shape
carat
color
clarity

*The Re-set Journey Begins! *

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OK, here's the thread I promised you guys! Thank you for your enthusiasm... and your patience!

Yes, I have decided on a reset...and Brian Gavin Diamonds will be creating it. I am so excited!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

After MUUUUUCH thought (and yes, ANGST!
2.gif
) I finally decided to reset my 2.36 RB into a simple platinum custom bezel solitaire setting, inspired by the Tiffany Bezet. I am also having a plain platinum w-ring made to match.

I actually had a chance to talk to Brian on the phone a few days ago and it was wonderful. His enthusiasm and passion were very contagious! He seems genuinely excited to create these rings for me, and I just know I am in THE BEST of hands!

I still don't know exactly how the head is going to look under the bezel... but Brian says he has some design ideas and I feel quite confident that together we can come up with something awesome.

I honestly didn't mean to tease or torture
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
anyone here! Although I had, of course, been in contact with BGD, I hadn't had a chance yet to give the official "go ahead" to Lesley, and I didn't want her reading it on the forum before she heard it from me personally! But we are all on board now and ready to go forward with this project.

The main driving force behind this reset is simply that I am ready for a change, and a change that I can freely put in the ultrasonic! I still ADORE my gorgeous fishtail pave set... and believe me when I say that I asked for the stone to be removed VERY CAREFULLY PLEASE SIR -- because I am the first to admit that I may want to use it again some day!!!

But... I am sooooo ready for a killer solitaire. And I have LOVED this look since the first day I saw it.
31.gif

T&Co_Bezel.jpg

I am so excited to share this with all of you. Thank you!
I will keep you all posted every step of the way!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s so exciting!! We know you were not trying to tease us and we were not trying to be impatient but we can''t help ourselves!

BGD will do an outstanding job I''m sure - I really was thinking that you were giving up on the bezel idea. The Tiffany Bezet is great inspiration though; it has clean, sleek lines and looks traditional as well as contemporary - a very nice blend!

Keep us posted - I can''t wait to hear the preliminary thoughts on the mounting.

Good luck - I know it will be beautiful!!
36.gif
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What will you do with the old settings? Will you not miss the, "bling"? (I love your new idea...and solitaires in general!)

cheers--Sharon

chelsea3

Rough_Rock
Yay . . . Please keep us posted with the details. . . CAD''s, Wax, etc., it will be soooo much fun to read, learn and watch the transformation! It is going to be exquisite! You may even be responsible for starting a new trend here on PS
emotion-5.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, guys!

Patty, although I unconditionally LOVED the top down view, I was getting very discouraged by the HEAD of the bezel ring; I just couldn't find anything that really *spoke* to me.

Then I talked to Brian, and he said he had every confidence that he could come up with something I would love.

Soooo, that sounded VERY fun and exciting, and pretty much sealed the deal right there!!!
36.gif

Sharon,
I am keeping my old fishtail pave setting. I think the w-ring will be fun to wear alone sometime when I just want a little ring o' bling, like maybe when traveling; or just for something different. I don't kow if I'll "miss the bling" of the whole (old) set on a daily basis. I don't think so, though. I am ready for a change, and this setting will allow my center stone to really shine
30.gif
without the "competition" of the pave stones and I'm kinda excited about that.

Chelsea,
Awww, thanks for the compliments. Ooooh, I would LOVE to be PS trendsetter!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
Nothing would please me more!!!

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Lynn. That sounds like it will be quite a reset. I can''t wait to see the final product!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yay! Lynn!! I will be watching your thread closely too
2.gif
I''m sooo excited for you... I love bezels and can''t wait to see what you all come up with
36.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Ah, Lynn no matter what you put your stone in, it will be gorgeous. I love your diamond, always have!
This reset sounds so exciting. Keep us posted, can''t wait to see what Brian comes up with.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Gayle and bebe!

Date: 10/15/2009 9:05:50 PM
Author: D&T
yay! Lynn!! I will be watching your thread closely too
2.gif
I'm sooo excited for you... I love bezels and can't wait to see what you all come up with
36.gif

Awww, thanks, D&T... I was hoping you'd see this. You were one of my staunchest supporters when I started this obsession, er I mean, RESET!!!
2.gif
xoxo!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
That is super exciting news! Can''t wait for the updates!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
It''s gonna be gorgeous. I already know.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
so very exciting. I totally understand wanting rings you can put in the ultrasonic and not have to worry about. BGD will do a fabulous job no doubt. I cannot wait to see how this all turns out.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lynn, you are in the BEST of hands!!

I can''t wait to see your finished ring!! I love love love Tiffany Bezet and BGD''s version/interpretation of that would be fantastic!!
36.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool! I predict you will end up missing the bling though!
2.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Yay Lynn! What a great project - I can''t wait to see how it comes out. What are you going to do with your e-ring setting? A colored stone project perhaps?
1.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Hey thanks Lynn for being the groundbreaker here! I too love the Bezet, but not so much the profile.

I will be watching veeeeeerrry carefully to see what they and you come up with.

Congrats!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Yay for bezels! I can''t wait to see what BGD comes up with for your head Lynn!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 10:36:07 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Yay Lynn! What a great project - I can''t wait to see how it comes out. What are you going to do with your e-ring setting? A colored stone project perhaps?
1.gif
I was wondering the same thing!

Lynn- I''m so excited for your reset. Your rings have always been some of my fav on PS (the fishtail pave is one of my all time favs) so I''m sure this reset is going to be absolutely stunning!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You must be very excited!! I can''t wait to see it when it''s done.
36.gif

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Lynn,

I am very excited for your e-ring transformation!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I secretly love a good bezel style too, so easy to care for. Of course, I love your e-ring as is, but I know changing out your setting will satisfy your bezel desire.
31.gif

I cannot wait to see what Brian at BGD comes up with! I am confident you will have the most gorgeous bezel set on the block!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Cool! I adore your diamond, it''s so beautiful. Your old set was a major favorite of mine, but I hear ya on the need for change.

I''m going bezel too on my OEC
2.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 10:33:58 PM
Author: Laila619
Cool! I predict you will end up missing the bling though!
2.gif

I think I''ll be OK! I''m really ready for this change... and as for "missing the bling"... well, that''s what diamond studs and RHRs are for, right?!
30.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
THANKS EVERYONE for your excitement and cheerleading! I really appreciate being able to share this with all of you!

In case some of the newbies are interested, here's the old thread regarding my Fishtail Pave reset.

And here's a picture of it, just for fun (and OLD TIME'S SAKE!):

57YAY.jpg

It'll be really interesting to see what my diamond looks like in a little bezel jacket!!!
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so excited for you Lynn. I know this will be executed with perfection!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 10:06:30 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Thanks Lisa. I know I''m crazeeee and psychotic, but I tell myself it''s well channeled!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 10:10:04 PM
Author: Lynn B

Date: 10/16/2009 10:06:30 PM

Thanks Lisa. I know I''m crazeeee and psychotic, but I tell myself it''s well channeled!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
Oh stop it lady!!! I am beyond excited for this transformation... I know how it is to worry about putting the rings in the US.... This is such a clean look.

Time frame?? Guessing you''ll have it way before Christmas??

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it will look great, very clean and classic.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I am very excited to soon see the end result of your reset journey, Lynn!!!
35.gif
Fun stuff!
36.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 10:15:53 PM

Oh stop it lady!!! I am beyond excited for this transformation... I know how it is to worry about putting the rings in the US.... This is such a clean look.

Time frame?? Guessing you''ll have it way before Christmas??
Well, Lesley says that they are running at about a 3 week turnaround time... BUT right now my diamond is in sunny Florida with Rich! I figured it was probably a good time for a re-appraisal, so I sent it to him first. When he is done (about 5-7 days, he says), he will then send it on to BGD.

Then AFTER the re-set is done, I''ve asked Lesley to please send the rings to Rich FIRST for an appraisal of the completed set... so that will add on a few more days... AND THEN I WILL FINALLY GET THEM when Rich sends them on to me!

Egads, can you imagine???! I''ll be a madwoman by that time!!!
32.gif
You guys may have to do some serious "talking Lynn down off the ledge" by then!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
(Or maybe I will just start drinking heavily?!)
12.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 11:29:52 PM
Author: Lynn B

Date: 10/16/2009 10:15:53 PM

Time frame?? Guessing you'll have it way before Christmas??
Well, Lesley says that they are running at about a 3 week turnaround time... BUT right now my diamond is in sunny Florida with Rich! I figured it was probably a good time for a re-appraisal, so I sent it to him first. When he is done (about 5-7 days, he says), he will then send it on to BGD.

Then AFTER the re-set is done, I've asked Lesley to please send the rings to Rich FIRST for an appraisal of the completed set... so that will add on a few more days... AND THEN I WILL FINALLY GET THEM when Rich sends them on to me!

Egads, can you imagine???! I'll be a madwoman by that time!!!
32.gif
You guys may have to do some serious 'talking Lynn down off the ledge' by then!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
(Or maybe I will just start drinking heavily?!)
12.gif
How about spending your time shopping for colored stones?
9.gif

I love solitaires, BTW. Your new set will be amazing and lovely.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 11:41:36 PM
Author: Fly Girl
How about spending your time shopping for colored stones?
9.gif
Oh you are a WICKED, WICKED woman!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

*Good idea, though!*
16.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results