shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW The Saga is Finally Over!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posted my new ruby pendant yesterday but in order for that pendant to happen, I had to move the center diamond from my Calla ring setting. This left me with a gorgeous but empty setting. I couldn't leave it empty. What to put in it? I have pretty much every color imaginable except for black or dark charcoal. I wear a lot of black in the winter so I need one right? This set me off on a year long journey to find the right dark stone. I wanted something with life in it but no other color modifiers. Black diamonds and onyx were out, a center stone needs more life. I tried charcoal grey spinel but the only one I found with no modifiers had a huge window. No thank you! I tried grey moissanite which looked exactly like my charcoal spinels, lol. Blue or teal modifiers. I tried black moissanite which came looking like mystic topaz, ick. Damn why is it so hard to find a darkish, blackish stone with life to it? I could see it in my head, sigh. Finally I landed on a black star sapphire. Now this looked promising so once again I ordered up a stone and yes, this could work! But bummer, putting a cabochon into my Calla setting would be extremely difficult to do. It would be better off with a regular stone instead...........sigh. Once again, WHY is this so difficult? I was ready to call it quits.

After looking around my ring family one day I noticed that I happened to have a beautiful round pink sapphire in a setting I rarely wore and it was the right size to fit the Calla setting. Plus the setting it came from could accommodate the black star sapphire. Could it work? Could there finally be success? Oh joy, yes indeed. Finally after all this time I have what I could see in my head. Maybe that's a little scary, lol.

Here are before pictures of the two settings.

IMG_4858.JPG

DSC_3501.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Big WOW! Love it all!

cheers--Sharon

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! They look incredible. I especially love the black star sapphire in that setting. ❤️❤️❤️

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
They are both beautiful!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! They look incredible. I especially love the black star sapphire in that setting. ❤️❤️❤️

Thanks! I agree, the star sapphire looks great in this setting.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - worked out so well! I especially like the black star sapphire in that ring. Congrats on your new rings!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! The swop has allowed allowed the pink sapphire to shine and the black star sapphire has made the setting come alive.
What a fabulous makeover.

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
You knocked it out of the park! I love the new dresses. Both stones are flattered by their mountings.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They both look like they were originally made for those settings! Nice eye! :kiss2: And I think the pink is way more lively in the new setting.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - worked out so well! I especially like the black star sapphire in that ring. Congrats on your new rings!

Thank you MissGotRocks! I can't begin to tell you the number of times I almost canned this project. Nothing was like I saw it in my head until the black star sapphire.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! The swop has allowed allowed the pink sapphire to shine and the black star sapphire has made the setting come alive.
What a fabulous makeover.

Thank you DiaDiva! It amazes me what a change of stone will do. I never liked the pink sapphire in that setting. It just seemed to get lost but put it in the Calla setting and it does shine! I love the other setting now with the black sapphire.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You knocked it out of the park! I love the new dresses. Both stones are flattered by their mountings.

Thanks Mrsz1ppy! A change of dress was exactly what everything needed.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They both look like they were originally made for those settings! Nice eye! :kiss2: And I think the pink is way more lively in the new setting.

Thanks elle_71125!. When hubby and I first saw the Calla after the pink was set we both gasped. We couldn't believe how much better the sapphire looked in this setting.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them both!

But that sapphire…….. Hubba hubba!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you MissGotRocks! I can't begin to tell you the number of times I almost canned this project. Nothing was like I saw it in my head until the black star sapphire.

Doesn’t it feel so good when things finally work out? At least it makes the trials and tribulations of it all seem worth it!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
And here are the afters!!

Calla Ring2.jpg

Calla Ring3.jpg

Black Star Sapphire6.jpg

Black Star Sapphire8.jpg Black Star Sapphire9.jpg

Black Star Sapphire10.jpg
:love:What a sapphire glow up! Calla found her stone.
But also, holy sh*t, talk about unexpected with what the black star sapphire did for that mounting!

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
WOW those settings look like they were made just for those stones specifically, how lucky to put them together! I love that star sapphire ring wow!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doesn’t it feel so good when things finally work out? At least it makes the trials and tribulations of it all seem worth it!

I can't tell you how relieved I am that it all worked out. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results