shape
carat
color
clarity

The shocking final diamond choice I gave to my Fiance which one would you pick?

Which One Would You Choose And Why?

• I choose #2

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I choose stone #2 it is such a unique cut and throws off rainbow colors.

• 4. I think #1 will look better in a Harry Winston micropave halo so I choose #1

• I choose #1

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s very, very cool that you gave her a choice. Well done!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it''s obvious she wants #1

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2009 8:04:17 AM
Author: decodelighted
Both are beautiful but it seems she prefers #1 ... and since she''ll be the one looking at it more often, I''d say pick #1 so she''ll be over-the-moon delighted.

Think you made gorgeous choices though! Personally I might lean toward #2 for budgetary reasons & because its more quirky & unique which appeals to me ... but when you mentioned the warmth I started to worry. That''s the thing about Round Brilliant & Cushion Brilliant & other Brilliant Brilliant cuts (#1) -- they do mask warmth better than quirky/cook OMC type cuts. Did *you* compare the two stones pavilion side up against white paper? Or just face up? It would be weird to be so off on grading ...

Fun test! Can''t wait to see which you chose & hopefully see the finished ring pix SOON!
Thank-you for the praise. I''ve learned since then that California GIA is a little more soft on color than the New York GIA and this might explain it. We of course looked pavillion up and I put white paper behind both and the I colour master CZ.
The appraisor also said that if you look just at the body of almost any diamond facedown the difference in cuts should not make an appreciable difference to color grading. I chose #1 and I know tiger has made about 3 theads on choosing #2 so I hope he will be happy with it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so glad you got the one she liked best, but I will have to say, it wasn''t a fair comparison at all since one cost twice as much as the other and was larger! I think that was kind of a no-brainer, although I would vastly prefer the GOG stone had they been the same size.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results