shape
carat
color
clarity

*The Re-set Journey Begins! *

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Go LynnB! You''ve been hankering to go "Tubular" for a while now! Can''t wait to see your new setting.
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha ha Lynn, the WF team prob thought i was crazy wanting to take photos with your ring and mine...thank god they humored me, we''d never have such memories to drool over.
9.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Dang, it''s killing me waiting for the final reset. I''ll just sit back and relax. Too bad I don''t like beer or I''d have Rich send me some Corona.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Good luck Lynn!!! Cant wait to see the finished product!!!
36.gif
36.gif

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Lynn, I''m so excited for you! It sounds like this is going to be one awesome AND classic ring
1.gif
I can''t wait to see this reset. I''ve been toying with the bezel idea for my asscher (once I upgrage the asscher that is) for awhile now and I''m really looking forward to seeing what you and Brian come up with. Don''t you just love working w/ BGD? I can''t wait to start another project with them. Congrats lady! Looking forward to seeing the CAD''s!!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
So excited for you! Your current set is one of my all time favorites but I''m sure your new bezel set is going to be even more gorgeous! I can''t wait to see the finished product!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any CADS, pics or thoughts on the new reset project?

I''m trying to be patient. . . but
11.gif
!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 11:48:04 AM
Author: MissGotRocks
Any CADS, pics or thoughts on the new reset project?

I''m trying to be patient. . . but
11.gif
!
Aw, Patty, I almost missed your post, so sorry!!!

Yeah, I have an update... but I don''t think you guys are particularly gonna like it!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
Don''t
29.gif
me!!!
2.gif

I ix-nayed the bezel idea.
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

I KNOW, I KNOW!!! You guys are gonna KILL ME! After ALL the *bezel bezel bezel BEZELBEZELBEZEL!!!!!!* talk... guess what... I just couldn''t find a design that made my heart sing. Brian had a few ideas, and I''m sure they would have been LOVELY... but they just didn''t *speak to me* or make me swoon.

AND while we were trying to make the bezel work, something started to niggle at me, namely, I got to thinking that if I bezeled my diamond, I might really miss seeing the *whole stone*... the edges and the girdle... and the killer "edge-to-edge" sparkle.

So just a couple of days ago I made the decision with Brian and Lesley to shelve the bezel idea and go to Plan B; which was my plan all along if The Bezel (Plan A) didn''t work out for me.

What is Plan B, you ask???!
2.gif
Plan B is a simple platinum solitaire, 4 claw prongs, small donut, half round shank a little under 2mm... and matching plain plat wedding ring.

But guess what the *funnest*
2.gif
thing is gonna be?! They are gonna match the shape of the new shanks to my fishtail pave set so that I can wear my new e-ring with my old w-ring if I wanna little more bling. And I am record excited about that (as well as the whole project), and CANNOT WAIT to get it. Do you know I have been without my diamond for 4 weeks and a day already???!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad you scrapped the bezel idea Lynn. I agree that it does cover up the diamond somewhat. The new setting sounds much prettier!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see plan B, and that the fishtail wedding band can be worn with it if you like. Sounds like a great plan to me.
2.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds beautiful! I think the Bizett is pretty top down, but hate the profile. I hope this makes your heart sing! And get that baby back on your finger!!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lynn ...
Are you SURE you''re not just doing something to be doing something. Now that this has taken a new direction (completely new) I''m a bit worried that you may be going through with *something* because you''ve started down that path & not because its your true END GAME. Does that make sense?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 6:27:24 PM
Author: decodelighted
Lynn ...
Are you SURE you''re not just doing something to be doing something. Now that this has taken a new direction (completely new) I''m a bit worried that you may be going through with *something* because you''ve started down that path & not because its your true END GAME. Does that make sense?
Well, Deco, that''s the thing: I am admittedly insane
37.gif
and I''m never really sure that *anything* in my crazee diamond world is my "true END GAME"!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
Really!

So I have learned to accept that, and I figure as long as I can reasonably afford it, I will probably do a reset every few years!!!
31.gif
12.gif
Before I am dead, my diamond will probably be made into a 3-stone, bezeled, halo''ed, sauteed, stuffed and fried!!!
9.gif
Hey, reality is reality!!!

Althooooooough, I do have to say, this "Plan B" reset isn''t as *impulsive* as it sounds. I have loved the look of the simple plat solitaire for years and I am really record excited about it.

Thanks for worrying about me, though!!!
1.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
18.gif
With all the talk of stuffin'' and fryin'' you''re making me HUNGRY. Hope the reset scratches the itch for awhile. The ability to mix/match with your existing band is SAHweet.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No worries, Lynnie, it''s all good! I''m sure the bezel would have been lovely but there are of course pros and cons to prongs and bezels. I''m just glad you were really able to think it through and realize that the bezel mountings just didn''t seem to do the trick for you.

As for a simple platinum solitaire and band, you just can''t go wrong with that look. It''s elegant and timeless and classic. How wonderful that Brian will make the contours of the rings to match your diamond band - I wouldn''t have thought of that one myself. That''s true customer service!

Four weeks is a long time to be without your stone; here''s hoping that the finished rings are back on your little paw real soon - you must be having heavy duty diamond withdrawal!
39.gif
39.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cant wait to see what you get Lynn. I love Brian''s solitares. They are beautiful and fluid. I worry about the same thing with a halo. I have a semi bezel now,
and I dont like the sides covered up. I tend to get a bit obsessed about this whole reset thing, so I wonder if I will ever find the ''one''.

I hope this one makes your heart sing-(at least for a little while
30.gif
)

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Awww, thanks guys, you''se is DA BEST!!!
36.gif

Once I get the CADs, I promise to start a new thread... will probably call it "*The Reset Journey Continues... Phase 2*!" or something like that!

And YES, Patty, I am really starting to PINE for my diamond!!!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
I MISS IT SO MUCH!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2009 7:33:52 PM
Author: Lynn B
36.gif

Once I get the CADs, I promise to start a new thread... will probably call it ''*The Reset Journey Continues... Phase 2*!'' or something like that!

39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
I MISS IT SO MUCH!
You know what they say - absence makes the heart grow fonder!

That thing is gonna look HUGE to you when you get it back! You''ll never say DSS again!!
36.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 8:24:24 PM

36.gif

Once I get the CADs, I promise to start a new thread... will probably call it ''*The Reset Journey Continues... Phase 2*!'' or something like that!

39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
I MISS IT SO MUCH!

That thing is gonna look HUGE to you when you get it back! You''ll never say DSS again!!
36.gif
Haha, hopefully at least for a week or two, anyway!
9.gif

Actually, I *think* that the new setting (which will be ultrasonic safe) will really help me with my DSS. Here''s why (in my twisted, convoluted way of thinking!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
):

My diamond was NEVER really totally clean. Even Rich commented that there was some kind of VERY stubborn film on the pav of my stone that once it was unset took him several ultrasonic cleanings and a toothbrush scrubbing to remove. Well, THAT''S what I have been singin'' like a canary about!!! (We''re not sure but we think the film may be from the ultra heavy-duty anti-bacterial hospital hand-cleaning soap that I have to use literally dozens of times a day at work. And there''s really no getting around that unless I don''t wear my rings to work, and that''s just not an option for me!)

So, anyway, my diamond''s performance was really being affected by that stubborn and pervasive film, and I think I was maybe starting to actually FORGET how my stone really looks when it''s clean, and was therefore maybe getting somewhat dissatisfied, and blaming my issues on size. But maybe it wasn''t so much size as it was the gradual decline in performance? And now that Rich has seen and cleaned and appraised (and raved about) it, (in his words it''s "frickin'' gorgeous!")
30.gif
I think I realize that while I may be able to find a BIGGER stone, I would be hard-pressed to find a more beautiful one.

So if I start whining about DSS sometime, slap me and remind me of this post, OK?!!
2.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2009 8:56:58 PM

Date: 11/13/2009 8:24:24 PM

36.gif

39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
I MISS IT SO MUCH!

36.gif
Haha, hopefully at least for a week or two, anyway!
9.gif

Actually, I *think* that the new setting (which will be ultrasonic safe) will really help me with my DSS. Here''s why (in my twisted, convoluted way of thinking!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
):

My diamond was NEVER really totally clean. Even Rich commented that there was some kind of VERY stubborn film on the pav of my stone that once it was unset took him several ultrasonic cleanings and a toothbrush scrubbing to remove. Well, THAT''S what I have been singin'' like a canary about!!! (We''re not sure but we think the film may be from the ultra heavy-duty anti-bacterial hospital hand-cleaning soap that I have to use literally dozens of times a day at work. And there''s really no getting around that unless I don''t wear my rings to work, and that''s just not an option for me!)

So, anyway, my diamond''s performance was really being affected by that stubborn and pervasive film, and I think I was maybe starting to actually FORGET how my stone really looks when it''s clean, and was therefore maybe getting somewhat dissatisfied, and blaming my issues on size. But maybe it wasn''t so much size as it was the gradual decline in performance? And now that Rich has seen and cleaned and appraised (and raved about) it, (in his words it''s ''frickin'' gorgeous!'')
30.gif
I think I realize that while I may be able to find a BIGGER stone, I would be hard-pressed to find a more beautiful one.

So if I start whining about DSS sometime, slap me and remind me of this post, OK?!!
2.gif
I so get this. After ten years with my first stone, it suddenly (to me) looked very yellow. I traded it in (the first of many) and was told the guy who took it in trade gave it an acid bath and it looked totally different! Course, if I had it to do again, I would have kept it and had it acid bathed. We had well water in this house and for several years didn''t have a water conditioning system. The water didn''t look or taste bad but I''m convinced it could have had an iron coating from this water. When I really squinsh (that''s my made up word) my mind, I can remember that it wasn''t anywhere near as well cut as my AGS0 stone (course!) but it could have made a nice pendant or something. Oh, well, live and learn and learn from PS. . .

There is nothing more beautiful IMO than a well cut stone showing itself off in a highly polished metal home! We all love size but honestly and truly you get to a size where you think anything bigger would just be silly in the world we live and operate in - not to mention how expensive the smallest of upgrades are at this point! Stones over 2 carat aren''t anything to sneeze at - we have to keep remembering that! - so yes I can believe that your beautiful stone flashing and firing at the world will have you over the moon!

Have you got the ultrasonic fired up and ready to go??

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2009 5:46:59 PM
Author: Richard Sherwood

SMACK !!!

LOL! Hey, watch it, buddy!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

What''d ya'' smack me for, anyway?! I ain''t whinin''... (yet!)
9.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2009 7:17:02 PM

I so get this. After ten years with my first stone, it suddenly (to me) looked very yellow. I traded it in (the first of many) and was told the guy who took it in trade gave it an acid bath and it looked totally different! Course, if I had it to do again, I would have kept it and had it acid bathed. We had well water in this house and for several years didn't have a water conditioning system. The water didn't look or taste bad but I'm convinced it could have had an iron coating from this water. When I really squinsh (that's my made up word) my mind, I can remember that it wasn't anywhere near as well cut as my AGS0 stone (course!) but it could have made a nice pendant or something. Oh, well, live and learn and learn from PS. . .

There is nothing more beautiful IMO than a well cut stone showing itself off in a highly polished metal home! We all love size but honestly and truly you get to a size where you think anything bigger would just be silly in the world we live and operate in - not to mention how expensive the smallest of upgrades are at this point! Stones over 2 carat aren't anything to sneeze at - we have to keep remembering that! - so yes I can believe that your beautiful stone flashing and firing at the world will have you over the moon!

Have you got the ultrasonic fired up and ready to go??
Aww, Patty, you are just so sweet! Thank you for the post. Yes, it sounds like you understand COMPLETELY what I am talkin' about! And I am soooo excited about having that diamond back, in it's beautiful new solitaire home... yowza!
30.gif

BUT, I still have a few weeks to wait, so I don't have my li'l ol' SI US fired up just yet!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

I'm waiting for the new CADs and then the expected wait time till finish is about 3 more weeks, per Brian... and then the rings go to Rich again. (Well, MAYBE. If he keeps smackin' me around when I don't deserve it, well, I dunno...
11.gif
Haha, J/K, and he knows it!!! I actually cannot WAIT for him to see the new rings!)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you''ll have your rings back in plenty of time for Christmas though! Couldn''t go through the holiday light season without a big ''ole diamond on your hand to reflect all the pretties!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2009 7:05:05 PM

Date: 11/13/2009 6:27:24 PM
Author: decodelighted
Lynn ...
Well, Deco, that''s the thing: I am admittedly insane
37.gif
and I''m never really sure that *anything* in my crazee diamond world is my ''true END GAME''!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
Really!

So I have learned to accept that, and I figure as long as I can reasonably afford it, I will probably do a reset every few years!!!
31.gif
12.gif
Before I am dead, my diamond will probably be made into a 3-stone, bezeled, halo''ed, sauteed, stuffed and fried!!!
9.gif
Hey, reality is reality!!!

Althooooooough, I do have to say, this ''Plan B'' reset isn''t as *impulsive* as it sounds. I have loved the look of the simple plat solitaire for years and I am really record excited about it.

Thanks for worrying about me, though!!!
1.gif
you sure are as crazy as me
2.gif
9.gif
I''m totally there with you and probably won''t end as you''ve already seen...lol so I''m excited to see whatever it is that you have up your sleeves, and no matter what, your diamond is a true stunner!
36.gif
in any settings!

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no Lynn, you don''t want to keep your old setting! I am in the market for the Harmony setting and I wear a size 4.75. Oh yes, you should definitely get rid of it!!!
31.gif
31.gif

The new ring will be beautiful!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 5:46:58 PM
Author: *Lindsey*
Oh no Lynn, you don''t want to keep your old setting! I am in the market for the Harmony setting and I wear a size 4.75. Oh yes, you should definitely get rid of it!!!
31.gif
31.gif

The new ring will be beautiful!

Haha, and thanks, Lindsey!!!
Well, as crazeeeee
37.gif
as I am, I am hanging onto it because you just never know what the future will hold!!!
1.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Did you get her back yet? Did you get her back yet? (sounds like...Are we there yet?) I can''t wait to see CADs!! It''s gonna be purdy and it''s gonna look huge in the new simplier setting!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 6:47:35 PM
Author: Luckyeshe
Did you get her back yet? Did you get her back yet? (sounds like...Are we there yet?) I can't wait to see CADs!! It's gonna be purdy and it's gonna look huge in the new simplier setting!!

Yes, we have CADs! You musta missed all the hoopla!
2.gif

LINKY!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results