shape
carat
color
clarity

*The Re-set Journey Begins! *

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I will miss your current wedding set, but look forward to your BGD creation. Keep us in the loupe...teehee
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 11:29:52 PM
Author: Lynn B

Date: 10/16/2009 10:15:53 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Oh stop it lady!!! I am beyond excited for this transformation... I know how it is to worry about putting the rings in the US.... This is such a clean look.

Time frame?? Guessing you''ll have it way before Christmas??
Well, Lesley says that they are running at about a 3 week turnaround time... BUT right now my diamond is in sunny Florida with Rich! I figured it was probably a good time for a re-appraisal, so I sent it to him first. When he is done (about 5-7 days, he says), he will then send it on to BGD.

Then AFTER the re-set is done, I''ve asked Lesley to please send the rings to Rich FIRST for an appraisal of the completed set... so that will add on a few more days... AND THEN I WILL FINALLY GET THEM when Rich sends them on to me!

Egads, can you imagine???! I''ll be a madwoman by that time!!!
32.gif
You guys may have to do some serious ''talking Lynn down off the ledge'' by then!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
(Or maybe I will just start drinking heavily?!)
12.gif
I''ll be in FLA by then should I speed things up??
31.gif

No you are doing things by the book, and I love that. And Rich is such a stand up guy. I think he''s on the west coast, too bad, since I am on the East coast by Palm Beach...

I''d love to meet him some day..
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

Oh stop it lady!!! I am beyond excited for this transformation... I know how it is to worry about putting the rings in the US.... This is such a clean look.

Well, Lesley says that they are running at about a 3 week turnaround time... BUT right now my diamond is in sunny Florida with Rich! I figured it was probably a good time for a re-appraisal, so I sent it to him first. When he is done (about 5-7 days, he says), he will then send it on to BGD.

Then AFTER the re-set is done, I''ve asked Lesley to please send the rings to Rich FIRST for an appraisal of the completed set... so that will add on a few more days... AND THEN I WILL FINALLY GET THEM when Rich sends them on to me!

32.gif
You guys may have to do some serious ''talking Lynn down off the ledge'' by then!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
12.gif

Hey Lynne,
I am bezel obsessed so I am excited too for your re set, although sad to see your gorgeous set go.
I agree that shopping for a coloured gem to put into the pave set will be the perfect way to spend your wait time
11.gif
9.gif
Come on over to CS lovey, the waters'' warm, he he..

Oh and in my chats with Lesley (I also have something in the works), it sounds as if their turn around is very quick compared to most other jewellers, so hopefully not too torturous for us both.

factoring in your re-appraisal, and my international shipping, we may just both have new BGD creations at the same time!
5.gif

have you decided yet on the final design? Or will you wait for Brian''s input on that?
I think you should for sure have a nekkid culet, like Coati''s gorgeous James Meyer.

I own that setting too, and admiring the profile view never gets boring.
1.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2009 12:37:04 AM
Author: arjunajane

Hey Lynne,
I am bezel obsessed so I am excited too for your re set, although sad to see your gorgeous set go.
I agree that shopping for a coloured gem to put into the pave set will be the perfect way to spend your wait time
11.gif
9.gif
Come on over to CS lovey, the waters'' warm, he he..

Oh and in my chats with Lesley (I also have something in the works), it sounds as if their turn around is very quick compared to most other jewellers, so hopefully not too torturous for us both.

factoring in your re-appraisal, and my international shipping, we may just both have new BGD creations at the same time!
5.gif

have you decided yet on the final design? Or will you wait for Brian''s input on that?
I think you should for sure have a nekkid culet, like Coati''s gorgeous James Meyer.

1.gif
Hey AJ, woo hoo -- whatcha'' got goin'' with BGD???!!
31.gif
(Have I missed that somewhere?!)

Well, at this point, I don''t think I''lll put a colored stone in my old fishtail pave setting... I was more thinking of a CS RHR project (and my fishtail pave e-ring is too e-ringy-looking for me for a RHR; I''m weird that way!)

Re: my reset project, I don''t have a final design for the head, I am absolutely waiting for Brian''s input on that! And I''m totally OK with a nekkid diamond, or a diamond in a gallery... I love both looks. I guess it decides on what the design has that he comes up with!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2009 10:06:40 AM
Date: 10/17/2009 12:37:04 AM

Author: arjunajane

Hey Lynne,

11.gif
9.gif
Come on over to CS lovey, the waters' warm, he he..

5.gif

have you decided yet on the final design? Or will you wait for Brian's input on that?

I think you should for sure have a nekkid culet, like Coati's gorgeous James Meyer.

1.gif

Hey AJ, woo hoo -- whatcha' got goin' with BGD???!!
31.gif
(Have I missed that somewhere?!)

Well, at this point, I don't think I'lll put a colored stone in my old fishtail pave setting... I was more thinking of a CS RHR project (and my fishtail pave e-ring is too e-ringy-looking for me for a RHR; I'm weird that way!)

Re: my reset project, I don't have a final design for the head, I am absolutely waiting for Brian's input on that! And I'm totally OK with a nekkid diamond, or a diamond in a gallery... I love both looks. I guess it decides on what the design has that he comes up with!

Heya Lynne,

I am having a cushion sapphire custom cut by Jeff White and having BGD make a custom plat and diamond ring for it. (there's a thread and some mention of it over in CS).
It's kinda a cross between an anniversay /I love my new career ring
5.gif
And I'm crazy excited, with many ants in my pants, so I can totally relate!

Hrmm..personally I think you'd be surprised how much adding colour may change your view of your set...
But I was actually thinking, more as a second engagement ring/wedding set to alternate when you feel like having your bling
2.gif

Well, you are in great hands with Brian (as we all know) - I'm sure you will come up with something fabulous together
35.gif

Keep us updated!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WoooHooo Lynn, I can''t wait to see your BGD creation! Sounds so very awesome! I loved your fishtail set and thought it looked so beautiful on your hand, but your new ring will be fantastic as well. Will you
wear your fishtail band with it. Did I miss what you are going to do for a wedding band!

I love Brians work. I go between Leon and Brian. Every time I think I have finally made up my mind I see another beautiful ring and I change again! I think I get one more and my husband is going to scream
ENOUGH! Unless, he buys another new bike. Maybe I will have to encourage that.

Celtgrrl

Rough_Rock
OH MY WORD!!!!!!! i know we've been talking about this FORever since we did our Tiffany pilgrimage this summer & tried on those bizet rings...[swoon]....i'm So happy you're taking the plunge, Auntie! when will you get any CAD's back? must to see! and think of the sweet relief being able to ultrasonic that GORGEOUS stone & ring anytime you want with nary a worry!!! love you M2P!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mini thread jack...celtgrrl - where is the thread for your finished ring? I followed alot of the cad work on it but never
got to see the finished product (which I can see you now have)...help, someone give me a link!

thread jack over!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 11:52:09 PM

32.gif
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
12.gif
I''ll be in FLA by then should I speed things up??
31.gif

No you are doing things by the book, and I love that. And Rich is such a stand up guy. I think he''s on the west coast, too bad, since I am on the East coast by Palm Beach...

I''d love to meet him some day..
5.gif
Patience Lynn. It''s essential that I absorb the proper amount of rays, Coronas, and background surf & seagull noise at the beach before tackling your job.

You can''t rush these things...

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
10/20/2009 12:27:54 PM
Author: Richard Sherwood

Patience Lynn. It''s essential that I absorb the proper amount of rays, Coronas, and background surf & seagull noise at the beach before tackling your job.

You can''t rush these things...
Ohmylord, a TIPSY appraiser!!! What WAS I thinkin'' ??!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

OK, Rich... STEP AWAY FROM THE CORONAS... shake the sand outta your shoes... AND GET TO WORK!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh how thrilling!!! Congratulations on (finally
31.gif
) deciding!

They''re going to do a fantastic job with it, and my goodness that thing will look HUGE in a bezel!!

Are you thinking of putting a coloured stone in your fishtail?

Keep us updated!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wooooohooooooo, Lynn!!!! I am so thoroughly behind this reset - you have NO idea!!!!! It''s so NICE to be able to toss my ring in the US and not worry about it.

I can''t wait to watch the transformation of your gorgeous set, and if anyone has a fabulous gallery design, it''s you!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are there any design sketches yet from BGD? I just can''t wait to see what he is thinking. . . .!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 8:42:21 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
Are there any design sketches yet from BGD? I just can''t wait to see what he is thinking. . . .!!
Oh Patty! I love your enthusiasm and support, but you''re getting ahead of things just a bit, sweetie!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Rich still has my stone in Florida. I don''t expect BGD to start anything until they get it in hand. Hopefully they''ll have it by the end of this week, or early next week. Rich said 5-7 days. Um, Rich -- are you reading this????!!
12.gif

But I will keep you guys posted. Oh you know I WILL!!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I''ll wait. . . but it won''t be easy
38.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 9:23:43 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
OK, I''ll wait. . . but it won''t be easy
38.gif
LOL! I know... I know!!!

But don''t they say patience builds character??! Or some other such NONSENSE?!!

Eh... never mind all that, huh?! JUST SEND THE RING AND NO ONE WILL GET HURT!!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, dearie, when they were handing out patience I was in the wrong line!! I got double of something else but surely got no patience!!

I''ll just wait for Rich to finish his Coronas so he can ship the diamond to BGD. . . get it goin'' Rich!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lynn, I missed this...your ring is one of the PS classics! But classic is classic, and new is NEW! I am looking forward to seeing the reset!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Very excited to see this, I have been threatening the same thing but have had a problem with the "chunky" head issues so i am definately on the edge of my seat over here! Yay!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, I was out of town when you started this thread so I am glad to see it now! Hehe, yay for a BGD ring, woohooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can''t wait to see this gorgeous creation and all the sketches, yippeeeeee for you Lynn, so happy for ya
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys - THANKS! And I have an update!

Rich is finished with his appraisal (my li''l bauble got a rip-snortin'' RAVE review and I am tickled positively pink!
16.gif
) and he will send it to BGD on Monday for delivery in Houston on Tuesday. So hopefully shortly after that... the designing can begin!
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
OH! I am so excited!

And yeah, TGal... I do realize that as the original Legato head, my rings were awfully special, and kinda maybe even a little bit "PS famous" because of that. And yes, indeed, truly "classics". But I have a goal, and that is to make a NEW PS "classic" ! Bezel settings have so much potential, and can be so beautiful, but the heads are frequently awkward or clumsy. I am hoping that with Brian''s help, we can change that... and nothing would make me happier or prouder to create another new ring that becomes just a little bit PS "famous", too!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww Lynn I remember holding your rings in the palm of my sweaty little hand when I was there for my own reset...and yours was being worked on at the same time. AHH blessed design memories!!!

I can''t wait to see how this comes out. I am a huge fan of bezels when done right, they did a great job on my pendant and it was only a modified stock piece. Sometimes I get tired (gasp) of my bling and think simplicity would be so much more FUN.

Choosing Rich as an appraiser, good move! The boy ain''t half bad... don''t let that cute face fool you. He''s SMART.
9.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yo baby - we''re on a roll now!!!!
36.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 8:58:06 PM
Author: Mara
awww Lynn I remember holding your rings in the palm of my sweaty little hand when I was there for my own reset...and yours was being worked on at the same time. AHH blessed design memories!!!

I can''t wait to see how this comes out. I am a huge fan of bezels when done right, they did a great job on my pendant and it was only a modified stock piece. Sometimes I get tired (gasp) of my bling and think simplicity would be so much more FUN.

Choosing Rich as an appraiser, good move! The boy ain''t half bad... don''t let that cute face fool you. He''s SMART.
9.gif
Hey, nice to see ya''; so glad you popped in!
35.gif

Yeah, I''m record excited for this bezel reset. I thought exactly what you said, "Simplicity could just be so much FUN"! Well, we''ll SEE, won''t we?!!
9.gif

So, Rich finished his appraisal (my li''l bauble got a GREEEEAAAAT report, BTW!), and it arrived this morning in Houston. I am too excited for words!

But oh yeah... the *** memories *** ... remember THIS photo??!!!
30.gif
(For all you newbies, that''s Mara''s ring and mine... well, my same diamond, but my old setting. YES, that would be the shared prong setting before the fishtail pave setting ... and YES, I make my own eyes ROLL!
20.gif
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
)

Mara_Me_Baubles.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay for the great appraisal and the safe arrival in Houston. i remember that picture of your old/old set and mara''s ring. any ideas come forth yet on the profile of the bezel?

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your deision!
Count me in as another person anxiously awaiting the BGD solution to the "chunky bezel profile"!

I saw the Tiffany Bezet in Chicago a few weeks ago. It's very sleek and elegant. Here are two things I thought could be improved on it:

1. With a larger stone, i.e., a stone over 1.5 carat, and for sure with your 2.36, I think the thickness of the metal around the stone needs to be a bit more substantial. Not much -- just a little.

2. The profile of the Bezet is still a little "space helmet" looking to me, though not as bad as some other bezel settings I've seen. The space helmet design does allow the very beautiful Bezet wedding band to fit snug with the ER, so I'll be curious to see how BGD shapes the bezel profile to allow a WB to sit flush.

What are your plans for a wedding band?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 11:05:49 PM
Author: sarap333
Congratulations on your deision!
Count me in as another person anxiously awaiting the BGD solution to the ''chunky bezel profile''!

I saw the Tiffany Bezet in Chicago a few weeks ago. It''s very sleek and elegant. Here are two things I thought could be improved on it:

1. With a larger stone, i.e., a stone over 1.5 carat, and for sure with your 2.36, I think the thickness of the metal around the stone needs to be a bit more substantial. Not much -- just a little.

2. The profile of the Bezet is still a little ''space helmet'' looking to me, though not as bad as some other bezel settings I''ve seen. The space helmet design does allow the very beautiful Bezet wedding band to fit snug with the ER, so I''ll be curious to see how BGD shapes the bezel profile to allow a WB to sit flush.

What are your plans for a wedding band?
Hi, Sara, thanks for the post!

My plan for a wedding band is a plain, simple platinum 2mm tubular shank ring; an exact match to the shank of the e-ring.

And yes, I am so excited to see what Brian has up his sleeve.
3.gif
I talked with him today and he said he will be working up some CADs and send them to me sometime next week. YAY! I will absolutely share them with you guys!

Oh, BTW, I just wanted to comment on your statement above, about the T&Co rings sitting flush. Actually, they don''t. (At least not the ones I saw!) The donut under the e-ring head doesn''t allow the wedding band to sit flush. (See photo below). But I told Brian I don''t really care this time if the rings don''t sit exactly flush... a slight gap is OK. Either way, I''d be fine with!

Two_bezet_rings.jpg

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
It was a lot of fun appraising Lynn''s beauty.

Next time I''m going to charge her 50 cents per question though. I''ll make a fortune...

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock

Date:
10/28/2009 3:11:32 PM
Author: Richard Sherwood

It was a lot of fun appraising Lynn''s beauty.

Next time I''m going to charge her 50 cents per question though. I''ll make a fortune...

LOL!!! Only 50 cents per question? WooHoo, whatta bargain! Most places charge me $1.00!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hey Lynn! I''m soo looking forward to your reset, I keep coming back to check on your progress. its coming along
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results