shape
carat
color
clarity

The Sad Truth

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kilops|1304346415|2909963 said:
From my experience here on PS, I have noticed that theres a direct corrolation between the size of the diamonds people wear and the wrinkliness of the owner's hands. This is pretty sad as I find younger girls' hands compliment the larger diamonds better. Its just like when I see elderly people drive ferraris within the speed limit. It doesnt do the product's justice enough. Dont get me wrong, elderly people deserve and look good in the more expensive things but I just think it would look even better if younger folks had access to them as well. =)

hahaha! p.s. pass me those larger stones! :naughty:

suzettesdiamonds

Rough_Rock
Uh.... actually there are hand lifts- so to speak. One can plump up the skin with retylane, then laser the spots right off 'em to make them smooth and pretty again. How about that? Young-looking hands, wisdom and big diamonds! Life is good.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Well, at least he tried to backpedal out of it.

When I was young, I made idiot remarks too and there was no internet then so I have been known to embarrass myself in real life, with people who were NOT strangers with screen-names. Adn where it was impossible for me to simply change MY screen-name and start all over afresh.

Maybe he'll get older and acquire another eye (metaphorically speaking)--though there are old people who are Cyclops/trolls, too.
Maybe his girlfriend will help him to mellow out. It does sound as if he really wants to please her, which means he's not completely selfish/hopeless.

Off to admire my elderly hands with the bling that Cyclops probably wouldn't think was actually all that big.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trust me. . . the size of the diamond isn't the only accurate yardstick of youth. . . come back in ten years and re-read your post. Hopefully in that time you will have learned a lot about diamonds and and have acquired some sense about appropriate and inappropriate comments!

Ah, the arrogance of youth - you're a hoot! :lol:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1304474071|2911726 said:
Kilops|1304462529|2911523 said:
My gf told me she wants a big stone but thats just to show everyone else. She knows even if I could only afford a "pepsi can tab", she would be happy with it. This is why an upgrade isnt a big deal to me or to her right now. We want the journey to define our lives and not the stone. Why do I want to give my kids a big stone then you ask? Because I still want to provide them with the best I can. Does that mean I will spoil them? I will try not to, but I certainly wont let them down.
that's what all the girls say,but do you really believe it?... :bigsmile:

No, he doesn't believe it...On the contrary, i'm afraid that he feels that if he doesn't present a substantial size of diamond she will think he's a loser and she might even dump him and feel embarrassed of him and his ring, that's why he's so extremely worried about this whole thing and he's going to the extent of posting such insane things in this forum. And i suspect that she is the one who first came up with the idea that large diamonds look better in "young and unwrinkled hands" and she has brainwashed him with it so that she can get the biggest possible stone, in order to..."show it to everyone else" as he said! The entire story of those two young people who start their common life with such ideas and (lack of) principals, seems pathetic and sad to me...soooo pathetic and sad...

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i so agree with the last post.....however, why is the troll still being fed? time to stop feeding him.

MoZo

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
natyLad|1304667917|2913756 said:
My gf told me she wants a big stone but thats just to show everyone else. She knows even if I could only afford a "pepsi can tab", she would be happy with it. This is why an upgrade isnt a big deal to me or to her right now. We want the journey to define our lives and not the stone. Why do I want to give my kids a big stone then you ask? Because I still want to provide them with the best I can. Does that mean I will spoil them? I will try not to, but I certainly wont let them down.

No, he doesn't believe it...On the contrary, i'm afraid that he feels that if he doesn't present a substantial size of diamond she will think he's a loser and she might even dump him and feel embarrassed of him and his ring, that's why he's so extremely worried about this whole thing and he's going to the extent of posting such insane things in this forum. And i suspect that she is the one who first came up with the idea that large diamonds look better in "young and unwrinkled hands" and she has brainwashed him with it so that she can get the biggest possible stone, in order to..."show it to everyone else" as he said! The entire story of those two young people who start their common life with such ideas and (lack of) principals, seems pathetic and sad to me...soooo pathetic and sad...

Maybe she did already dump him? lol

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1304697954|2913975 said:
i so agree with the last post.....however, why is the troll still being fed? time to stop feeding him.

MoZo

Indeed, which is why I haven't posted on this thread thus far.

But hey, you want to pay for the (big) diamond your kids will buy for their future SO so they don't feel like you "let them down"? What can I say, entitled breeds entitled?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
natyLad|1304667917|2913756 said:

Now, why would you blame the completely silent GF for this guy's asinine statements? He's a grown-up, I say let him own his mistakes.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kilops...take my advice...don't use these words on PS... "wrinkle", "wrinkled","wrinkly

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
I'm surprised no one's mentioned the macro photography. All those camera settings recommended in the Show Me the Bling thread that bring out the detail in the diamond also bring out the detail everywhere else - i.e., wrinkles where you wouldn't see them in real life. I know I've seen pictures of wrinkly looking young hands that I know are not that wrinkly in real life but the diamonds don't look like that in real life either.

Its the macro photography people!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
AmeliaG|1304714783|2914239 said:
I'm surprised no one's mentioned the macro photography. All those camera settings recommended in the Show Me the Bling thread that bring out the detail in the diamond also bring out the detail everywhere else - i.e., wrinkles where you wouldn't see them in real life. I know I've seen pictures of wrinkly looking young hands that I know are not that wrinkly in real life but the diamonds don't look like that in real life either.

Hah! Good try ;))
And seriously, stop feeding the troll, people! I mean really...he's clearly jumped ship anyway.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
MonkeyPie|1304715505|2914246 said:
AmeliaG|1304714783|2914239 said:

Hah! Good try ;))
And seriously, stop feeding the troll, people! I mean really...he's clearly jumped ship anyway.

Yes, on to greener and less wrinkly pastures. :D

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1304708276|2914163 said:
Kilops...take my advice...don't use these words on PS... "wrinkle", "wrinkled","wrinkly

amen bratha!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Kiclops~ you have succeeded in nothing but being rude and, at the same time, giving all of us a good laugh :bigsmile: You have a lot of growing up to do. Make no mistake, we are laughing at you and your distorted views :lol:

WBPF

Rough_Rock
I am hoping "rosetta" sees this reply to a post he or she wrote in 2011...long story short, I upgraded the setting on my 1.5ct princess cut stone for our 15 year anniversary. It now has a custom deco style halo around it in an octagonal shape with step cut stones in the halo and step cut traps on either side. The whole ring is bezel set. (Id post pictures but it is currently at the jeweler having sizing beads installed....) Anyway, I had been struggling with the size of it, as it is a much larger "look" than I am used to and while the ring is incredibly beautiful, its just so "big" to me. (Yes, I realize this sounds crazy to most of the PS community...LOL!) I have only had it for a few months and while I am slowly getting more used to it, Ill admit I am still a little self-conscious about wearing it.

And then I found this quote from rosetta in a thread about wrinkly hands of all places: " I get great pleasure looking at the huge and beautiful rocks on the hands of our more mature PS members. Those are the ones that have great significance and represent a life lived and relationships nurtured over decades. An achievement."

You just gave me a whole new perspective on my ring, and I cannot thank you enough! Instead of feeling "people are going to judge me negatively based on this ring" (SO dumb, I know....) I will remember your words and wear my ring with honor and pride. This was just the push I needed, so thank you again!!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm kind of new here and just happened to see this thread now - gave me a really good laugh. For the record, I would have loved to have a crazy big diamond from the age of 7 (?). But somehow, I don't think that was very realistic, LOL.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results