shape
carat
color
clarity

The Sad Truth

Kilops

Rough_Rock
From my experience here on PS, I have noticed that theres a direct corrolation between the size of the diamonds people wear and the wrinkliness of the owner's hands. This is pretty sad as I find younger girls' hands compliment the larger diamonds better. Its just like when I see elderly people drive ferraris within the speed limit. It doesnt do the product's justice enough. Dont get me wrong, elderly people deserve and look good in the more expensive things but I just think it would look even better if younger folks had access to them as well. =)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HHHAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA best thing I've read in a long time.

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I guess those of us with a few wrinkles think that our hard work over a lifetime has earned us a few extra diamonds or new cars! There are plenty of young women here with much bigger diamonds than mine, though, so I am not sure this is so true of the PriceScope population!

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Hahahaha love it.

Not sure if that's true but I am entertained by the observation!

I'm 23 and my diamond is .74 carat so I'm definitely helping with the observation ;-) I have to say though, I love mine and I don't plan on upgrading. (ask me again in 10 years)

lulu

Ideal_Rock
It's complement, not compliment. Knowledge, another gift of experience.

Kilops

Rough_Rock
I suspect I will receive a lot of complaints from older folks replying to my post. However, I am just trying to point out an observation. Remember, I love old people :tongue:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
lulu|1304346863|2909969 said:
It's complement, not compliment. Knowledge, another gift of experience.

Ha! Lulu, I love you.

I sort of think the privileging of unwrinkled skin is silly - it's not inherently prettier, we just live in a youth-driven culture! Me, I'm looking forward to earning wisdom ... and wrinkles ... and, yeah, really big diamonds. :twisted:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good point, kilops--large diamonds for all! Young and old, I say. It's about time those darn jewelers start passing out large diamonds to the young crowd, it will beat the heck out of their silly marketing campaigns. :cheeky:

I disagree with you about wrinkly hands being unsightly. I really like seeing hands that have clearly been through some life. My hands are prematurely wrinkled and I love them. When I look down at them I think of all the wonderful and difficult things I've done with my hands that have made them this way. As a child I used to inspect all of the hands of the adults in my life, and even to this day I can identify them by their hands alone. A wrinkled hand is like a good book--the more beat up, the better it is.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Large diamonds and Ferraris are wasted on the young
The young should be scene and not herd.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
I am trying to find the right words to respond to this but I just can't.....

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oh Kilops, honey, you are cute! Wait a few years....you're in for a biiig surprise! (And if you're lucky, some biiig diamonds.)

--- Laurie

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would hope your post is all in jest/sarcastic, but really, I've yet to see a vendor limit "access" to larger diamonds so sounds like it's all in your head. If you can't afford a big rock, get a second job so you can buy one before your hand wrinkles up. ;-) lol

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
may you be fortunate to afford those big diamonds when you have wrinkled hands.....not everyone can, you know?!

MoZo

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Kilops|1304347100|2909974 said:
I suspect I will receive a lot of complaints from older folks replying to my post. However, I am just trying to point out an observation. Remember, I love old people :tongue:

If ignorance is bliss, then you must be one happy person.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1304352705|2910043 said:
may you be fortunate to afford those big diamonds when you have wrinkled hands.....not everyone can, you know?!

MoZo

Maybe in the future, there will be hand-lifts...like face lifts, but for hands. Knuckle reduction surgery too for us with boney fingers. Ah, what technology will do for the diamond-loving world.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1304350708|2910017 said:
Now THIS is the funniest post in this thread!! :lol:

VL, you never disappoint!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Upgradable|1304353215|2910054 said:
VapidLapid|1304350708|2910017 said:
Now THIS is the funniest post in this thread!! :lol:

VL, you never disappoint!

Ditto! Made my day :appl:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm confused...of course younger people have access to them. What a weird thing to say.

One can gain access to larger rocks by one of two methods.

Using one's brain and smarts to make lots of money to buy them (although plenty of young people with money choose to sock it away for retirement instead, because they assume they'll make it to wrinkly status someday). OR...

If you don't have the smarts, feel free to pursue a WRINKLY OLD MAN who is the throes of midlife crisis in his ferrari and you might be tossed a bauble or two.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
When I was 20, and I got engaged, I was happy with a cheap jewelry store diamond. And really, considering how long ago that was, $400+ was more than most people my age were spending on rings.

When I was 47, I had money, he had money, and we bought the diamond on its own merits, and chose a designer setting.

I'm sorry that my wrinkled hands bother you. :bigsmile: But, I'm happy, and really, that's all I care about. :lol:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kilops|1304346415|2909963 said:
From my experience here on PS, I have noticed that theres a direct corrolation between the size of the diamonds people wear and the wrinkliness of the owner's hands. This is pretty sad as I find younger girls' hands compliment the larger diamonds better. Its just like when I see elderly people drive ferraris within the speed limit. It doesnt do the product's justice enough. Dont get me wrong, elderly people deserve and look good in the more expensive things but I just think it would look even better if younger folks had access to them as well. =)

Does that mean no bigger diamonds for your fiance-to-be as her hands become progressively wrinkled?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I guess I'm young. My diamond is only .77ct. Perhaps it would be bigger if I wasn't buying diapers.

AFA hands: I love to see my grandma's hands. They have so much character. They show how strong she was and how caring. When I look at my hands and see the scars and other "unsightly" things, I smile. I hope my hands do enough work to become wrinkly.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Kliops, you are so cute. Reading this thread has been hilarious and has made my day.

However, in my opinion, young beautiful hands just look beautiful on their own and don't NEED big diamonds to set them off. They look lovely with the sweet rings (I actually like small diamonds, myself) that the loving young boys put on them.

When you get to my age, a nice big diamond doesn't actually CONSOLE you for your wrinkly hands (I don't mind mine and don't need consoling) but it does remind you of accomplishments in life that you didn't have when you were twenty--or thirty--a husband and loving relationship of many years, all the work you did together to arrive at the point where he can spoil you, or if you don't have a husband, all the work that you did to get to the point where you can spoil yourself...

If you got everything you want (and see in the ads) when you are twenty, what do you have to look forward to?

And, as someone above said, if you feel you just can't wait, go fnd a credit card that you can max out (there's another thread going on somewhere about people that do this), or go find yourself a nice wrinkly old man with big bucks to decorate your finger. and if you have any luck, when the old guy sees you in your lingerie on your wedding night, he'll get so happy that he'll die of a heart attack and you'll get to keep not only your big diamond but get a lot of other stuff too (if the heirs aren't into long court cases...)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
mary poppins|1304355692|2910103 said:
Kilops|1304346415|2909963 said:

Does that mean no bigger diamonds for your fiance-to-be as her hands become progressively wrinkled?

For some reason I thought the OP was a girl. I feel sorry for your GF. You may need a third job to pay for the face lift! ;-)

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
TravelingGal|1304354236|2910078 said:
Using one's brain and smarts to make lots of money to buy them (although plenty of young people with money choose to sock it away for retirement instead, because they assume they'll make it to wrinkly status someday). OR...

If you don't have the smarts, feel free to pursue a WRINKLY OLD MAN who is the throes of midlife crisis in his ferrari and you might be tossed a bauble or two.

Ah, yes...these are the words I was looking for...thank you TravelingGal!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
elderly ladies :wavey: ...please show us your wrinkle hands... :lol:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1304357332|2910130 said:
elderly ladies :wavey: ...please show us your wrinkle hands... :lol:

I'm speechless. I'm so used to you asking of pics of cleavage that I don't know what to say to this. I guess I'm thrilled your an equal opportunity lech?

Kilops

Rough_Rock
First off, I am a guy. I guess theres not many guys posting on this forum... anyways, I do have something to look forward to as I age. If you cant tell from the OP, I am young. I have luckily stashed enough money to buy a decent sized diamond, not small or large, though probably significantly larger than peers around my age. I DO NOT intend on upgrading my wife's engagement ring in the future because I feel like an engagement is a symbol of my dedication and commitment to her. If I upgrade, I would be changing my original commitment, which I do not intend to do. However, I do intend on upgrading the wedding band as we age. This will reflect the growth and development of our marriage. As the wedding band upgrade will cost significantly less than an e-ring upgrade, I will try to save up my money so that when I am old and wrinkly, my children will be able to afford a BIG engagement ring the first time and not be shackled by their income and so they can follow the same standards I intend on using. This is just my opinion. :appl:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Kilops said:
First off, I am a guy. I guess theres not many guys posting on this forum... anyways, I do have something to look forward to as I age. If you cant tell from the OP, I am young. I have luckily stashed enough money to buy a decent sized diamond, not small or large, though probably significantly larger than peers around my age. I DO NOT intend on upgrading my wife's engagement ring in the future because I feel like an engagement is a symbol of my dedication and commitment to her. If I upgrade, I would be changing my original commitment, which I do not intend to do. However, I do intend on upgrading the wedding band as we age. This will reflect the growth and development of our marriage. As the wedding band upgrade will cost significantly less than an e-ring upgrade, I will try to save up my money so that when I am old and wrinkly, my children will be able to afford a BIG engagement ring the first time and not be shackled by their income and so they can follow the same standards I intend on using. This is just my opinion. :appl:

So ... not so much with the getting any input from your wife-to-be on these matters, eh? I'm shocked.

Kilops

Rough_Rock
Of course I would negotiate with her on this but I think my plan is reasonable and I am a good persuader when I know I have reasonable ground. Its not like I am hording the money for myself. I just prefer to pass it on to the next generation to break the trend that most younger people don't have the luxury of wearing large diamonds.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kilops|1304359015|2910159 said:

HI:

I am really glad you came back to explain yourself--given your original post was rife with grammatical errors and spelling mistakes, I thought, perhaps, you were at recess and posting using your big brother's Iphone! :tongue: ;))

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results