shape
carat
color
clarity

The Show your Paraiba or Copper bearing tourmaline thread

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous like the Caribbean sea. Do you have any setting plans? Which one will be set first?

Collecting as of the moment but I’m thinking either set the bigger stone as a ring or keep it and keep on collecting for a necklace with multiple stones with different hues of greens, blues, and blue greens but all copper-bearing that could go around the neck, though that would be a longer project.... there are also two small round ones that could go as side stones.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Collecting as of the moment but I’m thinking either set the bigger stone as a ring or keep it and keep on collecting for a necklace with multiple stones with different hues of greens, blues, and blue greens but all copper-bearing that could go around the neck, though that would be a longer project.... there are also two small round ones that could go as side stones.

I vote for a convertible ring/pendant! Instant gratification :razz:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautigul, Seaglow! I love the necklace idea.!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharing the pics of the customised ring/pendant made for my cuprian. I'd have to wait a while before the settings company returns with it.

20180617_191825-1.jpg 20180617_191832-1.jpg IMG-20180403-WA0005.jpg 20180426_164702-1.jpg 20180311_190950-1.jpg
Wow!! Gorgeous multi-design for your stunning stone

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
42048CF4-F400-4F7C-B648-6FF416C68FAA.jpeg
@leslie1956 ‘s fabulous Paraiba and demantoid band has arrived. Look at this beautiful handshot. I like!!!

B4F27D27-1AC3-4EB6-AEAB-240BDD33120F.jpeg
Yvonne Raley loves working with Paraiba tourmaline, especially in combination with other fabulous stones. Like this Paraiba and Denantoid band she created for @leslie1956
Just stunning!!! Looking forward to see handpics

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Acinom, it works really well with my tsavorite and Paraiba pieces :) I also have a Paraiba stacking ring in the works, too!

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Acinom, @elle_71125 and @suzanne2! I've been wanting a pair of glamorous earrings for awhile. The paraibas were purchased from Yvonne Raley. I then approached David Klass with a few inspiration photos last year and came up with these. I love them!

Last edited:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
97B85995-F71C-4680-8950-40888BC36996.jpeg
Oh yes! This is real and it will be a fabulous pendant with vibrant pink sapphires, hauynites and Paraiba. The pendant will be created by Yvonne Raley for our @MrsKMB .
Stay tuned and front toe in the Yvonne and Cecile Raley thread. Yvonne seems to be a great source for Paraiba. I love!!!

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze where did you find someone to set in a convertible design? I’ve been looking with absolutely no luck and I want to do this for my Paraiba or sapphire!!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Burmesedaze where did you find someone to set in a convertible design? I’ve been looking with absolutely no luck and I want to do this for my Paraiba or sapphire!!

It's pretty popular in Hong Kong and China since they mass produce for wholesale. I had them customise it from an existing ring that could fit my tourmaline.

How big is your Paraiba and sapphire?

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The Paraiba is 10x7 and the sapphire is a 7.8mm round :)

Thank you for the information! Caysie has been researching how to make a convertible pendant/ring for me, but there isn’t all that much out there that we have found. Any chance you would be able to show how the mechanism on yours works?

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The Paraiba is 10x7 and the sapphire is a 7.8mm round :)

Thank you for the information! Caysie has been researching how to make a convertible pendant/ring for me, but there isn’t all that much out there that we have found. Any chance you would be able to show how the mechanism on yours works?

If it's a one-off bench that I use then I think I would be ok. But since I still set my stuff with them, it doesn't feel right, as it's their design, though may not be unique in mechanism.

Here's their contact if you or Caysie would like to enquire.

http://glitterjeweler.com/contact/

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh these colors are my favorite in the world!!! Amazing thread

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I’ll reach out to them about setting the Paraiba in something convertible I think :)

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you! I’ll reach out to them about setting the Paraiba in something convertible I think :)

I also think it requires a factory with machines and moulds as the locking mechanism and fit, as you can imagine, has to be very precise. Not something that can be done by hand, imho. Hths :)

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much!!! :kiss2:

:oops: Sorry for the Paraiba threadjack... this is a possible setting for mine though!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze do you mind me asking how much extra it cost to do a convertible style vs a ring? I think it's so cool to have a piece that can be either a ring or pendent!!!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Burmesedaze do you mind me asking how much extra it cost to do a convertible style vs a ring? I think it's so cool to have a piece that can be either a ring or pendent!!!

Hmm I actually didn't even ask for the price of it as a ring. I do think it's reasonable for 18k WG and over 1ct of diamonds.

Probably a couple of hundred bucks more?

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Been a while since I've worked on any projects, but I had been searching on and off for a tourmaline to create something that incorporated the birthstones of my kiddies. Back in April, I saw an oval Paraiba cabochon that caught my eye on Yvonne's site and set it into a Camelia pendant along with with a row of ruby and paraiba melee. It's not the biggest stone (center stone 6.22mm x 5.21mm) but I absolutely love the greenish blue color (shows better in the last photo) and it's just ooh so glowy even in low light.

ParaibaP1.jpg ParaibaP2.jpg
ParaibaP3.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Been a while since I've worked on any projects, but I had been searching on and off for a tourmaline to create something that incorporated the birthstones of my kiddies. Back in April, I saw an oval Paraiba cabochon that caught my eye on Yvonne's site and set it into a Camelia pendant along with with a row of ruby and paraiba melee. It's not the biggest stone (center stone 6.22mm x 5.21mm) but I absolutely love the greenish blue color (shows better in the last photo) and it's just ooh so glowy even in low light.

ParaibaP3.jpg

Beautiful pendant. I love how the ruby and paraiba play together. I would have never thought of that combo. :love:

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

ParaibaP3.jpg
That pendant is so beautiful, Chasiu! The Paraiba and ruby combination is very striking.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ParaibaP3.jpg
I love this!!! Another stunning colour combo by Yvonne. You have made great choices.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
29B78B53-7911-403D-8D25-44F1C2C3EA5E.jpeg 43007188-D423-493D-9254-BAB7B01038B8.jpeg 5E9AC796-DE9B-453E-BE03-867D24AB7706.jpeg
Is ‘Bright Ice worthy’ the new standard for Paraibas and copper bearing tourmalines? @bright ice ‘s approach shows how perseverance and patience pays out with a stunning faceted gem. Stay tuned to learn how she will set this beauty!
And... she is also in the market for an equally stunning cab. Woohoo!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
29B78B53-7911-403D-8D25-44F1C2C3EA5E.jpeg 43007188-D423-493D-9254-BAB7B01038B8.jpeg 5E9AC796-DE9B-453E-BE03-867D24AB7706.jpeg
Is ‘Bright Ice worthy’ the new standard for Paraibas and copper bearing tourmalines? @bright ice ‘s approach shows how perseverance and patience pays out with a stunning faceted gem. Stay tuned to learn how she will set this beauty!
And... she is also in the market for an equally stunning cab. Woohoo!

@Acinom, my standards may not be what others are or can afford. When I decide to hunt down a particular gemstone, I get busy looking for the best quality I can afford. I have sought out several vendors for a selection in my price range then go with the one that has the piece that best suits my wants/budget etc.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ParaibaP3.jpg

W:love:w!!!! That's beautiful! I'd rock that baby daily, it's a huge pendant! The rubies! Great job!!:appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results