911_174638.jpg

20170911_174738.jpg
You have a lovely collection!! The paraiba in the middle of the left box is my fave.

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I understand now. I would prefer the inclusions be all over too. ;)2

I love the idea of a halo, for the .62ct paraiba. The paraiba in my avatar is actually a very similar .64ct (with similar dimensions).

I have a soft spot for this halo. I want to use it in a ring one day.
IMG_1865.jpg

Oooh I saved this photo for inspiration too! Looks like we have similar tastes for classic halos with a twist! Thanks for sharing the stats of your paraiba too - it's helpful to know how mine might look in a halo too. :love: I really love the saturation of your paraiba against those juicy pinks!

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You have a lovely collection!! The paraiba in the middle of the left box is my fave.

Thank you chatoyancy! I personally was very much drawn to the perfect glow of the green stone! Wouldn't hurt if it were a little bigger though hehe.:lol:

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love this thread!! I never even considered Paraiba because I figured it was just unaffordable. In fact all the vendors I have dealt with don't carry them at all...

Could you share the vendors from who the stones are from? I'd love to consider buying one small cute one for my collection

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you chatoyancy! I personally was very much drawn to the perfect glow of the green stone! Wouldn't hurt if it were a little bigger though hehe.:lol:
It looks like a nice size. With paraiba, I'm forced to choose between color and size. Color wins with me.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Acinom. It's a pretty ring, definitely green than blue. I'm glad I dug it out the other day! il_570xN.335636472.jpg

Beautiful. (Just in case, do you have a thread dedicated to the ring in your avatar? :) )

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results