shape
carat
color
clarity

The PS Garden

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sandeek, Your garden is beautiful. It puts you in a good mood just looking at the pictures! So pretty

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_0283.JPG IMG_0299.JPG IMG_0300.JPG IMG_0287.JPG IMG_0286.JPG IMG_0289.JPG IMG_0288.JPG IMG_0298.JPG IMG_0297.JPG IMG_0296.JPG It's Canada's 150th anniversary this year and since I live in our nation's capital, Ottawa, I get to enjoy some special treats. This is a beautiful topiary garden called Mosaic specially designed to celebrate our history and I thought those of you who love gardening might enjoy some of these pics I took yesterday.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beyond breathtaking kmarla! Thanks for sharing...wow!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was away at the time I usually plant up the pots by the front door, so I only managed to do it 4 weeks ago. We've had a good mixture of rain and sun, so they're coming on really well.

IMG_1984.JPG IMG_1983.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0283.JPG IMG_0299.JPG IMG_0300.JPG IMG_0287.JPG IMG_0286.JPG IMG_0289.JPG IMG_0288.JPG IMG_0298.JPG IMG_0297.JPG IMG_0296.JPG It's Canada's 150th anniversary this year and since I live in our nation's capital, Ottawa, I get to enjoy some special treats. This is a beautiful topiary garden called Mosaic specially designed to celebrate our history and I thought those of you who love gardening might enjoy some of these pics I took yesterday.

Outstanding! I love Ottawa....

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kmarla LOVE. And wow. Just amazing. Thank you for sharing. And I love all the additional photos shared. So pretty!

Here is my city contribution...gritty urban flowers and trees or as I labeled the following photos:
"Urban flowers" and "Trees grow in Brooklyn" aka "Tougher than they Look"
We (our building's beautification committee) planted this and keep it up every year to add color and beauty to our environment.

flowers.jpg

next to the urban pollution and noise and environment of cars, cement and lots and lots of people and dogs

flowerscity.jpg

flowersurban.jpg

flowers10plaza.jpg

treesbrooklyn.jpg

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this thread. So much beauty. Here is my garden now.
IMG_3134.JPG
Another angle.
IMG_3137.JPG
Sandeek, I LOVE your flowers!!! What is the pink flower in the top photo, right in front? Is that some kind of coreopsis?

I think I need it!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can anyone relate?

Attachments

• IMG_0287.JPG
    IMG_0287.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 24

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sandeek, I LOVE your flowers!!! What is the pink flower in the top photo, right in front? Is that some kind of coreopsis?

I think I need it!

Thank you so very much! Yes, good eye, that pink is a Coreopsis. I have yellows, that pink beauty as well as some deep red (right behind the pinks in the pic). I deadhead them to keep them blooming all summer. The pinks are my absolute faves too, and I haven't been able to find them again, and I looked all over!

I can totally relate. I'm sure my FB and IG friends are sick of seeing my garden! Although they all want tips and help with theirs. :P2

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The weather has been too hot here all summer and coupled with the intense smoke from numerous forest fires, no one has managed to grow many vegetables. My tomatoes, peppers, and lemon cucumbers have struggled since July to produce fruit :(2

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aiyeeeee, doing the happy dance. My first moonflower opened. I started the seeds late and transplanted them late and we had an usually long hot summer. Add in heavy ash from forest fires coating everything for the past 2 months and I was sure I wouldn't get any flowers. This is the first to open and there are a lot of large buds on the vine. I am delighted. They open at night and smell heavenly.
moonflower.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very wet here ATM, but here are my pots now

IMG_2018.JPG IMG_2019.JPG

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aiyeeeee, doing the happy dance. My first moonflower opened. I started the seeds late and transplanted them late and we had an usually long hot summer. Add in heavy ash from forest fires coating everything for the past 2 months and I was sure I wouldn't get any flowers. This is the first to open and there are a lot of large buds on the vine. I am delighted. They open at night and smell heavenly.
moonflower.jpg
Omg! SO JELLY!!! I can grow morning glories until the cows come home, but I can never get moonflowers to grow! How beautiful!!!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I have missed so much in this thread! Beautiful gardens everyone! I need that horse topiary in my front yard and I love the driftwood sculpture. :appl:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_2548.JPG My garden was pretty basic this year, although larger than usual. Of note: my daughter and I grew sunflowers next to our zinnias this year, a dwarf variety that I have fallen in love with. A couple weeks ago we cut some stems and brought them inside to enjoy. Then we had a painting/art history lesson (Van Gogh) and our works of art turned out great!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0300.JPG Because I am a creature of habit, I grow these sunflowers every year. They're called "Velvet Queen." It seems that this year, the squirrels love them just as much as I do. IMG_0301.JPG I grew birdhouse gourds last year but something ate them. I suspect raccoons. This year, I had about ten thousand birdhouse gourd volunteers. I let a few of them grow because I can never resist volunteers and I can never resist whimsical plants that serve no purpose but to bring joy. My husband has this idea that plants should only supply food or wood for burning. He can be such a drag. ETA: he complains about my gourds a lot..LOL

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was panicked to find my butterfly bushes covered in yellow aphids and just as I was about to drown them in Safer Soap, I noticed spiny little alien creatures on some of the leaves. Ran in the house to google them and they're ladybug larvae who just happen to happily munch away on those pesky aphids. Red pepper plant is still hard at work, the ruby lips salvia and asters are hitting their peak.
ladybug larvae.jpg red peppers.jpg Salvia ruby lips.jpg asters.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of my florals are gone after the hurricane. I have some lily type plants that are struggling, but they took a pretty nasty beating during Irma. I had started a couple of Plumeria's from seeds of my mature tree, and they were growing very well.. but now they're gone :cry2: I will try again next year.

Working to save the Patchouli. They're huge but I never got to see them flower (maybe next year??)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I planted some succulents in a bird bath in the spring and forgot to drill a hole for drainage so I had no hope but as you can see they have really taken off.

Also planted some mums and got s great deal on a lily plant, my first one so hoping she establishes herself.

IMG_2607.JPG

IMG_2609.JPG

IMG_2611.JPG

IMG_2612.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2613.JPG
    IMG_2613.JPG
    383.8 KB · Views: 27

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE Fall. Colors from my walk during this glorious October morning.
pinky red.jpg orange and black.jpg yellow.jpg ivory.jpg red.jpg berries.jpg pods.jpg street trees.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Getting ready for spring and summer. Cleaned out both water features and turned the waterfall back on. Cleaned out the greenhouse -- ripped up the tomato plants which were still loaded with ripening tomatoes and the lettuce, bok choy, and mesclun salad mix. The only thing left are the pea plants. I'll be loading in lots of compost and worm soil in preparation for summer planting. Some sort of critters have dug their way into the greenhouse and were feasting on the green tomatoes. There is no evidence of entry from the outside so they are coming up through more than 8 feet of soil. Haven't seen the culprits yet but just in case they were nearby this morning I warned them that I don't share well =)2

Thinking about planting all the veggies except tomatoes outside this year and do only flowers in the greenhouse. This year's addition to the garden will be rain barrels.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to trim the topiaries this morning and look what I found. Babies!!!! The nest is in the 2nd tier of the tree. Some kind of songbird, not Hummers, really teeny tiny, two could fit in a teaspoon. They are so precious I got all teary-eyed. I'm so excited to be able to watch them grow.
topiary.jpg Babies.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing Matata. So sweet.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I have actual flowers and roses, etc., but the banana tree by our pool is actually growing bananas this year! Who knows if they will be edible or not. Apparently tons of varieties. We didn't plant these. Kind of cool though.

IMG_20190512_200428944.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby goldfinches 5-16-2019.jpg Update: The baby birds are American Goldfinches and have grown really fast in just 6 days. They'll probably be out of the nest in another week.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crazy banana crop harvest. The shower that we do not use is now our banana storage space!

I had already given 4 hands away before taking this pic!

20190513_204048.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have long desired to have gargoyles in my garden and after a long search found a pair of fellows who are a perfect fit. They will reside on the front porch next to a cedar planter full of wonderful things and guard the entrance to my house. Known as the sword and shield gargoyles, they'll be arriving from England in about a month. I have decided to give them traditional English names using sword and shield as their surnames.

Introducing, on the left, Fergus Alastair Crispin Hugh Sword and, on the right, Angus Reginald Balthazar Rupert Shield

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 7.53.54 AM.png

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My kind of plant tags :bigsmile:

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 11.54.52 AM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results